• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 Major League Soccer |OT| THIS LEAGUE IS RELEVANT!

Back from the Philly game...what a season capped off with a 3-0 loss :/

Oh well, season tickets re-purchased already and I'm gonna be counting the days down till March.

Cant wait for off-season trades/signings, thats always fun :) Wonder whats gonna happen with Adu, hackworth said hes not ready to make a decision yet. Considering rookie Ray Gaddis played more minutes then him....

But fun game today, I think the best part was watching the Red Bull fans get arrested or fight with police in the stands lol The smoke bombs they brought in where pretty funny, espeically the security guy running with it in his hand through the crowd :)

Osorio

I'm in Canada :(

EDIT: Please tell me the payoffs won't be on National TV. I'm gonna be so pissed off (I literally just signed up for MLS Live).

Ouch sounds like you gotta use First Row Sports

And I think most of the playoffs will be either on ESPN or NBC Sports Network

I'm sure TSN will play most of the matches no?

Hieberrr

Ouch sounds like you gotta use First Row Sports

And I think most of the playoffs will be either on ESPN or NBC Sports Network

I'm sure TSN will play most of the matches no?

Ugh. Is there a way to get a refund? It was $10, so it wasn't much. But still, I feel cheated.

Osorio

Ugh. Is there a way to get a refund? It was $10, so it wasn't much. But still, I feel cheated.

I'm sure they'll give it to you if you give them that reason.

Was it for TV and Internet or just TV?

I don't think there's blackouts for the web version.

Hieberrr

I'm sure they'll give it to you if you give them that reason.

Was it for TV and Internet or just TV?

I don't think there's blackouts for the web version.

Web version. I ordered the web version because everyone is using the TV in my house.

EDIT: Cancelled and refunded :D YAY!

I'll ask them again next season if Impact matches will be blacked out for me (I'm in Toronto). I'd love to watch HD streams, but if everything I want to watch will be blacked out then F DAT.

Remy

I'm in Canada :(

EDIT: Please tell me the payoffs won't be on National TV. I'm gonna be so pissed off (I literally just signed up for MLS Live).

You're trying to watch POR-SJ? It's on TSN 2 as well - that's why it's blacked out for you. NBC SN doesn't cause canada blackouts, as I discovered while visiting Vancouver.

Hieberrr

You're trying to watch POR-SJ? It's on TSN 2 as well - that's why it's blacked out for you. NBC SN doesn't cause canada blackouts, as I discovered while visiting Vancouver.

Bah, I guess that explains it.
Which I assume would also apply to the playoffs since I believe either TSN/SN will carry them >__>. My parents are always on the TV, so I only have the PC available to me (the downstairs TV is the only one with digital cable).

xbhaskarx

So I installed Windows 8 today and went into the app store...

CCMzJ.jpg
Hopefully it will get a lot of exposure.

This is what it looks like:

Hieberrr

KuGsj.gif
Watching TFC play their last match against the Crew is hilarious. Their ball movement, runs, and communication on the pitch just scream tier 5 football.

Disappointed looking at the playoff bracket that most of the games will be on NBCSN which I don't get. Guess I'll be watching on the internet.

At least the Fire knockout round game on Halloween is on ESPN.

xbhaskarx

MLS playoff schedule

Knockout Round

Eastern Conference

E4. Chicago Fire vs. E5. Houston Dynamo at Toyota Park, Bridgeview, Ill.: Wednesday, October 31, 9:00 p.m. (ESPN2/ESPN Deportes/TSN2/RDS2)

Western Conference

W4. Los Angeles Galaxy vs. W5. Vancouver Whitecaps at The Home Depot Center, Carson, Calif.: Thursday, November 1, 10:30 p.m. (NBC Sports Network/Univision Deportes/TSN/RDS2)

Eastern Conference Semifinals

E1. Sporting Kansas City vs. E4. Chicago Fire or E5. Houston Dynamo

First leg at Toypta Park, Bridgeview, Ill., or BBVA Compass Stadium, Houston, Texas: Sunday, November 4, 3:30 p.m. (NBC)
Second leg at LIVESTRONG Sporting Park, Kansas City, Kan.: Wednesday, November 7 (9:00 p.m., MLSSoccer.com)

