• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 Major League Soccer |OT| THIS LEAGUE IS RELEVANT!

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I'd love an Atlanta team for road trips but that city has a hard time selling out Braves playoff games. Place is littered with transplants.

There's a lot of hispanic people and Europeans so I think if the new stadium is nice people will go.

shit I know I would. There's a huge Colombian population in metro Atlanta.

There's a lot of hispanic people and Europeans so I think if the new stadium is nice people will go.

shit I know I would. There's a huge Colombian population in metro Atlanta.

Figured you would be intrested in the Andres

http://www.brotherlygame.com/2012/1...philadelphia-union-mls-santa-fe-colombia-loan

Valdes: If MLS Allows, I'll Play Three Months In Colombia Before The Season Starts

Typically Twitter has played the role of the medium through which Philadelphia Union players have disclosed transfers, but this time it was straight from the player's mouth, not fingers, on the radio.

Carlos Valdes has been linked to a return to his former club, Santa Fe, and a preseason of playing soccer in Colombia. The center back confirmed that not only did Santa Fe show interest in bringing him in for a short term loan, but that the deal only was held up by high demands by Major League Soccer, in an interview with La Banda Deportiva.

"There has been definite interest from Santa Fe, but MLS wants a really attractive offer," Valdes said in the interview. If the loan was to happen, "I'll play three months before the MLS season starts."

The comment about an attractive offer most likely referred to a loan fee that Santa Fe would provide to the Union in order to have Valdes play for them. A report by Terra Deportes Colombia yesterday said that the loan deal with Santa would be for three months.

The 27-year-old defender also revealed that he is signed with the Union through the end of 2014, and added that he intends to play leading up to the upcoming MLS regular season.

"I have two years left on my contract and I want to play somewhere in Colombia during the MLS offseason," Valdes said.

The hosts of the program mentioned America de Cali, one of Valdes' other former clubs in Colombia, but he denied it as a possible destination.

"No one has contacted me from America," Valdes said.

The interview moved from Valdes' potential loan to a Colombian squad to the country's national team, which the Union's current captain has started for in recent games. Valdes made it clear that he wished to continue playing during the offseason and the context of that part of the conversation connected it to Colombia's upcoming games, including a World Cup qualifier against Bolivia in late March.

but...this was days before..

http://www.brotherlygame.com/2012/1...loan-to-santa-fe-is-for-six-months-or-it-wont
Rueda: Carlos Valdes Loan To Santa Fe Is For Six Months Or It Won't Happen

Reports have put Carlos Valdes in Santa Fe, awaiting Philadelphia Union approval, but the supposed terms of the loan may kill off any chance of the player and his former team receiving permission for the deal.

Colombian journalist Diego Rueda tweeted today that the Valdes loan deal would send the defender to Santa Fe for six months, or it won't happen.

"The defender Carlos Valdes reached an agreement with Santa Fe, but [they] lack the approval of the MLS," Rueda originally tweeted.

Rueda added in the tidbit about the terms of the proposed loan after a fan asked whether or not it would be like Theirry Henry's six week loan to Arsenal.

"For an entire semester or just for the three months of the MLS break?" the fan asked Rueda.

"[It] is for six months or not happen," Rueda responded back.

With the Union's recent acquisition of Jeff Parke, the team could conceivably get by without Valdes until the summer, with Bakary Soumare and Amobi Okugo able to start alongside of the former Seattle Sounder.

The purpose of any loan during the offseason for Valdes would be to keep him in the Colombian National Team picture prior to the start of the 2013 Major League Soccer regular season. Valdes has earned himself multiple starts for his country since being named captain of the Union.

So who knows whats really gonna happen....3 months, 6, not at all...who knows :/

I for one support whatever Carlos can do to helpt his chances on the Columbian Nat team.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
I'd love an Atlanta team for road trips but that city has a hard time selling out Braves playoff games. Place is littered with transplants.

isn't MLS requiring soccer specific stadiums for new expansions now? so a split use stadium with the falcons doesnt even make sense. though im sure if enough money gets thrown at them, they'd be willing to cave

Osorio

isn't MLS requiring soccer specific stadiums for new expansions now? so a split use stadium with the falcons doesnt even make sense. though im sure if enough money gets thrown at them, they'd be willing to cave

In the report they suggest making more snug arrangements for MLS games. Seattle "sells out" every game by tarping off a little under half the available seats. As does Vancouver. As does New England (not sell out but they have a 24,000 seat configuration in a 68k seat stadium). It's another option for future expansions.

