• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

Was this posted yet?

http://www.latimes.com/sports/laker...s-racking-up-assists-20120331,0,4208228.story

A reporter asked Bynum what Kobe Bryant was like during timeouts after missing his first 15 shots. Bynum said, "I don't know. I don't take part in the huddle." Of course, Bynum earned criticism earlier this week when he didn't join team huddles during his benching Tuesday against Golden State. But he had a simpler explanation: "I'm resting … getting my Zen on," in reference to the Buddhist philosophy former coach Phil Jackson often preached.

oh my

h3ro

I foresee "getting my zen on" getting use in here.

For example:

"eh, she was only a 8.75 on the game informer scale so Dy cut her lose and got his zen on with some Madmen re-runs"

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I foresee "getting my zen on" getting use in here.

For example:

"eh, she was only a 6.75 on the game informer scale so Dy cut her lose after one night and got his zen on with some Toonami re-runs"

Fixed for reality.

h3ro

Fixed for reality.

QKWA5.jpg

LuchaShaq

Banned
Legit question to Bulls fans, is their front office crazy/crazy cheap? Why haven't they extended Thib when he's done an amazing job with the injury plagued roster he has had two years in a row? Hell I'd say he was a better MVP candidate than Rose last year.

Stolen from NBA Weekend Dime

o coach in NBA history has notched 100 regular-season wins faster than the Bulls' Tom Thibodeau, who recently reached that milestone in his 130th career game, bumping Avery Johnson (131) out of the top spot and nudging Red Auerbach (135) down to No. 3.

Thibodeau, though, is still waiting to receive a contract extension from the Bulls.

That doesn't mean he's leaving Chicago. The Bulls hold an option on Thibodeau for next season and will certainly exercise it eventually after all the winning they've enjoyed this season and last season, despite countless injuries to Derrick Rose and other front-liners. Bulls chairman Jerry Reinsdorf told the Chicago Tribune's K.C. Johnson in February that "we certainly hope and expect that Tom will be with the Bulls well beyond his current contract."

Nevertheless ...

Thibodeau associates privately insist that the NBA's reigning Coach of the Year is dismayed that he hasn't been offered a more lucrative extension after signing a modest two-year contract with a team option when he joined the Bulls. Sources close to the situation say, furthermore, that his displeasure with the situation is an open secret in team circles. Although the uncertainty about his future hasn't had any discernible impact on Thibodeau's famed game-night intensity, it's a development that has to be monitored.

Extending Thibodeau sooner rather than later would figure to be a smart move from Reinsdorf, since the coach's value presumably can only spike if Chicago overcomes its injury woes to win a championship this season. But Bulls historians would note that Phil Jackson and Scott Skiles likewise had to battle Reinsdorf before extracting a representative salary from the boss.

http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/...d-dime-latest-word-big-nba-coaching-decisions

What are they going to do fire him if the heat beat them again? Do what hire another coach that will lead them to the 4-5 seed instead?

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Legit question to Bulls fans, is their front office crazy/crazy cheap? Why haven't they extended Thib when he's done an amazing job with the injury plagued roster he has had two years in a row? Hell I'd say he was a better MVP candidate than Rose last year.

Stolen from NBA Weekend Dime

http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/...d-dime-latest-word-big-nba-coaching-decisions

What are they going to do fire him if the heat beat them again? Do what hire another coach that will lead them to the 4-5 seed instead?

Yes, they're cheap as hell. We've been profitable even through the non-jordan years, and they still, to this year, avoided Lux tax. They're finally going to enter Lux Tax next year, but that's due to necessity of extending Rose and Noah. Thibs will definitely get his option picked up and a new contract, though. They're cheap, but they're not idiots. This is why he's not worried about his contract.

Still salty about yesterday's game. These motherfuckers just don't give a fuck. Championship teams don't get blown the fuck out by a team that's barely above .500 :(

Probably not an BestGAF member, they're too busy telling everybody about how Apple will ruin the video game market for everybody but Apple.

*Jazz Hands*

Still salty about yesterday's game. These motherfuckers just don't give a fuck. Championship teams don't get blown the fuck out by a team that's barely above .500 :(

Brosef. The Heat will be ok. It's just the regular season. They'll turn it on when it matters.

What's the point of rebranding right now?

No, he's right. Especially if they get the number one draft pick. Rebranding and owning the number one pick for the first time might rally some support and excitement.

The Bobcats name was born out of ego (the team was named after Bob Johnson and he's not even there anymore). The color scheme is terrible (traffic cone orange and a weird blue). The court itself looks pretty bad. So I agree with him.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
No, he's right. Especially if they get the number one draft pick. Rebranding and owning the number one pick for the first time might rally some support and excitement.

