• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

The Knicks were such a special case, though. They signed bad deals, traded for guys like Steve Francis, and also gave away their picks. It was a very specific kind of hell.

You couldn't plan mediocrity better than The Knicks. Funny enough that the moves everyone thought would propel them (Melo, Amare) may actually just continue the status quo.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
You couldn't plan mediocrity better than The Knicks. Funny enough that the moves everyone thought would propel them (Melo, Amare) may actually just continue the status quo.

But at least they aren't paying like $30M in luxury tax these days. Silver linings.

charsace

Oh please god baby jesus make it stop. Knicks are not in a bad situation right now no matter how hard you want it to be one. We have one of the best front courts in the league and that will be the case for at least another 2 seasons. Just because the team didn't run away with the division immediately doesn't mean we're in trouble.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Legit question to Bulls fans, is their front office crazy/crazy cheap? Why haven't they extended Thib when he's done an amazing job with the injury plagued roster he has had two years in a row? Hell I'd say he was a better MVP candidate than Rose last year.

Stolen from NBA Weekend Dime

http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/...d-dime-latest-word-big-nba-coaching-decisions

What are they going to do fire him if the heat beat them again? Do what hire another coach that will lead them to the 4-5 seed instead?
Bulls have a policy of not extending coaches in the middle of a season. Despite that, yes, they're cheap. They have been the most profitable NBA franchise over the past decade, mainly due to spending less than Lakers/Knicks.

Oh please god baby jesus make it stop. Knicks are not in a bad situation right now no matter how hard you want it to be one. We have one of the best front courts in the league and that will be the case for at least another 2 seasons. Just because the team didn't run away with the division immediately doesn't mean we're in trouble.

Your team is worse than the Houston Rockets and their players have more upside.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

One of the best frontcourts in the league*

*on paper

Emwitus

Division? 100 million dollar contract was signed just to run away with a division title? Melo / amare. Combo had higher expectations man.

Next year Lin and Fields will start getting paid or be let go. Amare will still be struggling with injuries and Melo will still be overpaid.

Their ceiling is still 3rd best in the east after gutting their roster and making it rain on two proven losers. If they're lucky Orlando loses Dwight or regresses and they can get that 3rd seed.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes

Your front-court isn't even Raptors-Good.

Next year Lin and Fields will start getting paid or be let go. Amare will still be struggling with injuries and Melo will still be overpaid.

Their ceiling is still 3rd best in the east after gutting their roster and making it rain on two proven losers. If they're lucky Orlando loses Dwight or regresses and they can get that 3rd seed.

If we lose lin it doesn't really matter,they will go after another pg. Also i see you are still jealous and hating on Carmelo. WCF 09 baby.

I'm still not convinced that OKC is the best team in the league like a lot of people are saying. If Durant or Westbrook have a bad game then it's a guaranteed loss.

If we lose lin it doesn't really matter,they will go after another pg. Also i see you are still jealous and hating on Carmelo. WCF 09 baby.

Go get what PG? with what assets or what cap room or what draft picks? The way Dolan designed trades (packaged with young players and picks) and contracts (making it rain) it's like he wants the team to be in situations where it is almost impossible to improve.

Why would I be mad at melo for being melo and helping Kobe get his 4th?

I'm still not convinced that OKC is the best team in the league like a lot of people are saying. If Durant or Westbrook have a bad game then it's a guaranteed loss.

1. They've won plenty of games where Durant or Westbrook have had a bad game. Harden can pick up scoring slack if it's needed.
2. You can say this about nearly every team in the NBA. Teams lose when their stars play badly generally...

No.

someone reup that Westbrook holstering his guns gif.

west.gif

charsace

You guys are really overreacting. Since Tony Douglass has been taken out of the regular rotation the knicks have gone 19-11. Since Douglass has been out of the rotation the team has moved up from last in offensive rating to 22. And the defense has gone from like 10 to 4th in defensive rating.

This has been done with the team being hit with a lot of injuries. Chandler is playing hurt. Melo is playing with a sprained wrist, sprained finger on his shooting hand and a groin injury. Lin and Amare are out and were both playing hurt when they were playing. Shumpert hurt the knee that he had acl surgery on at the start of the season so he's been playing hurt. Jefferies is out right now too.