Hieberrr

Jeebus, the people over at Reddit are so butt hurt over any negative criticism of the league. I mentioned that the dubstep the league used for highlights sucked and everyone is all pissed off now.

Nesotenso

What do Timbers fans think of the Diskerud interest ?

Everyone seems to tell me that the Norwegian league is not much better than the MLS. I feel Mixx moving to the MLS helps him stay on JK's radar better.

Osorio

Jeebus, the people over at Reddit are so butt hurt over any negative criticism of the league. I mentioned that the dubstep the league used for highlights sucked and everyone is all pissed off now.

The faster people realize that the only way the league is going to get better is through constructive criticism, the better. There have been a shit ton of improvements the last few years but it's still an unattractive brand of soccer for the most part, with it's most technically sound players being fossils from Europe. Once the fans who actually show up to games start demanding beautiful soccer, it won't markedly improve. The people are starting to fill the seats, but people won't watch it on TV until there are players on each team that make you go "wow".

Hieberrr

The faster people realize that the only way the league is going to get better is through constructive criticism, the better. There have been a shit ton of improvements the last few years but it's still an unattractive brand of soccer for the most part, with it's most technically sound players being fossils from Europe. Once the fans who actually show up to games start demanding beautiful soccer, it won't markedly improve. The people are starting to fill the seats, but people won't watch it on TV until there are players on each team that make you go "wow".

That's exactly how I feel. The league has made huge, huge, huge improvements in the last few years, but it's still has a lot of room for improvement. This applies to the on-field product, to media presentation. I basically said that I didn't like the dubstep music they used for the 2012 team goal compilations and I got a lot of hate for it. I also hate the "fossils" that you mentioned. I hate that instead of getting young players (from both at home and internationally), we are going for 34-37 year old players. DA FUCK.

I mean, they were raving about Iker Casillas coming to MLS. Yeah... he's only coming when no other team or league on the planet wants him.

The reddit community is filled with a bunch of idiots. I'm never coming back to /r/MLS.

Osorio

That's exactly how I feel. The league has made huge, huge, huge improvements in the last few years, but it's still has a lot of room for improvement. This applies to the on-field product, to media presentation. I basically said that I didn't like the dubstep music they used for the 2012 team goal compilations and I got a lot of hate for it. I also hate the "fossils" that you mentioned. I hate that instead of getting young players (from both at home and internationally), we are going for 34-37 year old players. DA FUCK.

I mean, they were raving about Iker Casillas coming to MLS. Yeah... he's only coming when no other team or league on the planet wants him.

The reddit community is filled with a bunch of idiots. I'm never coming back to /r/MLS.

Seems to me like lots of MLS fans on message boards are delusional as to how popular or good MLS is. To me it's pretty obvious. Once you get some good young franchise players and a consistent quality of play on the field, the people will start watching. Surely, the attendances are great but it's the cheapest major league and probably the most fun to be at. However, there's rarely ever a real tactical battle on the field and a good portion of the goals are scored due to a poor defensive mishap. There are also too many role players who don't actually know how to play soccer but win balls in the air or know how to be a stopper, etc. Hopefully with more Latin American players coming in and a slew of academy products raised in a more mature soccer environment things will turn around.

Hieberrr

Seems to me like lots of MLS fans on message boards are delusional as to how popular or good MLS is. To me it's pretty obvious. Once you get some good young franchise players and a consistent quality of play on the field, the people will start watching. Surely, the attendances are great but it's the cheapest major league and probably the most fun to be at. However, there's rarely ever a real tactical battle on the field and a good portion of the goals are scored due to a poor defensive mishap. There are also too many role players who don't actually know how to play soccer but win balls in the air or know how to be a stopper, etc. Hopefully with more Latin American players coming in and a slew of academy products raised in a more mature soccer environment things will turn around.
Most goals look the same as a result :( And I have yet to see consistent plays that consist of runs and amazing through passes. Same applies to the build up of plays and just overall technical skills. I'm really hoping that more South American or Euro coaches come into the league. The league is too similar in terms of play style, imo.

There are rumours that Saputo is looking for an Italian coach for us.

People were more pissed at your somewhat rude criticism of dubstep than they were about the criticism of the league. People are willing to criticize MLS all the time over on Reddit - people want to institute pro/rel, to sign better players, to fix the broken playoff system, get better refs, and so forth.

