• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

Barrage

With out giving this 2 seconds of thought.

Paul Pierce

The celtics turned Al Jefferson into KG, and i forget what they traded for Ray Allen. But Paul Pierce could easily have had a hissy fit and demanded a trade. Didn't. And they had Perk and Rondo.

I'd say it worked out pretty well for him.

Or do you want me to keep going?

I can provide instances of your theory not working 100 times. But there are so many versions of the opposite working, you can even exclude one you think is "shady" or what ever.

Your "theory" is all-encompassing, and ignoring my exact problem with Aldridge's line of thinking. My problem is that he thinks building a team of him and a bunch of draft picks will lead anywhere. It won't, and it never has.

When did I ever say trading pick-for-veterans, as Boston did, was a bad idea? That's exactly how you build a contender. That's not what Aldridge wants. He thinks that him leading Portland to the lotto for years, and those players developing, will lead Portland to a Championship.

Your "theory" is all-encompassing, and ignoring my exact problem with Aldridge's line of thinking. My problem is that he thinks building a team of him and a bunch of draft picks will lead anywhere. It won't, and it never has.

When did I ever say trading pick-for-veterans, as Boston did, was a bad idea? That's exactly how you build a contender. That's not what Aldridge wants. He thinks that him leading Portland to the lotto for years, and those players developing, will lead Portland to a Championship.

Unfortunately for the Blazers, they don't have former players as GM of a team that needs to trade a star. The Lakers got better by waiting for Bynum to develop instead of trading for declining Kidd and the Lakers previously got better by trading Goodrich for future picks which became Magic which directly contradict two of your examples...Not to mention that Jordan stayed in Chicago and waited for Pippen to develop into a good player instead of demanding he be traded for a veteran.

h3ro

This baseline shotclock projection is one of the stupidest things I've ever seen.

The redundant shotclock on the ever expanding score box (look at the size of that thing!) makes it even better.

Emwitus

I'm still amazed at what doc has done with this team, even if they lose this game, a possibiltity with a team like miami. They have looked mighty good so far.

h3ro

If the Knicks make the playoffs because of the Sixers, I'm blaming you.

dMDeX.jpg

giri

Lol

here's the flaw in your "theory", no team getting a star player that has come out and demanded a trade, has ever won. Or a team known to be under that pressure of HAVING to make moves, to keep their star happy. The other teams all hold the upper hand in the trade.

Boston traded a bunch of players that they drafted (jeff green and delonte west for ray allen, al jefferson and 2 draft picks for KG). That happened by building through the draft.

But of course, thats unpossible, right?

You're wrong, its ok, you can admit it and just skulk off.

thekad

Banned
Lol

here's the flaw in your "theory", no team getting a star player that has come out and demanded a trade, has ever won. Or a team known to be under that pressure of HAVING to make moves, to keep their star happy. The other teams all hold the upper hand in the trade.

Kobe.

giri

And he re-signed. With the lakers.

The pau trade was incredible robbery though, and we all know that.

Prior to that, all chips were in the bynum basket. And even then, they included the M. Gasol pick.

But yes, it's literally the only exception i can think of, where it worked. And it only worked becaase of the lopsided nature of the pau trade.

Emwitus

And he re-signed. With the lakers.

The pau trade was incredible robbery though, and we all know that.

Prior to that, all chips were in the bynum basket. And even then, they included the M. Gasol pick.

But yes, it's literally the only exception i can think of, where it worked. And it only worked becaase of the lopsided nature of the pau trade.

Considering what marc gasol has became and what he was in europe......I wouldn't call it lopsided.

I was mostly kidding. That Pau trade was bullshit.

He made it, but why the hell did Chalmers shoot that?

anytime youre on a fast break with the two best finishers in transition and you can keep the ball and force a contested layup, you gotta do it

The Grizzlies winning the chip this year would be great for basketball to give hope to teams that you can win a chip without having ridiculous luck in the draft (Durant/Russ/Harden one after the other smh) .

But I'm just happy that the Heat aren't winning shit again this year. The storylines will be glorious.

And the meltdowns.

Keikaku.

Barrage

Lol

Kobe. But no, keep stating declarations that are inherently wrong.

Boston traded a bunch of players that they drafted (jeff green and delonte west for ray allen, al jefferson and 2 draft picks for KG). That happened by building through the draft.

But of course, thats unpossible, right?

You're wrong, its ok, you can admit it and just skulk off.
But trading players that you drafted means you're ready to contend. Aldridge doesn't care about contending, he's not in his prime yet!

Blazers' All-Star is all in for rebuilding. “I don't think I've reached my prime yet,” LaMarcus Aldridge said. “So, if we get a good group of rookies in this draft, they'll be able to gain some experience in the next couple of years and we'll be a force a couple of years from now.

Seems like the drafts the key for old Lamarcy.But what do I know, i'm only quoting him. If you support him giving up on the next two years, that's your call.

But please, keep arguing vague generalities that having nothing to do with the exact point i'm making. You're winning against someone, just not sure who.

"

thekad

Banned
With only 9 games left and Washington 4 games up, Bobcats should probably use games like this to make sure they're not the losingest team in history.

Top Bottom