• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

giri

I don't have a problem with Portland-they're gonna suck, it's inevitable-my issue is with their supposed franchise guy saying that being shit is Okie-dokie.

Lamarcus has an attitude that's great, if you're the team's fourth-best player. He's supposed to be the "Guy". And he's throwing his hands up and saying, "we got no shot. SOS. Bring help." Love isn't cool with being garbage the next two years. Nor is Griffin.

FFS, Ilyasova is saying he's not focused on anything but getting into the playoffs. He might not even play in this COUNTRY next year. So why is he so much more motivated than a "Franchise" guy, when his team was (at the time) 2 and a half games closer to making the Playoffs?

Lamarcus has the heart of Lebron James, and the talent of Shareef Abdul-Rahim. Enjoy the next two years.

Dirk.

You keep talking about direction as if its been anything but losing so far.

The only benefit of having cap space and draft picks is if you use it correctly. Right now the record isn't great. Adam Morrison, DJ, Kemba, Henderson, the list goes on. All ass.

Somehow the team that gets FIFTY every year outdrafts you guys season after season (George Hill, Dejuan Blair, Tiago Splitter, Kawhi Leonard is so so much better than your shit). Thats not promising for the future.

I don't know how you can list teams like Orlando and Indiana on there (esp Indiana). Its been way more fun to be a fan of those teams than the Cats the last five years, and though there is a chance that the Cats will have a better next five years, there is nothing to show for that yet. Maybe the next 3 TANK seasons will give you middling players, and you guys will peak in the middle, only to blow it up again? We don't know, but at the very least the process wouldn't be so painful for the Indianas of the world; they'll be relevant, in the playoffs, and competitive. Thats fun. Thats exciting.

There is nothing exciting about the Charlotte Bobcats.
The Spurs tanked for TD, didn't they?

It's funny watching you get so pissy over teams tanking when your franchise is one of the most infamous at it, and you know you're going to do it again when TD/Manu retire at the end of the season.

I don't want to dismiss tanking as a strategy, but I don't like it when DY holds the Cats' "future" over a lot of teams' heads as if they aren't a disgrace to the National Basketball Association, Michael Jordan, and humanity as a whole.

Plenty of teams have put themselves in advantageous situations and fucked it up. Just look at the Wolves. Other than Kevin Love, Rubio, and Derrick Williams, they've made nothing but mistakes. I hope for Rodeo's sake that the greatness of their duo, and Adelman's superior coaching can get them over the hump, but they might end up as another one of those teams that peaks in the middle. Its what you do after the tank that matters; there is no praise to be handed out just cause you lost a bunch of games and traded all your best players for peanuts.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Over/Under > Kemba's shooting tonight vs Cavs set at 37%
It's funny watching you get so pissy over teams tanking when your franchise is one of the most infamous at it, and you know you're going to do it again when TD/Manu retire at the end of the season.
His troll game fell off faster than Timmy

Canuck76

Banned
I don't have a problem with Portland-they're gonna suck, it's inevitable-my issue is with their supposed franchise guy saying that being shit is Okie-dokie.

Lamarcus has an attitude that's great, if you're the team's fourth-best player. He's supposed to be the "Guy". And he's throwing his hands up and saying, "we got no shot. SOS. Bring help." Love isn't cool with being garbage the next two years. Nor is Griffin.

FFS, Ilyasova is saying he's not focused on anything but getting into the playoffs. He might not even play in this COUNTRY next year. So why is he so much more motivated than a "Franchise" guy, when his team was (at the time) 2 and a half games closer to making the Playoffs?

Lamarcus has the heart of Lebron James, and the talent of Shareef Abdul-Rahim. Enjoy the next two years.

hahahahaha what? Let's just forget that L.M.A has had a screwed up hip for the past few weeks, so much so they might shut him down, hit a clutch jumper to beat Dallas and has still been balling hard.

Dude is basically acknowledging "yeah all this crap that's happened, out of their control, but let's give it another go." He'll do everything to get them into the playoffs next season no doubt. Will it happen? Beyond Batum and Wesley Mathews there's not a lot there. Thus the need to rebuild and establish a good C a good pg and a back up SF.

I'm fine with hating on the team but everyone here justifies that hate with sound logic.

giri

Wen did Dirk say he was OK with the Mavs being shit for a few years, and then rebuilding with those draft picks? How many years was Dallas bad? How many top Dallas draft picks were a part of that championship team?

Oh, cool. We're going to drag it off topic. Your original bitch is that LMA is fine with rebuilding rather than demanding a trade.

Dirk was also happy with this.

Show me a situation where it's worked? where the best player on a team demanded a trade pubclicly and left for another, and it worked out for him immediately?

you can't?

oh ok.

What i can do is show you numerous instances (Detroit) where players not demanding a trade but putting faith in their FO (Celtics) to make the right trades, at the right time and acquire a whole bunch of complimentary pieces (Dallas) has actually led to them getting further, more regularly successful (Spurs) than any of the demand a trade scenarios (Melo) where those players made their FO make trades to win now (LBJ) before they left (CP3), and the team turned into an absolute shit fest mis-match (Bosh), then the team they went to (Deron) was gutted and not that great after their arrival.