Hieberrr

People were more pissed at your somewhat rude criticism of dubstep than they were about the criticism of the league. People are willing to criticize MLS all the time over on Reddit - people want to institute pro/rel, to sign better players, to fix the broken playoff system, get better refs, and so forth.

I said it sucked. Gave examples of what I thought was better and then got downvoted into oblivion instead of having people provide their own examples or explaining why dubstep fits into the highlight reel (which it really doesn't). Then I have people calling me out, but when I do the same thing I'm suddenly the bad guy (which I admit I took a little too far, but really... the hivemind mindset there is unbelievable in that subreddit).

Osorio

Most goals look the same as a result :( And I have yet to see consistent plays that consist of runs and amazing through passes. Same applies to the build up of plays and just overall technical skills. I'm really hoping that more South American or Euro coaches come into the league. The league is too similar in terms of play style, imo.

There are rumours that Saputo is looking for an Italian coach for us.

You really think it has to do with the coaching? Foreign coaches have been coming into the league since the beginning. I just feel that the players that the coaches are given are usually not all competent to implement a system that they would like. There's definitely a lack of creative midfielders let alone creative players that aren't midfielders.

Hieberrr

You really think it has to do with the coaching? Foreign coaches have been coming into the league since the beginning. I just feel that the players that the coaches are given are usually not all competent to implement a system that they would like. There's definitely a lack of creative midfielders let alone creative players that aren't midfielders.
I think it has to do with a little of both. The players really are too one-dimensional as they play with too much of an emphasis on technicalities and too little on creativity. I believe that it's just the way they were brought up in their respective programs. I'm willing to argue that it's largely due to college soccer as (or with any other college sport) it's too x's and o's.

This is where I think MLS coaches can come in. I think the coach can set up systems or at least a philosophy within the team to give it an identity, a strategy, and a direction to move in. I'm sure if a system and philosophy is in place, players are able to pick up what they are supposed to do better and perform their role more efficiently instead of being a role-player (as you mentioned) or just trying to be an overall well-rounded player. I honestly believe that if, say, TFC got themselves a competent coach, he'd be able to get Luis Silva to be an amazing creative/attacking midfielder. If there's one thing I've noticed in this league, it's that passes are too direct--the ball gets passed directly to the player instead of leading the player. If a coach were to change this, we'd be seeing a lot more dangerous runs, better buildups, and overall better offence. The same would apply to defence if the right mentality and philosophy is implemented.

So yeah, I think it's both the coaches and the players. But I believe that it's easier and more beneficial to change the players than to consistently change the coach (assuming the league is still working hard to make sure that Canadian/American players remain as the majority demographic in this league).

Hopefully, we'll see an influx of young foreign talent so that domestic players can learn while on the pitch.

EDIT:
While we're on the topic of coaches; Paul Mariner needs to go if TFC wants to be successful.

Remy

I said it sucked. Gave examples of what I thought was better and then got downvoted into oblivion instead of having people provide their own examples or explaining why dubstep fits into the highlight reel (which it really doesn't). Then I have people calling me out, but when I do the same thing I'm suddenly the bad guy (which I admit I took a little too far, but really... the hivemind mindset there is unbelievable in that subreddit).

So I was going to reply to you on the thread you started, but perhaps this is a better place to do it, especially since you've deleted all your comments.

I'm part of the r/MLS mod team (probably won't be hard to figure out which one). Despite whatever level of support we've been getting from the league lately, r/MLS is hardly an endless cheerleader for the league. Specific examples I can think of from this year:

- Any pro-NY2 article is met with huge levels of criticism from fans all over the league.
- Don also made some repeated comments about how he hates chants with profanity in them, which set off a fierce debate.
- Brian Billelo, president of the Revs, did an AMA, and his fan base didn't exactly hold back on the criticism. He dealt with most of it in stride.
- Similarly, when the MLS Digital team comes by, they take a large amount of shit about the lack of Android MLS Live streaming or the blackouts.

What community doesn't deal well with varies day-to-day. People who endlessly troll are cast out - there's one guy who's sole mission in life is to talk about how great LigaMX is and how terrible MLS is, and another who has some weird vendetta against Garber and the terrible TV ratings. There's an overwhelming amount of Sounders fans, and sometimes their desire to post every bit of Seattle ephemera online leads to some wide downvoting.

I think everyone wants the league to improve - we still have a long, long way to go. But your post was pretty much "Change this, it sucks", and when people asked you to explain further - or even say they liked the weird generic electronic music they use - you got indignant. And it went downhill from there.

