• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

SamuraiX-

Justin Timberlake
(Today, 10:23 PM)

untitled-12r2j07.gif

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
A friend of mine attended the Clips/Thunder game yesterday, and he said a dude held up a big sign of Dos Equis Blake with the words "I don't always play OKC, but when I do, I dunk on Kendrick Perkins". And they showed that shit on the big screen. Poor Perkins.

you need better friends

Novak is about to get PAID.

He should look into starting for one of the many avg teams in this league. He can put the ball on the floor, but he plays to his role.

30mpg 15ppg $5m a year.

Coming back to the Knicks will be a waste of potential. Only 5 years a pro, go get yours!

A friend of mine attended the Clips/Thunder game yesterday, and he said a dude held up a big sign of Dos Equis Blake with the words "I don't always play OKC, but when I do, I dunk on Kendrick Perkins". And they showed that shit on the big screen. Poor Perkins.

7/10
blake-griffin-meme.jpg

Clipps close out season with:
@Denver
@Phoenix
vs. New Orleans
@Atlanta
@New York

Lakers have:
@ Golden State
@ San Antonio
vs Oklahoma City
@ Sacramento

need 1 win more. doable.

h3ro

Just finished UC3.

UC2 > UC3 >>> UC1

Agreed. UC3 felt like a retread of left over parts from 2. Liked the setting of 2 better as well. 3 was fun, though.

Good lawd at the last few pages.

duki duki'ing

TCB tearin' up lakers-age's heart

adam going bollywood (welcome, the womens are gorgeous)

Gabyskra

Banned
Novak is about to get PAID.

He should look into starting for one of the many avg teams in this league. He can put the ball on the floor, but he plays to his role.

30mpg 15ppg $5m a year.

Coming back to the Knicks will be a waste of potential. Only 5 years a pro, go get yours!

He can not put the ball on the floor, he can not create for others, he does not box out well, he can be a liability on defense.

Spacing and incredible threes, better than anyone. That's all he brings.

He's not a starter, his role is perfect right now, and he knows it.

The Knicks bring him back before JR Smith. That's for sure.

As someone raised and lived in San Antonio for 15+ years, and the Spurs being basically the only professional team I emotionally care about, it still amazes me how well they recruit and stay competitive over all these years. There's just never been that drop off (they've been knocked out 1st round, obviously, but are always there) most teams experience even though stars, role players, and philosophy has changed throughout the years.

From Twin Towers-Avery Johnson-Sean Elliott, Kerr-Jackson-Bowen role player years, birth of Big 3 + Horry, pure defense + ugly offense, Duncan moving to a role player, offensive explosion, to this year where they only have 3 players averaging double digits yet put up 100+ points.

It's crazy.

Blackace

Just finished UC3.

UC2 > UC3 >>> UC1

While I have not quite finished it yet... (had to put it down Nathan Drake annoys the shit out of me) I can agree with that... 2 was crazy from start to finish.. 3 feels meh quite often to me..

Blackace

As someone raised and lived in San Antonio for 15+ years, and the Spurs being basically the only professional team I emotionally care about, it still amazes me how well they recruit and stay competitive over all these years. There's just never been that drop off (they've been knocked out 1st round, obviously, but are always there) most teams experience even though stars, role players, and philosophy has changed throughout the years.

From Twin Towers-Avery Johnson-Sean Elliott, Kerr-Jackson-Bowen role player years, birth of Big 3 + Horry, pure defense + ugly offense, Duncan moving to a role player, offensive explosion, to this year where they only have 3 players averaging double digits yet put up 100+ points.

It's crazy.

Well philosophy hasn't really changed that's the beauty of it for the Spurs. Pop is like the ultimate basketball fan.. He is going to use the what he has in the best way he can.. End of story. There no magically system that you must play in or get out..

Really seeing them become a more open floor team like they is crazy when you think of the twin tower years..

Well philosophy hasn't really changed that's the beauty of it for the Spurs. Pop is like the ultimate basketball fan.. He is going to use the what he has in the best way he can.. End of story. There no magically system that you must play in or get out..

Really seeing them become a more open floor team like they is crazy when you think of the twin tower years..

Yeah, that's what I mostly meant by philosophy (just put it poorly). The shift from basically only being about defense to now, where they obviously want to still play defensive, but put up huge offense numbers they never did before. I remember the early 2000 years vividly and how nobody wanted to see them play, especially against the Pistons, because of their style. I know the drop is coming but I think we've been waiting for it for years now.

I remember when they almost traded Parker for Kidd. I have no idea where we'd be right now if that happened (or if they traded him before this season like they talked about).

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
The Orlando Magic have played seven of their last nine games without All-Star center and franchise cornerstone Dwight Howard, which has proven both a blessing and a curse. With a herniated disc sidelining Howard, Orlando has gone 3-4, owing mostly to a terrible drop-off at the defensive end, where it surely misses his shot-blocking and rebounding; Howard isn't the league's three-time reigning Defensive Player of the Year by accident. But by the same token, Howard's absence has forced the Magic to adapt offensively, and they've changed their approach a great deal with him out.

