• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

Vyer

Kyle Lowry got injured March 8. Goran Dragic has been the starter in the 13 games since. His numbers during that stretch:

18.5 ppg
8.8 apg

He shoots 52% as a starter this year. goransanity

giri

Kyle Lowry got injured March 8. Goran Dragic has been the starter in the 13 games since. His numbers during that stretch:

18.5 ppg
8.8 apg

He shoots 52% as a starter this year. goransanity

I miss dragic.

Such a good player.

And we got Aaron Brooks instead.

Bah.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Hey guys no reason to worry, the Knicks are great and an NBA title is clearly in close proximity.

I mean, if you don't see the OBVIOUS signs, you're all dumb.

charsace

What hot air?
-Amare is overpaid and injury prone
-Melo is an offensive dynamo (while not in a Knicks jersey) and hates playing defense.
-Both guys will be making more money next year than this year.
-Knicks have limited cap room and no picks.
-Chandler has battled injury his entire career

Iman is becoming a solid player, but Fields has always been an overrated role player and The Knicks may only have 1 pg next year.

Things aren't going to get better than 3rd seed in the east. And since when is the east tougher than the west? The Suns would be a half game behind the Knicks and are currently 10th out West. In fact I would argue they would be ahead of the knicks due to having an easier schedule filled with Wiz/Cats/Raps/Cavs/Nets/Pistons.

The hell?

Are you talking about the same Suns that are only 10-8 against the east this year? That lost the games they played against the Raptors and the Cavs? Really?

Hey guys no reason to worry, the Knicks are great and an NBA title is clearly in close proximity.

I mean, if you don't see the OBVIOUS signs, you're all dumb.
Who said anything about winning the title? I'm just saying that you would be lying if you don't think the knicks have the talent to be a competitor at some point. The knicks frontcourt is too talented to not be a high seed at some point.

exarkun

i think the spurs roll over everyone in the west except maybe the rockets and okc. Those two teams have given them trouble in the regular season (and we own the series) but they won't make it to 7 games. They are that good this year. TD has been unbelievably efficient with the minutes he has. And Gibaldi is back.

I can't even tell how they are winning anymore. I watch their games and I'm like "how did they just go on a run so quickly" and they just recently disposed of supposedly good eastern teams like it was nothing.

Scary shit.

giri

When is he finally coming back? Aren't the CBA finals done?

CBA finals were 3 days or so ago.

I don't know.

I'm not sure i want him back.

It means the suns announce the travesty of a contract that they'll offer him.

He lost to Marbury.

God damnit.

giri

i think the spurs roll over everyone in the west except maybe the rockets and okc. Those two teams have given them trouble in the regular season (and we own the series) but they won't make it to 7 games. They are that good this year. TD has been unbelievably efficient with the minutes he has. And Gibaldi is back.

I can't even tell how they are winning anymore. I watch their games and I'm like "how did they just go on a run so quickly" and they just recently disposed of supposedly good eastern teams like it was nothing.

Scary shit.

Tony parker is playing amazing this year.

Also, the spurs have won like 9 of the last 10 against OKC, i think the spurs come close to sweeping that series.

Mothman91

CBA finals were 3 days or so ago.

I don't know.

I'm not sure i want him back.

It means the suns announce the travesty of a contract that they'll offer him.

He lost to Marbury.

God damnit.

Lol, with Nash leaving next year...you guys will give him a hefty contract!

giri

Lol, with Nash leaving next year...you guys will give him a hefty contract!

They very likely could, yes.

It will be an amazing disaster.

And with out nash to spoon feed him gortat will be a 10&10 player, not a 17 & 10.

It will be horrible.

Jeff-DSA

The Jazz are going to shock the Thunder in the first round. Then we'll all laugh and point at Westbrook for a few days before the Jazz get hammered in the second round.

charsace

You don't have to back up a thing.

If you think the East is better than the West, you're a ______.

I know the west is better than the east. If you take a look at the team records you can figure this out with some elementary math.

I still think the knicks would beat the 3-8 seeds in the west in a series. None of those teams are anywhere near as good as past 3-8 seeds that I've seen in the west.

Dallas is mediocre beyond having a great player in dirk. They're gonna have a GS 2.0 happen where no one helps Dirk.
Clippers are bitch made and will fold. No defense to fall back on which you need in the playoffs.
Memphis's offense doesn't scare anyone.
Denver is still young, downgraded with their trades and are still building. Javale is a terrible defensive player.
Houston's frontcourt can't stop any other team's frontcourt.

Are you talking about the same Suns that are only 10-8 against the east this year? That lost the games they played against the Raptors and the Cavs? Really?

Who said anything about winning the title? I'm just saying that you would be lying if you don't think the knicks have the talent to be a competitor at some point. The knicks frontcourt is too talented to not be a high seed at some point.

2 games above .500 is better than the knicks overall record.... Suns are also 16-18 against the west.

Knicks are 20-16 against the east... meaning they're 7-10 against the west.

I believe all those figures back up the east being the easier of the two conferences.

Picking and choosing losses is meaningless, CHI lost to The Warriors and OKC lost to The Wiz and The Cavs.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

Scary shit.
They don't even need everything to go right (or even come close) in order to win.

They've got some trouble inside, but I think they've got a shot as long as they avoid Memphis.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I know the west is better than the east. If you take a look at the team records you can figure this out with some elementary math.

I still think the knicks would beat the 3-8 seeds in the west in a series. None of those teams are anywhere near as good as past 3-8 seeds that I've seen in the west.