I hope you'll come back - while I have quibbles with how your argument went, believe me when I say r/MLS is no stranger from people asking for better from the league.

we're on the topic of coaches; Paul Mariner needs to go if TFC wants to be successful.

That's for sure. He coaches an ugly ass game. Which would be fine, if it brought results - but it clearly didn't!
I'm surprised that Payne didn't replace him straight away when TFC hired him.

Nesotenso

So I was going to reply to you on the thread you started, but perhaps this is a better place to do it, especially since you've deleted all your comments.

I'm part of the r/MLS mod team (probably won't be hard to figure out which one). Despite whatever level of support we've been getting from the league lately, r/MLS is hardly an endless cheerleader for the league. Specific examples I can think of from this year:

- Any pro-NY2 article is met with huge levels of criticism from fans all over the league.
- Don also made some repeated comments about how he hates chants with profanity in them, which set off a fierce debate.
- Brian Billelo, president of the Revs, did an AMA, and his fan base didn't exactly hold back on the criticism. He dealt with most of it in stride.
- Similarly, when the MLS Digital team comes by, they take a large amount of shit about the lack of Android MLS Live streaming or the blackouts.

What community doesn't deal well with varies day-to-day. People who endlessly troll are cast out - there's one guy who's sole mission in life is to talk about how great LigaMX is and how terrible MLS is, and another who has some weird vendetta against Garber and the terrible TV ratings. There's an overwhelming amount of Sounders fans, and sometimes their desire to post every bit of Seattle ephemera online leads to some wide downvoting.

I think everyone wants the league to improve - we still have a long, long way to go. But your post was pretty much "Change this, it sucks", and when people asked you to explain further - or even say they liked the weird generic electronic music they use - you got indignant. And it went downhill from there.

I hope you'll come back - while I have quibbles with how your argument went, believe me when I say r/MLS is no stranger from people asking for better from the league.

sounds like a guy who posts on GAF

our youth system in america fucking sucks. it is focused on creating teams that win, not churning out players that know how to play the game properly. the problem is that "winning" at the youth level is done by out-running and out-muscling the opponents. this is also true of high school soccer, which is usually embarrassing to watch. the coaches that try and get kids to be better technically are forced out of their teams by parents who just want to see their children win. it's crazy because plenty of talented players simply don't develop or grow as fast as other kids, and they get left behind.

hopefully as more and more academies are set up, and more and more players eschew the high school system, the quality of the MLS will improve. there are already a few academies here in NJ that forbid their players from playing school ball. i really feel strongly that the problems are home-grown and must be fixed from the bottom-up, not by bringing outsiders into the league. we need academies that will start recruiting players from all walks of life, not just those with parents that can afford academy training. and MLS teams recruiting directly from academies and then helping those kids get a college education (ie. paying for online evening classes), instead of the other way around, would go far.

in other news, we signed a guy who will be 38 in a month. sweet.

Askani

SKC has a press conference at 1:00 p.m. CT to announce a Designated Player signing. Can't wait!

And wow @ Juninho. Kind of surprising.

Osorio

The Red Bulls officially sign Juninho.

He's old as fuck but it gives us some depth at the top of the diamond (if we're still going to play a diamond 4-4-2)

The priority atm should be to sign more wingers but Connor Lade can fill in on the left just nicely. Our backline with Pearce, Barklage, Olave, Conde, Holgersson (he may not return), Miller (hopefully doesn't return), Lade (depth) seems solid.

Then there's Cooper, Henry, Espindola, and Cahill who can all play up top.

We just need more depth on the wings and another D-mid.

However, Victor Palsson a player we loaned to NEC Nijmegen in Holland has been doing really well over there and comes back in a few months. He's another option for the D-Mid destroyer type.

AndresON777

shooting blanks

blurrygil

I'm part of the r/MLS mod team...

r/MLS is no stranger from people asking for better from the league...

I don't think I'll ever return to r/MLS for the fairly same reasons Hieberr has posted about. Moreso, being deep-rooted ECS and longtime football supporter, I can't stand the mindset in those threads. That's just me, however. In fact, I can hardly post in this thread. It's just the lack of proper supporter mentality, minus the rare lad I know personally here and there.