The Bobcats name was born out of ego (the team was named after Bob Johnson and he's not even there anymore). The color scheme is terrible (traffic cone orange and a weird blue). The court itself looks pretty bad. So I agree with him.

I agree too - but we'll suck for the next two years at least.

No point in doing it now.

h3ro

So is Cho the tanking expert? If so, why does portland still suck? Shouldn't they be done tanking?
Portland's troubles are because of cartilage.

Then again, medical background checks prior to the draft and going against the prevailing opinion on then could be blamed on Cho, I guess.

reilo

So is Cho the tanking expert? If so, why does portland still suck? Shouldn't they be done tanking?

Cho wanted Portland to rebuild last year. Like a complete teardown what you see in Charlotte. Get rid of Aldridge, Batum, Mathews, everyone. He was really high on Bismoyo, too.

But Portland will most likely have two top-10 picks, an all-star power-forward, an up-and-coming talent in Batum, and like $25mil in capspace. I much prefer this version of rebuild than what Cho had in mind -- which is what you are seeing in Charlotte and a complete clusterfuck at this point.

Cho wanted Portland to rebuild last year. Like a complete teardown what you see in Charlotte. Get rid of Aldridge, Batum, Mathews, everyone. He was really high on Bismoyo, too.

But Portland will most likely have two top-10 picks, an all-star power-forward, an up-and-coming talent in Batum, and like $25mil in capspace. I much prefer this version of rebuild than what Cho had in mind -- which is what you are seeing in Charlotte and a complete clusterfuck at this point.

Batum is completely and utterly overvalued. It's amazing that they refused to part with him and it could have landed them a talented player.

reilo

Batum is completely and utterly overvalued. It's amazing that they refused to part with him and it could have landed them a talented player.

Who's overvaluing him? He's a 14/5/45%/40%/85%/30MPG player that plays solid defense at a stacked position. As a full-on starter he's even better. He makes $2mil/yr. How is he overvalued? And what could they have gotten for him?

Vahagn

There's something about the stat revolution guys who are trying to prove how badass they are by going against conventional wisdom to make a point.

A "we're smart and understand basketball better than you" point which annoys me. Lakers never intentionally tanked just to get picks...SA tanked one season then went full board after that once they got Timmy and it worked out just fine. I'm not bashin the Thunder model because Lord knows it worked...but tanking for 2-3 years after you have a player of Durant caliber doesn't seem like the typebof strategy everyone should employ.

Also, knowing 3-4 10's doesn't mean I dated or slept with all 4 of them. It just means I know them as friends. I live in LA....there's a fair amount of 10's here imo

thekad

Banned
There's something about the stat revolution guys who are trying to prove how badass they are by going against conventional wisdom to make a point.

A "we're smart and understand basketball better than you" point which annoys me. Lakers never intentionally tanked just to get picks

Yeah, why can't the Bobcats just be like the Los Angeles Lakers.

DY_nasty

It doesn't even need to be a Durant. I think thats what has people thrown off.
Portland's troubles are because of cartilage.

Then again, medical background checks prior to the draft and going against the prevailing opinion on then could be blamed on Cho, I guess.
Injuries ruined Portland but OKC is working out great.

Its still a plan though. Compared to what NJ, SAC, WAS, and DET are doing... I'm more than content. Drop baggage, clean house, tank hard.

thekad

Banned
Washington will be alright. They've got their "star" in Wall. Have a great shot at Anthony Davis. Nene will be able to be moved before they have to extend their rookie contracts.

I'd rather be Washington than Charlotte.

DY_nasty

Washington will be alright. They've got their "star" in Wall. Have a great shot at Anthony Davis. Nene will be able to be moved before they have to extend their rookie contracts.

I'd rather be Washington than Charlotte.
Washington kinda ran in circles.

Charlotte has only been dedicated to tanking THIS season. Last year was just the blow up.

rage1973

Key to a good tanking strategy is to extend your tanking to one more season after you draft your franchise player to round out your roster. Cleveland should have emptied their roster and extended their tanking to 2004 so they could have picked up a solid number two after lebron. Same with Orlando after they drafted Howard.

Its still a plan though. Compared to what NJ, SAC, WAS, and DET are doing... I'm more than content. Drop baggage, clean house, tank hard.

Detroit's issue wasn't cleaning house though. Their issue is investing in shitty free agents. Summer of 09 they had over $20 mil in cap space and they used it to sign Charlie Villanueva (lulz) and Ben Gordon (lol) long term. Now most of their cap space is tied into those two.

As a result, they are stuck hoping that decent players drop to them in that 7/8 spot in the draft. Poor free agency choices can destroy franchises by limiting flexibility(see Eddy Curry/Knicks).

Top Bottom