Dallas is mediocre beyond having a great player in dirk. They're gonna have a GS 2.0 happen where no one helps Dirk.
Clippers are bitch made and will fold. No defense to fall back on which you need in the playoffs.
Denver is still young, downgraded with their trades and are still building. Javale is a terrible defensive player.

And the East have 2 good teams.

charsace

2 games above .500 is better than the knicks overall record.... Suns are also 16-18 against the west.

Knicks are 20-16 against the east... meaning they're 7-10 against the west.

I believe all those figures back up the east being the easier of the two conferences.

Picking and choosing losses is meaningless, CHI lost to The Warriors and OKC lost to The Wiz and The Cavs.

Where did I say that the knicks would be better in the West? Oh, right, I never said that. However, you did claim the suns would do better in the east. Based on a 10-8 record against the east.

And the East have 2 good teams.
The teams in the east have better defensive frontcourts.

Pacers
Boston
Indiana
Philly
Atlanta
Knicks

All these teams have better frontcourt defense than the teams that are 3-8 in the west. Memphis being the only exception.

giri

Lol, memphis is a team built for the play offs. The only thing holding them back is how fit z-bo is.
The east, out side the top 2, are still a joke conference.

Where did I say that the knicks would be better in the West? Oh, right, I never said that. However, you did claim the suns would do better in the east. Based on a 10-8 record against the east.

Do you disagree? Does the fact that the Suns have a better record against east teams means nothing to you?

charsace

Lol, memphis is a team built for the play offs. The only thing holding them back is how fit z-bo is.
The east, out side the top 2, are still a joke conference.

Memphis is built like most of the teams in the East are built; to win playoff series. Good, tough defensive frontcourt with physical, athletic perimeter players. No shit they are built for the playoffs.

Do you disagree? Does the fact that the Suns have a better record against east teams means nothing to you?
10-8 record. That is a real dominant record. They scared now in east. Dat 10-8.

The Sixers have a defensive frontcourt?

when the fuck did this happen?

Brand is a corpse that occasionally get reanimated, and Beard-Less Hawes is a pussy.

Thad Young isn't even a big man and he's our backup 4.

Is this bizzaro world?

The difference between the two conferences aren't as big this year but...c'mon.

Jeff-DSA

that nintendo underpowered thread is delicious.
moar

It's funny because it's obviously false, even without the finished specs having been announced. People are up in arms over a sketchy report with no real sources named when other developers have gone on the record to say the contrary. Now all that it's lacking is some jack off like [oh wait we can't name names] to go in and claim that the new iPad will be more powerful.

Funny you would say that considering The Knicks are a combined 2-6 against those teams.

charsace

The Sixers have a defensive frontcourt?

when the fuck did this happen?

Brand is a corpse that occasionally get reanimated, and Beard-Less Hawes is a pussy.

Thad Young isn't even a big man and he's our backup 4.

Is this bizzaro world?

The difference between the two conferences aren't as big this year but...c'mon.

8 of the top 10 defensive teams are in the east. Philly is number one. If Philly had a volume scorer they would be much better than the 30 wins they have now.

It's funny because it's obviously false, even without the finished specs having been announced. People are up in arms over a sketchy report with no real sources named when other developers have gone on the record to say the contrary. Now all that it's lacking is some jack off like [oh wait we can't name names] to go in and claim that the new iPad will be more powerful.

historically, nintendo goes out of there way to shave off production cost.
so i can definitely see them doing this and wii-U being in the same league as a ps3.

linsivvi

So let me get this straight: The west is better than the east, and yet the #8 seed of the east can beat the 3-8 seeds of the west? And your justification is a bunch of silly and baseless rhetoric?

I am pretty sure we can use "mediocre", "bitch made", "doesn't scare anyone", "still young", "terrible defensive player" and "front court can't stop any other team's front court" to describe the Knicks.

Funny you would say that considering The Knicks are a combined 2-6 against those teams.

The Knicks would beat them because they are a combination of all those elements!

giri

Memphis is built like most of the teams in the East are built; to win playoff series. Good, tough defensive frontcourt with physical, athletic perimeter players. No shit they are built for the playoffs.

hahahahhahaha

good one.

Do you not realize that the suns record would be good enough to bump the knicks out of the playoffs?

.555 > .444 and like I said earlier if you swapped out all the games The Suns palyed against west playoff teams and also-rans with their eastern counterparts their record would jump up. they'd probably be the 7 seed in the east.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
historically, nintendo goes out of there way to shave off production cost.
so i can definitely see them doing this and wii-U being in the same league as a ps3.
I don't get the controversy. I thought we knew since day one that it would be in the same league as 360/PS3. Yes, maybe a bit more powerful, but certainly not a generational leap over them. When did people start pushing it as being on the same level as PS4/720?

Tom Penny

Now you have to settle for getting knocked out of the 1st round in 5 games. It's sucks being in the wrong conference.

giri

4 of the last 5 NBA chips have been won by the West.

7 of the last 10 have been won by the west

10 of the last 13 have been won by the west.

But the east build teams for the play offs!

hahahhaha.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
4 of the last 5 NBA chips have been won by the West.

7 of the last 10 have been won by the west

10 of the last 13 have been won by the west.

But the east build teams for the play offs!

hahahhaha.

If Kobe played in the east and Lebron played in the west then those numbers would be reversed.

I don't get the controversy. I thought we knew since day one that it would be in the same league as 360/PS3. Yes, maybe a bit more powerful, but certainly not a generational leap over them. When did people start pushing it as being on the same level as PS4/720?
No one has. It should be midway between.

darkside, do you mean if the Lakers were in the east? I don't think Kobe is winning a chip without a great frontcourt player.

Top Bottom