Osorio

our youth system in america fucking sucks. it is focused on creating teams that win, not churning out players that know how to play the game properly. the problem is that "winning" at the youth level is done by out-running and out-muscling the opponents. this is also true of high school soccer, which is usually embarrassing to watch. the coaches that try and get kids to be better technically are forced out of their teams by parents who just want to see their children win. it's crazy because plenty of talented players simply don't develop or grow as fast as other kids, and they get left behind.

hopefully as more and more academies are set up, and more and more players eschew the high school system, the quality of the MLS will improve. there are already a few academies here in NJ that forbid their players from playing school ball. i really feel strongly that the problems are home-grown and must be fixed from the bottom-up, not by bringing outsiders into the league. we need academies that will start recruiting players from all walks of life, not just those with parents that can afford academy training. and MLS teams recruiting directly from academies and then helping those kids get a college education (ie. paying for online evening classes), instead of the other way around, would go far.

in other news, we signed a guy who will be 38 in a month. sweet.

Don't MLS teams pay for their academy players?

Osorio

I don't think I'll ever return to r/MLS for the fairly same reasons Hieberr has posted about. Moreso, being deep-rooted ECS and longtime football supporter, I can't stand the mindset in those threads. That's just me, however. In fact, I can hardly post in this thread. It's just the lack of proper supporter mentality, minus the rare lad I know personally here and there.

What do you mean by proper supporter mentality?

Also, I'm excited for Juninho to be available for the Red Bulls on FIFA :)

Hieberrr

Joey Saputo very recently:
As I’ve said many times, I eventually want the Impact to be a complete club, with youth teams at every level. We launched our Academy last year precisely for that reason with U21, U18 and U16 teams in place, to better develop our young players. But, as we continue expanding the Academy, we also need to see what the best practices are around the world.

That’s why we went to Lyon in November to meet with the president of Olympique Lyonnais, Jean-Michel Aulas, and discuss how their Academy is structured.

Which according to Mount Royal Soccer means:
I would call it the Rest Of The World Model as pretty much most of the world uses an Academy system to bring up professional players from within, a direct clash with the North American College/Draft model.

After confirming that he met with Jean-Michel Aulas in France, Joey Saputo is looking for best practices in creating an Academy and l'Olympique Lyonnais is definitevely a model to follow.

ALL. OVER. MY. FACE.
The "draft" system has no place in soccer, imo.

Osorio

It's a bit too rosy for me in this thread, if you will. Plus I despise all other clubs in this league...

As a long time ESC member I hate DC, Chicago, Kansas City (underrated rivalry) New England, Philly (sorta), Toronto fans, and Alexi Lalas more than anything. However, I can't muster any real hatred for most west coast teams.

Most West Coast cities have no correlation or importance to me and their fans come in too few numbers to RBA for me to care. Portland's fans are little bitches though from those I've met at bars in New York.

Osorio

It's a GAF thing :p Same thing over in FootyGAF with the few exceptions.

I guess it depends on your history with the league. My friend has stitches in his head from an altercation in RFK Stadium with Barra Brava dudes. I got kicked out of RFK for spitting a clammy in a dude's buttcrack who was mooning me. Philly always tries to start fights but they're a bunch of nerds. In 2007, East Rutherford Police had to separated ESC from Toronto's fans with a bunch of cops and K-9 Unit and horses and shit. I've been maced for no reason by a security guard at Gillette Stadium.

So...I understand why some people feel supporters are overzealous sometimes but you also go through a lot more shit.

Hieberrr

I guess it depends on your history with the league. My friend has stitches in his head from an altercation in RFK Stadium with Barra Brava dudes. I got kicked out of RFK for spitting a clammy in a dude's buttcrack who was mooning me. Philly always tries to start fights but they're a bunch of nerds. In 2007, East Rutherford Police had to separated ESC from Toronto's fans with a bunch of cops and K-9 Unit and horses and shit. I've been maced for no reason by a security guard at Gillette Stadium.

So...I understand why some people feel supporters are overzealous sometimes but you also go through a lot more shit.
Oh man, this is why I don't like being in supporters groups. I've stood with one before (during the CCL match against LA) and it was enjoyable no doubt, but part of me doesn't like the idea that things could escalate really quickly if the visiting fans were there.

Osorio

Oh man, this is why I don't like being in supporters groups. I've stood with one before (during the CCL match against LA) and it was enjoyable no doubt, but part of me doesn't like the idea that things could escalate really quickly if the visiting fans were there.

I don't think it's that much of a problem anymore. Before, stadiums did not have any good plans on how to handle away support and the security guards would often treat us like prisoners. Shit, we'd be treated poorly at home games! Now, there is usually a police escort to and from the stadium when you have an organized road trip.