But no, you're right, LMA should demand a trade, it's worked out SO well.

Alrix

What i can do is show you numerous instances (Detroit) where players not demanding a trade but putting faith in their FO (Celtics) to make the right trades, at the right time and acquire a whole bunch of complimentary pieces (Dallas) has actually led to them getting further, more regularly successful (Spurs) than any of the demand a trade scenarios (Melo) where those players made their FO make trades to win now (LBJ) before they left (CP3), and the team turned into an absolute shit fest mis-match (Bosh), then the team they went to (Deron) was gutted and not that great after their arrival.

That was fun to read.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

*golfclap*

Oh, cool. We're going to drag it off topic. Your original bitch is that LMA is fine with rebuilding rather than demanding a trade.

Show me a situation where it's worked? where the best player on a team demanded a trade pubclicly and left for another, and it worked out for him immediately?

you can't?

oh ok.

giri goin' HAM

:eek:

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
you can't?

oh ok.

/nods

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's

the-rock-clapping.gif

you can't?

oh ok.

itdxXI4mdtLOJ.gif

Canuck76

Banned

you can't?

oh ok.

Well said

kobe10.gif

Switching topics a bit, one of the most interesting races left is the 7-8 in the west. All 4 possible teams have hellish schedules remaining, so it will just come down to who plays the best. Interestingly enough though, the tiebreakers are already decided so we have a pretty complete picture:

Dallas (31-26)
Tue 10 vs Kings
Thu 12 @ Golden State
Fri 13 @ Portland
Sun 15 @ L.A. Lakers
Mon 16 @ Utah
Wed 18 vs Rockets
Fri 20 vs Warriors
Sat 21 @ Chicago
Thu 26 @ Atlanta

win tiebreaker with Denver
win tiebreaker with Phoenix
win tiebreaker with Utah

Denver (31-26)
Wed 11 vs Minnesota
Fri 13 @ LA Lakers
Sun 15 vs Houston
Mon 16 @ Houston
Wed 18 vs LA Clippers
Sat 21 @ Phoenix
Sun 22 vs Orlando
Wed 25 @ Oklahoma City
Thu 26 @ Minnesota

lose tiebreaker with Dallas
win tiebreaker with Phoenix
lose tiebreaker with Utah

Phoenix (30-27)
Wed 11 @ Memphis
Fri 13 @ Houston
Sat 14 @ San Antonio
Mon 16 vs Trail Blazers
Wed 18 vs Thunder
Thu 19 vs L.A. Clippers
Sat 21 vs Nuggets
Tue 24 @ Utah
Wed 25 vs Spurs

lose tiebreaker with Denver
win tiebreaker with Utah

Utah (30-28)
Wed 11 @ Houston
Fri 13 @ New Orleans
Sat 14 @ Memphis
Mon 16 vs Mavericks
Wed 18 @ Portland
Sat 21 vs Magic
Tue 24 vs Suns
Thu 26 vs Blazers

win tiebreaker with Denver
lose tiebreaker with Phoenix

Who do you guys think will come out on top?

Jeff-DSA

I was on board with the appreciation train until someone had to bring in wrestling .gifs. The only things worse are the ponies.

SoulPlaya

more money than God

you can't?

oh ok.

That was. . . . . . . . great.

I'm glad to hear LMA is committed to the franchise and the city. We won't be dicked around by him because of catastrophic injuries to Roy and Oden. I'm ok with rebuilding is basically I understand we have to rebuild. I'm willing to tough out the losses and trust our organization.

giri is on a roll.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I was on board with the appreciation train until someone had to bring in wrestling .gifs. The only things worse are the ponies.

Why you gotta be a hater?

I like Denver and Utah to make it.

On that note looking forward to tomorrow Knicks - Bucks game. A must win game for Milwaukee who could make things some what interesting for the rights to get blown out by Chicago / Miami over in the East with a win.

KingGondo

Banned
What are you doing? Actual discussion of relevant basketball topics? Pshh.

:p

I'm not gonna get into predicting what *will* happen, but I really hope we can avoid Dallas in the first round. Don't get me wrong--I think we beat the Mavs, but they're by far the toughest team out of those 4. My order of preference for OKC's opponent in the first round:

1. Utah
2. Phoenix
3. Denver
4. Dallas

None of those teams are a threat to advance far like Memphis did last year, though.

Thinking it over, I'm pretty confident in this:

1 OKC
2 SAS
3 MEM
4 LAL
5 LAC
6 DAL
7 HOU
8 DEN?

The 8th is the toughest to choose.

