• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

Lol I can't believe the Suns are in the 8th spot right now, regardless of how high their SoS is about to get, I'm surprised they stayed in it this long.

I believe we can make the Finals if we avoid OKC. If Chicago or Boston knocks out the Heat, we can win the title

You're funny.

Tell me the route the Lakers take to get out the West this year.

And as far as the Finals goes? Chicago? LOL

Lucas would drop 20 on Blake in the closeout game.

Lakers have a tough schedule, though home heavy. Gotta beat one of OKC and Spurs (preferably 2 of em). GSW should be a tank for them.

The Sac game will be the last game there....again. Gonna be tough.

And as far as the Finals goes? Chicago? LOL

Lucas would drop 20 on Blake in the closeout game.

Honestly, I think Lakers would beat Chicago quite handily. Pau shits on Boozer. It's the law.

Of all the teams out East, they scare me the least in a matchup with Lakers. Lakers probably lose to Heat. Boston would be a dog fight.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Oh great, the Spurs will have more fire power this time and their core didn't have to play worth a fuck today. Thanks for that by the way Golden State. No really, bang up fucking job.

I swear to Christ man.. if these tanking teams try desperately to get a W against us I'm going to fucking rage... and you just know it's going to happen.

Emwitus

Muhahahaha.

5pur5 tank from the other night got you gassed up.

And LOL @ you overlooking the Grizzlies.

The lakers hit like every three available and bynum had 30 rebounds. How is that a give away? They got their bums handed to them. And it's pretty much why it will never happen again.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
I do not fear anyone in the West but OKC
If you're not afraid of the Grizz kids... then I don't even know what to say to you.

The only legit contending teams I'm not terrified of are the Spurs(they were clicking and had the 1 seed last year too.. how that turn out again, I forget?) and Chicago. I don't want any part of any other legit contenders honestly...

Branduil

Grizzlies are a terrible matchup for the Lakers, or anyone really. But they have the size to beat the Lakers in the frontcourt and a perimeter defender who can guard Kobe one-on-one.

Emwitus

Oh great, the Spurs will have more fire power this time and their core didn't have to play worth a fuck today. Thanks for that by the way Golden State. No really, bang up fucking job.

I swear to Christ man.. if these tanking teams try desperately to get a W against us I'm going to fucking rage... and you just know it's going to happen.

Always happens against LA.

Lakers have a tough schedule, though home heavy. Gotta beat one of OKC and Spurs (preferably 2 of em). GSW should be a tank for them.

The Sac game will be the last game there....again. Gonna be tough.

No it won't.

The deadline for change of venue filing expired on March 1st, iirc.

Honestly, I think Lakers would beat Chicago quite handily. Pau shits on Boozer. It's the law.

After last year, nothing is a guarantee.

Of all the teams out East, they scare me the least in a matchup with Lakers.

They play insane defense (which keeps them in most games) and they have an insane home court. Kobe might be motivated to beat the team that Mike built but, I don't know.

Lakers probably lose to Heat.

Probably?!?!?!

Boston would be a dog fight.

That's not how you spell 'bar fight'.

T Dollarz

Of all the teams out East, they scare me the least in a matchup with Lakers. Lakers probably lose to Heat. Boston would be a dog fight.

I have to say, one more Boston-LAL finals would be pretty sweet.

Darkman M

Grizzlies are a terrible matchup for the Lakers, or anyone really. But they have the size to beat the Lakers in the frontcourt and a perimeter defender who can guard Kobe one-on-one.

Not really, young teams like OKC who like to run are bad matchups for the Lakers.

diehard

Fleer

I dont think you understand how hard the Warriors are trying to tank.

They pretty much came out and said they were doing it.

Doomsayer

How can you not fear anyone out West?

The Grizzlies are probably the only team in the league with the size to compete with the Lakers. Didn't we just get curb stomped by the fucking Suns not long ago? Denver isn't terrible and in a seven game series I like Karl over Mike fucking Brown.

The playoffs out west this year are going to fucking nuts.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
I think at the end of the day the Lakers can beat the Grizz in a first/second round series. But my god.. it would be fucking griiiiiitty! I want no part of that in the first/second round. None.

If the Lakers are clicking and have a little luck on their side then their ceiling is the WCF. But nothing beyond that if OKC/MEM are there. Not a fucking chance.

Darkman M

Grizz/Lakers first-round matchup confirmed.

Lakers matchup badly against any team that can match their frontcourt size.

Grizzles are dangerous to any team, but last time i check Marc didn't want anything to do with Bynum, while i will say it's possible for the Lakers to lose to the Grizzles we by no means matchup bad with them.

Grizzles are dangerous to any team, but last time i check Marc didn't want anything to do with Bynum, while i will say it's possible for the Lakers to lose to the Grizzles we by no means matchup bad with them.

Tony Allen always gives Kobe fits.

And Speights can get thrown at Pau when ZBo gets a blow.

And Conley is more than solid.

Lakers-age sippin the kool-aid

Blanket statements are fun.

Doomsayer

The Grizz play very similar to the Lakers, which is why it would be a great match up. They have a great front court with little perimeter shooting and thrive off of their defense. The winner of that series would be incredibly battle tested and have a good shot of taking this all the way because of it. I don't expect the Lakers to chip this year, in fact I don't even think they make it to the WCF. I would love to see another "Fuck you tour" in the playoffs though.

Emwitus

Lol I can't believe the Suns are in the 8th spot right now, regardless of how high their SoS is about to get, I'm surprised they stayed in it this long.

They've been playing really hard ever since the all star break. The two vents, hill and nash, have been doing a great job leading the team. I'm pleasantly surprised.

Emwitus

How can you not fear anyone out West?

The Grizzlies are probably the only team in the league with the size to compete with the Lakers. Didn't we just get curb stomped by the fucking Suns not long ago? Denver isn't terrible and in a seven game series I like Karl over Mike fucking Brown.

The playoffs out west this year are going to fucking nuts.

I'll say this, whoever comes out of the west will ready.

EDIT: deja'vu lol

giri

Tony Allen always gives Kobe fits.

And Speights can get thrown at Pau when ZBo gets a blow.

And Conley is more than solid.

Blanket statements are fun.

Not to mention, Marc guards Pau for most of those matchups, doesn't he? thats how i remember it anyway.

The gasol brothers both regularly lay eggs when they play each other.

ahahahahahahahhahaha westbrook.

Not to mention, Marc guards Pau for most of those matchups, doesn't he? thats how i remember it anyway.

The gasol brothers both regularly lay eggs when they play each other.

Yea but Marc's is bigger. Plus bynum is one of the only dudes who can withstand Zbo's retard strength.

I have been going to clipper games since 2001. Always lots of Asians. I always felt at home,lol. It wasn't the cool Asians either, all the geeks, heh.

giri

Yea but Marc's is bigger. Plus bynum is one of the only dudes who can withstand Zbo's retard strength.

Yup. And Allen can guard kobe, and MWP can guard gay.

speights is a better big off the bench.

Mayo is probably better than who ever the lakers are bringing off the bench too.

And as much as i clown him, conley is probably better than ramon. But it's not as bad as when it was fisher.

Would be a tough, tough series for both teams.

Canuck76

Banned
Just watched some highlights on Austin rivers. Dang. This kid is hot. Looks like a Brandon Roy type. Great first step and just a sniper from 3. Some mocks have this kid going at 16 which i doubt will happen.

I know I shouldn't be pulled in by the hype but someone is going to steal this kid and get a warrior

diehard

Fleer
wetwilly.gif

just so.. strange.

Top Bottom