• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

There was also a put back by Pau that "technically" was a goal tending because it was "inside the cylinder."

Regardless, I will take this win because no matter how I look at it, Dallas should've killed the Lakers. It certainly looked like it the first half.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
God these last 4 wins have been so much fucking fun. The most fun I've had as a Laker fan all year.

I am terrified as fuck at the thought of us regressing when Kobe gets back though. I doubt it will happen, but it's not implausible.

I definitely want the Mavs in the first round too. We need that revengeance before we're knocked out! I'll take that playoff moral victory with my head held high.

God these last 4 wins have been so much fucking fun. The most fun I've had as a Laker fan all year.

I am terrified as fuck at the thought of us regressing when Kobe gets back though. I doubt it will happen, but it's not implausible.

I definitely want the Mavs in the first round too. We need that revengeance before we're knocked out! I'll take that playoff moral victory with my head held high.

Kobe has always played more team ball in the playoffs (sans '04 finals) so I'm not worried about it. If anything, he will feel more confident in his team, especially at the end. I'm hoping he approaches this time off the same way he did in '01.

And i haven't even seen Friday

untitled-12r2j07.gif

Kobe has always played more team ball in the playoffs (sans '04 finals) so I'm not worried about it. If anything, he will feel more confident in his team, especially at the end. I'm hoping he approaches this time off the same way he did in '01.

In 2001, he had God Tier Shaq and a team of veterans that came one L short of sweeping the entire playoffs.

A lot easier to trust when you have shit like that at your disposal.

In 2001, he had God Tier Shaq and a team of veterans that came one L short of sweeping the entire playoffs.

A lot easier to trust when you have shit like that at your disposal.

Yes, but in that season he started to play really selfishly, trying to get his own stats. Team got frustrated, he got hurt sat out like 13 games. Watched the team play without him and saw stuff, came back in and the team went ballistic.

That was also Kobe's greatest run of his career (including the '06 season). Until the Finals, where they just milked Shaq against Philly, Kobe was completely unguardable in every way. Picked every team apart, including a historically great San Antonio defense.

Obviously, Kobe can't do that anymore, but he showed trust in guys like Horry and Fish that season, why not now? Come in, play more of a team game, trust the talent around him (Kobe has more top end talent now than in '01), and win that way.

Replace Stevenson with some equivalent PF like Matt Bonner or something. You think that team wins a title? Your closing in lineup in games is probably going to be

Kidd
Terry
Kobe
Marion
Chandler

Prime Kobe? With the way Kidd, Marion, and Chandler played D last season? Adding in Prime Kobe on D? That D would be awesome.

But replacing a team built around a PF with a SG is a hard comparison. Especially since Dirk was their only PF worth anything.

Celtics doing their best to monkey wrench the Bob Kittens tank job.

They have like a 4 game cushion, I think they're okay.

Kobe is likely back for the in 5A5 or OKC game, methinks.

They likely go against 5A5 @ home and at GSW without him.

Luckily though, the Lakers are done with B2Bs after those games.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
From the commercials i've watched nothing has been funny.

If i want to watch someone scream DAMNNN while observing a beautiful woman i'll watch Friday.

And i haven't even seen Friday
its okay.

i only saw friday after next

Doc sat the big 3 and decided to play rondo 24 1st half minutes to start the 3rd game of a back to back to back SMH.

really? lol.

I meant a 4 game cushion for Bobcats, btw, if that wasn't clear.

its okay.

i only saw friday after next

thiscannotbereal

Kobe is likely back for the in 5A5 or OKC game, methinks.

They likely go against 5A5 @ home and at GSW without him.

Luckily though, the Lakers are done with B2Bs after those games.
Tueday is the Spurs 2nd game in a b2b2b. Pop might tank that one.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Man, If we had 2011 lamar with our team playing like this......
You mean that one guy who beasts in the reg season and then only shows up against the Jazz and almost no one else, save for a game or two here and there?

I was done with him once he beasted last season and the moment the playoffs started he regressed pretty much immediately. I was so tired of that bullshit.

He was a god send when Bynum's knees were fucked, but aside from that I don't miss him at all going into the playoffs. Not a bit...

DY_nasty

Hey look everybody!

I was right about Avery Bradley being a better player than John Wall after all!

:D

DY_nasty

I don't know what's worse. Toronto's failed tank or Atlanta's inability to beat the only team to lose to the Bobcats twice.

edit: mah gawd da mafia

Brinbe

Fuck you, Atlanta... fuck you, so much.

And this is with shutting down Bargs/Jose and getting the likes of freaking Alan Anderson and Ben Uzoh out there. What the hell else can we do? =(

T Dollarz

Yes, but in that season he started to play really selfishly, trying to get his own stats. Team got frustrated, he got hurt sat out like 13 games. Watched the team play without him and saw stuff, came back in and the team went ballistic.

That was also Kobe's greatest run of his career (including the '06 season). Until the Finals, where they just milked Shaq against Philly, Kobe was completely unguardable in every way. Picked every team apart, including a historically great San Antonio defense.

Obviously, Kobe can't do that anymore, but he showed trust in guys like Horry and Fish that season, why not now? Come in, play more of a team game, trust the talent around him (Kobe has more top end talent now than in '01), and win that way.

I can't be the only one who likes the current Lakers squad more than their past two championship teams. I mean, yeah, fuck Mike Brown. And yeah, fuck their bench. But once the playoffs start, the bench is going to become less of a factor. Their starting lineup is just so good. I really, REALLY hope the Lakers come to their senses in the playoffs and utilize Bynum to the fullest. I expect him to take off during these playoffs and go on a tear. I almost with the Lakers had traded Gasol for a few more role players, because I think the veteran Kobe + rising Bynum dynamic is a good enough core to win. Gasol shouldn't be stealing Bynum's touches in the post. You've got to feed the beast.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I can't be the only one who likes the current Lakers squad more than their past two championship teams. I mean, yeah, fuck Mike Brown. And yeah, fuck their bench. But once the playoffs start, the bench is going to become less of a factor. Their starting lineup is just so good. I really, REALLY hope the Lakers come to their senses in the playoffs and utilize Bynum to the fullest. I expect him to take off during these playoffs and go on a tear. I almost with the Lakers had traded Gasol for a few more role players, because I think the veteran Kobe + rising Bynum dynamic is a good enough core to win. Gasol shouldn't be stealing Bynum's touches in the post. You've got to feed the beast.

what stage is this again?

Top Bottom