Pop has maybe the most influence on the standings. Whether he decides to gun for 1st or tank the remaining games actually decides a lot. Which games he tanks if at all matter too. Its the difference between a (pretty much) guaranteed loss for some of these teams and a critical win..

giri

I'm not gonna get into predicting what *will* happen, but I really hope we can avoid Dallas in the first round. Don't get me wrong--I think we beat the Mavs, but they're by far the toughest team out of those 4. My order of preference for OKC's opponent in the first round:

1. Utah
2. Phoenix
3. Denver
4. Dallas

None of those teams are a threat to advance far like Memphis did last year, though.

if PHX beat OKC in the first round, you have to trade us durant in the off season. OK?

KingGondo

Banned
Thinking it over, I'm pretty confident in this:

1 OKC
2 SAS
3 MEM
4 LAL
5 LAC
6 DAL
7 HOU
8 DEN?
If that happens, not only will I be extremely happy (I like our chances to beat both Denver and the Lakers in 6 at most), the West semis and WCF will be amazing. Not to mention the Hallway Series first round.

giri said:
if PHX beat OKC in the first round, you have to trade us durant in the off season. OK?
And if we beat you, we get Nash for Maynor.

1. Utah
2. Phoenix
3. Denver
4. Dallas

No way. I'd rather face DEN over anybody. They have looked terrible the last few weeks. Theres no way that type of defense can win a series either..

Though there is an argument that they could possibly be better than their record with all the injuries but I doubt it. They have McGee. They can't win.

Utah is physical and I don't want injuries so I'd rather avoid them most of all. My list would be, from most wanted to least

1. DEN
2. PHX
3. DAL
4. UTAH

Isn't Houston only 1 game up of 7? it's a 6-8 battle. Houston could even drop out, but I'm not convinced that happens.

Probably something like Denver, Houston, Dallas in that order. I think Dallas hangs on, just barely. Phoenix's schedule is too tough. Utah just misses out at 9.

But really, any order wouldn't surprise me.

There's a battle for 3-4-5 too. Lakers have the upper hand with the tie breakers and a tiny cushion over Clips and Memphis. Spurs have major control over that. If they throw the 3 games versus Lakers, they can essentially give them the 3 seed. And they might want to do that since it locks them into the 2 seed, rest players, and avoid Memphis. Especially if they beat Memphis this week.

My list would be, from most wanted to least

1. DEN
2. PHX
3. DAL
4. UTAH

Where does Houston rank? they're not locked into the 6 seed at all.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
MagicInsider
Ish Smith backing up Jameer Nelson tonight even though Chris Duhon is back from one game suspension

YES! YES! YES!

ISHSANITY.

At halftime of his final game with the Dallas Mavericks Saturday night, Lamar Odom had an angry exchange with Mavericks owner Mark Cuban in the visitors' locker room in Memphis, according to sources familiar with the discussion.

Sources told ESPNDallas.com that the heated words were "the culmination" of an exasperating weekend. That convinced team officials to initiate discussions on Easter that led to the parties agreeing split for the rest of the season.

According to sources, the crux of the heated halftime confrontation was Cuban asking Odom if he was "in or out." Sources said Odom, who had played only four minutes in the first half, reacted angrily to the question and did not take his seat on the bench until after the third quarter began.

Posted?

Where does Houston rank? they're not locked into the 6 seed at all.

Dead last. They play hard. I don't like teams that play hard in the first round.

Denver will be knocked out the moment we lay our first punch. HOU not so much.

Of course I still expect us to win because none of these teams are like MEM of last year (aka the secret 3rd-4th best team in the conference, which happened to be peaking at the right time) but I'd rather not drag it out.

Oh and the DRAGON. *shiver*

KingGondo

Banned
No way. I'd rather face DEN over anybody. They have looked terrible the last few weeks. Theres no way that type of defense can win a series either..
The bottom 3 are pretty close, I just remember how tough the first-round series was against the Thuggs last year.

Like I said, none of those teams would remotely challenge us barring injury to YNB or KD.

giri said:
OK, but he's off contract so......................

(He'd replace westbrook within the first month).
Nobody thinks YNB is a real PG anymore. Not even YNB.

OKC would be guaranteed a chip with Nash getting 25-28 MPG behind/alongside YNB.

diehard

Fleer
everyone should be hoping that the Jazz miraculously make the playoffs. Not only because will they not beat your team in a series, but you get to witness that glory that playoff G-TIME will be.

everyone should be hoping that the Jazz miraculously make the playoffs. Not only because will they not beat your team in a series, but you get to witness that glory that playoff G-TIME will be.

By the way, no one (here) has been talking about it but Gordon Hayward is turning into a hell of a player.

I thought he had just been doing well in the games I had been watching, but the Jazz commentators posted up a month-by-month comparison of his numbers:

December: 9.0 pts, 2.5 rebs, 4.0 asts
January: 8.9 pts, 3.3 rebs, 3.1 asts
February: 10.3 pts, 2.3 rebs, 2.8 asts
March: 13.2 pts, 4.6 rebs, 3.0 asts
April: 16.4 pts, 5.2 rebs, 2.6 asts

Impressive stuff.

Top Bottom