• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

charsace

imagefromurl

Amare having a midlife crisis folks. Back to his 18yo hairstyle.

Rows? Rows in 2012? LOL!!! Someone tell him that this is the new look!

carlos-boozer-hair.jpg

Nah, even Boozer's done with that now, he has normal looking hair.

Deng also went from the mohawk that didn't suit him(changed just as I was getting used to it) to his normal clean 'do to a lazier mini-mini 'fro, then back to his clean regular look.

Wade's is the bitchiest though, not sure what is going on with that hairline or whatever on the side.

I don't think it was always like that.

thekad

Banned
Lamb = MKG > Beal >>> Charlotte Bobcat Harrison Barnes

I'd take Rivers over Barnes even though Rivers will probably never contribute to a winning team.

I have no clue how beal turned into a top 5 pick.

Its arguable that he wasn't even the best player on his team

I liked Murphy a lot but I don't really agree. Beal's the best player in the draft at getting to the rim and running pick-and-roll and he's great at defensive rotations. His only pretty big issue is shooting and his form is perfect so I don't think there should be that much concern.

Why does that sound so familiar...

anytime someone says that someone is the next<insert perfect player archetype here> you know that shit is fucked from go.

Draft rule #8.

None of the Next T-Macs panned out(Geral Green is just recovering from that).

None of the next Kobe's worked(Barnes was already dead).

The next A.I's all sucked(DaJuan Wagner for example although whatever disease he has might also play into that). The Next KG shit fucked careers(Magic Randolph).

So please talent evaluators...I'll let you keep you wingspan and jumpouttathegym stats but stop with the NEXT SO AND SO stuff.

and no Baby "blanks".

How many Baby Shaqs we have had?

Barrage

I mean, I like Beal, but my god...the kid's a project for a Top 5 pick.

Then again, it ain't like Drummond and Barnes are anywhere near sure things. If I was a team picking in the early teens in this draft, i'd be happy. Lillard/Zeller/Leonard are good value picks where they're projected.

giri

anytime someone says that someone is the next<insert perfect player archetype here> you know that shit is fucked from go.

Draft rule #8.

None of the Next T-Macs panned out(Geral Green is just recovering from that).

None of the next Kobe's worked(Barnes was already dead).

The next A.I's all sucked(DaJuan Wagner for example although whatever disease he has might also play into that). The Next KG shit fucked careers(Magic Randolph).

So please talent evaluators...I'll let you keep you wingspan and jumpouttathegym stats but stop with the NEXT SO AND SO stuff.

and no Baby "blanks".

How many Baby Shaqs we have had?

I don't mind player comparisons. Or they could be's with this work or that work, but i never understood the "already is!" part.

Then again, it ain't like Drummond and Barnes are anywhere near sure things. If I was a team picking in the early teens in this draft, i'd be happy. Lillard/Zeller/Leonard are good value picks where they're projected.

Most of the teams picking in the teens this year are full of "value" picks already.

thekad

Banned
Seeing less of a point in drafting "sure things"/role players/"value picks" with lottery picks after two straight drafts of Patrick Patterson and Marcus Morris. Might as well swing for the fences and draft the next T-Mac and hope he pans out.

Or tank.

Seeing less of a point in drafting "sure things"/role players/"value picks" with lottery picks after two straight drafts of Patrick Patterson and Marcus Morris. Might as well swing for the fences and draft the next T-Mac and hope he pans out.

Or tank.

Pretty much.

Or else you end up with a team or roleplayers and no stars.

You only take sure things when you have a star in place and need to get him some consistent help and don't have time to develop projects.

I don't really think he's any more of a project than guys like Drummond or Gilchrist or Barnes. He arguably outplayed all those guys last year in college and he's got a pretty NBA-ready body and game.

giri

Pretty much.

Or else you end up with a team or roleplayers and no stars.

You only take sure things when you have a star in place and need to get him some consistent help and don't have time to develop projects.

For a lot of the teen bound teams this year, very much so.

Utah, Houston, PHX, Denver, Philli milwaukee, golden state, detroit.

All have good players on the roster, but need that star player that can elevate them.

Branduil

For a lot of the teen bound teams this year, very much so.

Utah, Houston, PHX, Denver, Philli milwaukee, golden state, detroit.

All have good players on the roster, but need that star player that can elevate them.

On the other hand, the Mavs really need to draft a wing who is a sure-thing solid role-player.

charsace

I liked Murphy a lot but I don't really agree. Beal's the best player in the draft at getting to the rim and running pick-and-roll and he's great at defensive rotations. His only pretty big issue is shooting and his form is perfect so I don't think there should be that much concern.

Austin Rivers is the best pick and roll ball handler in the draft. As big of a dick as he is he's hands down the best pick and roll ball handler.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Austin Rivers is the best pick and roll ball handler in the draft. As big of a dick as he is he's hands down the best pick and roll ball handler.

As if any NBA coach could make him use the pick. Kid is gonna be an offbrand Jamal Crawford.

giri

On the other hand, the Mavs really need to draft a wing who is a sure-thing solid role-player.

They could also use a defensive centre that's very good, an upgrade at point guard.

They really need to land Deron or Dwight or the whole plan is going to fall apart quickly. (Desperation Iggoudala trade incoming!).

charsace

As if any NBA coach could make him use the pick. Kid is gonna be an offbrand Jamal Crawford.

I think he will come to the NBA, get slapped with reality, and push on to the next level. Everyone thinks the kid is an asshole, he is, but at the same time he also wants to be a great player. So he can go one of two ways. The other road is that he tells everyone to fuck off and that his way is the best. If he did that though he would be out of the league in 2 years. So I see him adjusting and making that push to be better. The kid is a solid ball handler and has the second best first step in the draft behind Jeremy Lamb. I think his pick and roll game in combination with his ability to create his shot of the dribble and NBA rules will make him a lethal player that will at least excel in a sixth man role.

Branduil

They could also use a defensive centre that's very good, an upgrade at point guard.

They really need to land Deron or Dwight or the whole plan is going to fall apart quickly. (Desperation Iggoudala trade incoming!).

A good defensive center isn't going to be available in the late-teens. They need to get Deron and draft one of the quality wings available. The 2013 offseason will have some good centers available, probably.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
maybe 1 coach could..
I think he's going to be waaay more of a team player SG than Jamal. I can't even remember the last time Jamal passed the ball.

he is a good playmaker, but ever since he has become 6th man that went out the window

A good defensive center isn't going to be available in the late-teens. They need to get Deron and draft one of the quality wings available. The 2013 offseason will have some good centers available, probably.

I'm going to hate to see what the Mavs come up with if they don't get Deron.... I'm scared

Top Bottom