• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Whilst i agree durant is more VALUABLE to the thunder, i think the thunder are incredibly poorly coached also. No KD means Harden becomes so much more invaluable to them.

But, if LBJ goes down, i can see the Heat still winning a first and second round play off series.

If KD goes down, thunder don't make it out of the first round.

That's the difference between the two and what they mean for their team.

I'm not even debating who is a better player, people forget that is not the name of the award.

because they play in the east

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Whilst i agree durant is more VALUABLE to the thunder, i think the thunder are incredibly poorly coached also. No KD means Harden becomes so much more invaluable to them.

But, if LBJ goes down, i can see the Heat still winning a first and second round play off series.

If KD goes down, thunder don't make it out of the first round.

That's the difference between the two and what they mean for their team.

I'm not even debating who is a better player, people forget that is not the name of the award.

The Thunder are coached better defensively... The Heat are poorly coached across the board.. They are just so talented.

giri

because they play in the east

Whilst the 6 - 8 in the west will be tougher than in the east, they top 5 really should stomp them in the west. Lets not kid our selves. the only chance of an upset is if the grizz are in 5th.

PHX, DEN, HOU, DAL, UTA they aren't causing an upset this year.

The Thunder are coached better defensively... The Heat are poorly coached across the board.. They are just so talented.

Naw, the heat are coached fine on Defense too.

Yeah, they could be better, but so could OKC's.

The whole "spoelstra is turrible" thing is a bit over played. Fact is, they've got a few pieces there that would be really hard to get to work together, no matter who coached them.

The MJ Bulls teams might have been just as bad at spacing as the Heat are, but the bulls teams moved off the ball, constantly, and with a purpose setting off ball screens, fake posts, all that. And the plays were so much more complex. Considering how resistant LBJ was to being coached this much... and how he basically runs their offense...

DY_nasty

Spo is looking pretty shitty right now.

Not Vinny shitty, but shitty nonetheless

Blackace

Yeah, they could be better, but so could OKC's.

The whole "spoelstra is turrible" thing is a bit over played. Fact is, they've got a few pieces there that would be really hard to get to work together, no matter who coached them.

The MJ Bulls teams might have been just as bad at spacing as the Heat are, but the bulls teams moved off the ball, constantly, and with a purpose setting off ball screens, fake posts, all that. And the plays were so much more complex. Considering how resistant LBJ was to being coached this much... and how he basically runs their offense...

no Spo really isn't a good coach..

MJ's Bulls teams in the playoffs were super sharp and their spacing was good.. Plus their plays were really well designed for the talent they had...

giri

MJ's Bulls teams in the playoffs were super sharp and their spacing was good.. Plus their plays were really well designed for the talent they had...

Spo is not worse than Brooks. Brooks is absurdly bad.

So if we're comparing the two situations, the Heat have better coaching.

DY_nasty

Shittier than brooks?

thunder are 4 - 5 from their last 9.

Heat are 6 - 3

Brooks is pretty consistent with who he was last year. He's the LBJ of coaching right now.

Spo is gradually losing what little control he had with that team.

giri

Brooks is pretty consistent with who he was last year. He's the LBJ of coaching right now.

Spo is gradually losing what little control he had with that team.

Does that speak more about the coach or the players in a season where you're the 2seed in your conference?

And the reason the thunder aren't tuning out brooks is cause he doesn't bring them up on anything. he just lets it all slide.

It's hard to tune out what doesn't exist in the first place.

Blackace

Spo is not worse than Brooks. Brooks is absurdly bad.

So if we're comparing the two situations, the Heat have better coaching.

Brooks doesn't have Riley to babysit him.. Not that Brooks is a good coach, just that Spo is a pile of dog crap

DY_nasty

Does that speak more about the coach or the players in a season where you're the 2seed in your conference?

And the reason the thunder aren't tuning out brooks is cause he doesn't bring them up on anything. he just lets it all slide.

It's hard to tune out what doesn't exist in the first place.

There's a difference between letting things slide (Vinny) and being a player's coach (Brooks)

Shadow780

wetwilly.gif

just so.. strange.

I would pay big money to see pre-therapy Artest vs. pre-medicated Delonte in an UFC fight.

haha wow.... I'm just now hearing the jazz announcers react to west fingering haywards ear hole. They're breaking it down on the radio, shit is fuckin hilarious

charsace

I think spo is a decent coach and is doing an ok job of getting the big 3 touches. Its hard to do things with 3 iso guys when only one of them has the ability to be a catch and shoot guy, and he's the big man. Lebron and Wade are both players that have to have a feel for what's going on and most of the time that translates to them putting the ball on the floor.

charsace

lol @ nervous Novak.

Novak has creepy frat boy smile going on. That's the look frat boys get when they're going to do something fucked up to the first guy that passes out.

And Delonte called Hayward white boy in that gif lol.

Jimmer would've led all rookies in scoring if he were playing in Charlotte.
Jimmer's problem is that the goons in sactown got in his head so he's too scared to play his game. Sac must have the worst locker room in the NBA. Just a whole bunch of goons.

Bishman

Even though we lost to Utah last night, it was good preparation for the playoffs. I hope Chicago tanks their game against us. And Dallas is rooting for the Clippers to get the #3 seed and we will fight for the #6 seed. That means the Lakers get Memphis in the first round.

West is such a bitch.. who fingers a dudes ear in front of a home crowd?

that said..

if you watch the video Gordon hits him with an elbow when the plays starts (about 1 second into the video)

still.. WTF west????

West Gonna West

hope he gets fined.

I recall a game against the "Mavericks" earlier this season when Favors got ejected for tossing the ball.

Favors Ejected

I thought that was because he already received a tech earlier in the game?

Edit: Hmm guess not looks like he only had one in that game, crazy.

Edit 2: Ahh I see, it's an automatic ejection if it's tossed into stands, regardless of where it lands.

Edit 2: Ahh I see, it's an automatic ejection if it's tossed into stands, regardless of where it lands.

I think we can all agree the refs need to be more consistent with this stuff.

that's all I ask.

diehard

Fleer

If Devin Harris doesn't hand the Mavs that game the Jazz might be going to the playoffs instead of Dallas.

Meier

I'm still disappointed/surprised/confused that we didn't offer an extension to Ryan Anderson this year. Dude was deserving and remains deserving. We'll probably end up getting Gortated and paying more than we would have otherwise or he'll leave.

I'm still disappointed/surprised/confused that we didn't offer an extension to Ryan Anderson this year. Dude was deserving and remains deserving. We'll probably end up getting Gortated and paying more than we would have otherwise or he'll leave.

Unless you have a franchise guy it's usually better to let the market decide the value of a player.

Soooo

Apparently my sister's boss decided to keep the tickets. No courtside seats for me.

I'm gonna be sitting at home with a tub of ice cream crying the pain away ;_;

Top Bottom