And we fired the head coach and changed a lot of the staff. And this team is still in the playoffs. The talent hasn't had a chance to gel on the knicks yet and the team is still in the playoff hunt. If we only have half the problems next season that we had in this one the team will get into the playoffs next year comfortably.

If the knicks wanted to rebuild they could have traded Chandler and Amare for Dwight in the first few weeks of the season. Orlando was interested in it.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

They aren't the best team in the league.

I still wouldn't put them definitively past Memphis or San Antonio in a 7 game series.

You guys are really overreacting. Since Tony Douglass has been taken out of the regular rotation the knicks have gone 19-11. Since Douglass has been out of the rotation the team has moved up from last in offensive rating to 22. And the defense has gone from like 10 to 4th in defensive rating.

This has been done with the team being hit with a lot of injuries. Chandler is playing hurt. Melo is playing with a sprained wrist, sprained finger on his shooting hand and a groin injury. Lin and Amare are out and were both playing hurt when they were playing. Shumpert hurt the knee that he had acl surgery on at the start of the season so he's been playing hurt. Jefferies is out right now too.

And we fired the head coach and changed a lot of the staff. And this team is still in the playoffs. The talent hasn't had a chance to gel on the knicks yet and the team is still in the playoff hunt. If we only have half the problems next season that we had in this one the team will get into the playoffs next year comfortably.

Top 3 in the East ceiling isn't overreacting. The difficulty between getting into the playoffs in the east and being ahead of Miami or Chicago is the difference between Sterling getting laid based on his charm and personality or his checkbook. Knicks will have to settle for having to call girls honey. I seriously doubt Knicks make it to the ECF ever while James/Wade/Rose are still suiting up.

KingGondo

Banned

What should scare teams is that KD and YNB are getting much better at getting guys like Perkins and Ibaka easy buckets. The team's interior passing has improved immensely over the last couple of weeks.

Both Memphis and San Antonio scare me, but they're beatable with HCA.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Portland is 5-5 since the trade deadline. I'm popping bottles.

charsace

Top 3 in the East ceiling isn't overreacting. The difficulty between getting into the playoffs in the east and being ahead of Miami or Chicago is the difference between Sterling getting laid based on his charm and personality or his checkbook. Knicks will have to settle for having to call girls honey. I seriously doubt Knicks make it to the ECF ever while James/Wade/Rose are still suiting up.

So you're just going to keep on blowing out hot air then? Where is the evidence to back up what you're saying? The east is tougher than the west guy.

exarkun

Your team is worse than the Houston Rockets and their players have more upside.

My auto search for the term "rockets"* lead me to this post. You are correct sir. We're better than most of the Beastern Conference. But then again, so are the Timberwolves without Rubio.

*The team Houston Rockets. Not the explosive type of rocket. Clarification for FBI purposes only.

Kind of true for most contenders in the playoffs. Pau having bad games (last playoffs). bron having bad games (finals), Rose/dwight for their teams.

If your top 2 or 3 players have a bad game, it will be tough to win, regardless.

The east is tougher than the west guy.

BlakeShock.gif

So you're just going to keep on blowing out hot air then? Where is the evidence to back up what you're saying? The east is tougher than the west guy.

What hot air?
-Amare is overpaid and injury prone
-Melo is an offensive dynamo (while not in a Knicks jersey) and hates playing defense.
-Both guys will be making more money next year than this year.
-Knicks have limited cap room and no picks.
-Chandler has battled injury his entire career

Iman is becoming a solid player, but Fields has always been an overrated role player and The Knicks may only have 1 pg next year.

Things aren't going to get better than 3rd seed in the east. And since when is the east tougher than the west? The Suns would be a half game behind the Knicks and are currently 10th out West. In fact I would argue they would be ahead of the knicks due to having an easier schedule filled with Wiz/Cats/Raps/Cavs/Nets/Pistons.

The hell?

exarkun

are people just ignoring the fact that mamba clearly meant to use a different image and that the troll face has a sign imprinted on it? Or am i going crazy.

1. They've won plenty of games where Durant or Westbrook have had a bad game. Harden can pick up scoring slack if it's needed.
2. You can say this about nearly every team in the NBA. Teams lose when their stars play badly generally...

Not like OKC, no. Remember last year's playoffs and how Westbrook tried to take over the team and shit the bed against the Mavs? Meanwhile, Durant was reduced to chucking threes way behind the arc. They should have traded Westbrook for pieces a long, long time ago.

Top Bottom