I'm pretty surprised to see these sorts of stories coming out of MLS teams, though I suspect it's worse for traveling fans than it is for those supporting at home. The worst thing that happened at a Seattle - FC Dallas game in the traveling fans' section was some trash talk across aisles and a family of like 8 leaving the game after angrily yelling at us for cursing. It wasn't a positive experience, to tell the truth - I love the passion but prefer the less adversarial nature of home supporters' crowds - but it was hardly dangerous, either.

And I've attended lots of home games in the supporter's section with nothing dangerous ever happening. MLS seems to have all the passion of European football with little of the thuggery.

Osorio

I'm pretty surprised to see these sorts of stories coming out of MLS teams, though I suspect it's worse for traveling fans than it is for those supporting at home. The worst thing that happened at a Seattle - FC Dallas game in the traveling fans' section was some trash talk across aisles and a family of like 8 leaving the game after angrily yelling at us for cursing. It wasn't a positive experience, to tell the truth - I love the passion but prefer the less adversarial nature of home supporters' crowds - but it was hardly dangerous, either.

And I've attended lots of home games in the supporter's section with nothing dangerous ever happening. MLS seems to have all the passion of European football with little of the thuggery.

The larger the traveling contingent, the more likely it is that there will be problems. East Coast teams have much shorter travel distances than West Coast teams which is why I think we have had more problems. Not to mention that we (ESC) are pretty rude and not only curse often but we also make fun of other people's cities quite flagrantly.

Hieberrr

Yeah so far I've only experienced swearing and foul language. It's not ideal, but it's to be expected with supporters sections. If I were to bring kids to the game, I'd try to get a reasonable amount of space away from them. It's their right and they have their own section for it. Personally I'd rather hear chants without the word "fuck" in it, because I really think it makes them look like they are trying too hard. Mind you I feel like that about all of the chants with the word "fuck" in the world.

I'm probably one of those lame people, haha. Creativity will always be better than this type of chants in my eyes, that's why I love Portland's Tetris chant <3.

But w/e. I'm happy that our league hasn't resorted to thuggery and that hooliganism isn't a thing.

As a long time ESC member I hate DC, Chicago, Kansas City (underrated rivalry) New England, Philly (sorta), Toronto fans

Bullshit! You told me you love me! :)

I love soccer but I have no time for the juvenile hatred shit. Why would I randomly hate the other supporters just because they live in a different city? I'm too much of a lover I guess.

I know that Toronto and Columbus supporters have had multiple violent clashes. I just shrug and walk the other way.

Osorio

Bullshit! You told me you love me! :)

I love soccer but I have no time for the juvenile hatred shit. Why would I randomly hate the other supporters just because they live in a different city? I'm too much of a lover I guess.

I know that Toronto and Columbus supporters have had multiple violent clashes. I just shrug and walk the other way.

I meant Red Patch Boys and such :)

Yeah it's pretty stupid but many supporters I've come across are usually looking for something to be a part of. Some of them watched too much Football Factory/Green Street Hooligans. Others seems to not have many friends or acquaintances and find it easy to connect to other people who view soccer the way they do. I have many ESC friends on Facebook and there are very few who seem to separate their regular lives from their soccer lives.

Osorio

Rumor swirling that Peguy Luyindula will join the Red Bulls as well.

Guy played for Lyon from 2002-2004, makes sense.

Do I want him? Only if he makes less than Cooper.

Yeah so far I've only experienced swearing and foul language. It's not ideal, but it's to be expected with supporters sections. If I were to bring kids to the game, I'd try to get a reasonable amount of space away from them. It's their right and they have their own section for it. Personally I'd rather hear chants without the word "fuck" in it, because I really think it makes them look like they are trying too hard. Mind you I feel like that about all of the chants with the word "fuck" in the world.

I'm probably one of those lame people, haha. Creativity will always be better than this type of chants in my eyes, that's why I love Portland's Tetris chant <3.

But w/e. I'm happy that our league hasn't resorted to thuggery and that hooliganism isn't a thing.

Yeah, I think it would be wise to put a disclaimer on tickets sold near supporter's sections, and for supporters to keep the profanity out of chants that can be heard across the stadium. Let the supporters have their fan experience, and the families have their's.

Pre

I think it's acceptable to split a stadium with another professional sports team so long as the stadium is constructed with soccer in mind (ala Sounders/Seahawks sharing Qwest or whatever the fuck it's called now).

I would very much like Atlanta to get a team. Down here in the South we don't really have a regional tie to any current MLS club.

Top Bottom