E2. D.C. United vs. E3. New York Red Bulls

First leg at Red Bull Arena: Saturday, November 3, 8:00 p.m. (NBC Sports NetworK)
Second leg at RFK Stadium: Wednesday, November 7, 8:00 p.m. (NBC Sports Network/TSN2/RDS2)

Western Conference Semifinals

W1. San Jose Earthquakes vs. W4. Los Angeles Galaxy

First leg at The Home Depot Center, Carson, Calif.: Sunday, November 4, 9:00 p.m. (ESPN/ESPN Deportes/TSN2/RDS2)
Second leg at Buck Shaw Stadium, Santa Clara, Calif.: Wednesday, November 7, 11:00 p.m (ESPN2/ESPN Deportes, TSN2, RDS2)

OR

W1. San Jose Earthquakes vs. W5. Vancouver Whitecaps

First leg at B.C. Place, Vancouver, B.C.: Sunday, November 4, 10:30 p.m. (ESPN2/ESPN Deportes/TSN2/RDS2)*
Second leg at Buck Shaw Stadium, Santa Clara, Calif.: Wednesday, November 7, Time TBD (MLSSoccer.com/TSN2/RDS2)

W2. Real Salt Lake vs. W3. Seattle Sounders

First Leg at CenturyLink Field, Seattle, Wash.: Friday, November 2, 10:00 p.m. (NBC Sports Network)
Second leg at Rio Tinto Stadium: Thursday, November 8, 9:30 p.m. (ESPN2/ESPN Deportes or Univision Deportes/MLSSoccer.com/TSN2/RDS2)*

* - It's my understanding that ESPN2 will televise only one of the Western second legs. If Los Angeles beats Vancouver, ESPN2 will air Earthquakes-Galaxy on November 7; if Vancouver beats Los Angeles, ESPN2 will air Sounders-Real Salt Lake on November 8. But there is not expected to be a scenario in which both games are nationally televised.

Conference Championships

I'm listing this chronologically instead of by conference because ESPN and NBC are not locked into specific matchups they are in the semifinal round.

First Legs

Eastern conference at lower seed: Saturday, November 10, 3:30 p.m. (NBC)

Western conference if at W2. Real Salt Lake, W4. Los Angeles Galaxy or W5. Vancouver Whitecaps: Sunday, November 11, 9:00 p.m. (ESPN/ESPN Deportes/TSN2/RDS2)
Western Conference if at W3. Seattle Sounders: Monday, November 12, 8:00 p.m. (ESPN2/ESPN Deportes/TSN2/RDS2)

Second Legs

Conference TBD: Saturday, November 17, time TBD; or Sunday, November 18, time TBD (NBC Sports Network/TSN2/RDS2)

Conference TBD: Sunday, November 18, 9:00 p.m. (ESPN/ESPN Deportes/TSN2)

MLS Cup Final

At finalist with best regular season record: Saturday, December 1, 4:30 p.m. (ESPN/TeleFutura/TSN/RDS)

Loudon County set to be announced for 2014 NASL season. The Stars have one last hope as they have an ownership group perhaps going through that has already been vetted.

Socreges

Banned
I never realized how messed up the MLS playoff format was. Is this new because of expansion or has it been like this for a while?

Askani

At a SKC rally The Cauldron is throwing. Pretty great turnout. Peter Vermes is speaking now with the Open Cup trophy on stage. Awesome stuff.

EDIT :::
The owner came out on stage and is now speaking. Cool.

EDIT 2 :::
Just met and shook hands with coach Vermes. Even better.

EDIT 3 :::
Met Colin again and took the worst photo in the history of photos with Zusi.

EDIT 4 :::
What's that you say? US Open Cup trophy you say? Well well well! Don't mind if I do!

EDIT 5 :::
Besler, Zusi, Sinovic, Collin, Olum, and others: http://youtu.be/0VKlPeCPVec

Hieberrr

I never realized how messed up the MLS playoff format was. Is this new because of expansion or has it been like this for a while?

It changed every single year for the past.. iono 5, 6, 7 years. They are finally getting the hang of it and I think this is the format you'll be seeing for a while until we get more teams.

xbhaskarx

IMO this is pretty much the best it's ever been, I hope they don't change it again. Three full playoff spots and two half playoff spots (a play in game, like the new MLB playoff format).

Top Bottom