"We're not trying to do anything different offensively," coach Stan Van Gundy told the media recently, according to Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel. "But it's what we don't do. We're not posting up. We're just not posting up. We're pick-and-roll, spread the floor, move the ball."

And that's precisely what's happened. Orlando's has turned into a pick-and-roll heavy attack minus the league's top center, which approach has cut down on turnovers and all but eliminated the team's post-up game, as Van Gundy mentioned. According to data from mySynergySports.com, Orlando has turned the ball over on just 10.7 percent of its plays without Howard, and has run only 34 post-ups in the seven games without him, or 4.8 percent of its plays. All told, the Magic have averaged 0.97 points per play without Howard, compared a season-long average of 0.93 points per play.

Orlando has found great success in transition, which accounts for 10.8 percent of its plays, in scoring 1.32 points per play and shooting 60.6 percent from the field without Howard. In the half-court, spot-up shooters are connecting on 37.4 percent of their three-point attempts.

Magic offense runs a lot better without a guy with an extremely limited offensive skill set, who turns the ball over a ton and shoots less than 50% from the FT line. You don't say.

Gabyskra

Banned

I agree with that argument, but I feel that it's sometimes exaggerated. Yes, the Spurs have changed, but it really is about continuity: it's been almost ten years that their core has been solidified, with Parker - Gino - Duncan. Being stable is what allows you to change. Simple dialectics.

Blackace

I agree with that argument, but I feel that it's sometimes exaggerated. Yes, the Spurs have changed, but it really is about continuity: it's been almost ten years that their core has been solidified, with Parker - Gino - Duncan. Being stable is what allows you to change. Simple dialectics.

actually there has never been another team like the Spurs who, under the same coach and core, have changed their style so often.. so no it isn't exaggerated.

Yeah, that's what I mostly meant by philosophy (just put it poorly). The shift from basically only being about defense to now, where they obviously want to still play defensive, but put up huge offense numbers they never did before. I remember the early 2000 years vividly and how nobody wanted to see them play, especially against the Pistons, because of their style. I know the drop is coming but I think we've been waiting for it for years now.

I remember when they almost traded Parker for Kidd. I have no idea where we'd be right now if that happened (or if they traded him before this season like they talked about).

I do remember that too a few years back. But to be honest, I don't think the Spurs ever really had serious talks t he last year or so about trading TP. I know I was one of the fans that would have been ok with that trade (assuming we got good value in return) but instead RC trades Jefferson for JJJJAAAXXX and Hill for Leonard. That dude has to be the best GM in sports.

jjasper

Clipps close out season with:
@Denver
@Phoenix
vs. New Orleans
@Atlanta
@New York

Lakers have:
@ Golden State
@ San Antonio
vs Oklahoma City
@ Sacramento

need 1 win more. doable.

Does it really matter at this point? Neither are falling to 5 and if the Clippers move to 3rd the Grizz will probably just tank to get them. I guess it could matter for who the Lakers could get though.

Smokey

JVG has been on Houston sports radio for a little over a hour and still going. Dude is such a good listen.

One of his ideas to stop the cheating in college was not allow the kids to choose where they want to go to school, but implement a draft lol

Also reiterating how Novak is the best shooter in the league and how he used him wrong at first in Houston where he drafted him and due to circumstances is now getting dat shine.

Suggestion came up for the Heat to bring him in this offseason when he wil be a FA

Does it really matter at this point? Neither are falling to 5 and if the Clippers move to 3rd the Grizz will probably just tank to get them. I guess it could matter for who the Lakers could get though.

i honestly don't know but it would be a moral victory for the clips to win the division. and 3th seed at the moment plays denver and i much rather play denver than memphis or dallas. tanking down for memphis isn't as easy. only 5 games left and they could still drop to 7th.

So apparently Ray Allen almost went to the Grizzlies for Mayo + a pick.

NEW YORK – As the NBA trade deadline lurched into its final hour a month ago, league sources say the call Ray Allen long feared had come: Boston Celtics coach Doc Rivers was on the line, telling him he had been traded. Allen had been sent to the Memphis Grizzlies for a package including O.J. Mayo and a draft pick, and the Celtics' Big Three had come to a most brusque ending.

For 20 minutes or so, Allen had to process the information. They traded me to Memphis? And yet, as the disappointment dissolved to anger, Rivers returned with a messenger’s nightmare: Never mind. The deal fell apart. Take a deep breath and let’s go back to work again.

Why would Ray be upset? Memphis has a plausible shot at making the Finals.

i honestly don't know but it would be a moral victory for the clips to win the division. and 3th seed at the moment plays denver and i much rather play denver than memphis or dallas. tanking down for memphis isn't as easy. only 5 games left and they could still drop to 7th.

I'd much rather play Dallas than Denver right now. I think Denver is the most likely loss of the remainder of our fairly brutal schedule.

Canuck76

Banned
Mayo AND a pick? That's great deal for the Celts especially the way Bradley is playing? Why didn't it get done?

Yeah if your the Celtics pull the trigger on that. Ray allen really hasn't been great recently. When's the last time he dropped 20 on someone? And if your Memphis why do you do that?

Top Bottom