• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

Jeff-DSA

Shaq's Top 3 PGs in the league are: 1. Rondo 2. Westbrook 3. Parker?

This guy. lol

I get Rondo, because he can't shoot and he wants to dump it to the big guy. That's Shaq's wet dream after spending his career watching Kobe, Lebron, and Wade take too many shots.

jjasper

The team is so desperate for anyone who can consistently make 3s it would do anything. Should have just done the Morrow for Mayo trade earlier in the year.

Wow...Rondo has a PER that's just a few ticks above John Walls current PER...which is ridiciulous because Wall has played terribly the last month and had a PER of 18+ before that.

It doesn't really pass the eye test at all.

The only reason I can see why it didn't get done is because Mayo needs to be paid in the summer.
True, but you get surrounded by Doc Rivers/Garnett/Pierce/the chance to be on a team that'll compete for the Top 4 spots in the East I think maybe you convince him to take a 1 year offer for the chance to break out with more time, aka what JR Smith did now.

jjasper

True, but you get surrounded by Doc Rivers/Garnett/Pierce/the chance to be on a team that'll compete for the Top 4 spots in the East I think maybe you convince him to take a 1 year offer for the chance to break out with more time, aka what JR Smith did now.

Competing for a top 4 spot in the east would be a downgrade to his current situation.

Aside from the big three deal overall you can kind of see how terrible Ainge is as a GM without that sort of luck falling in his lap. Guys he's looked at to start the new era: Jeff Green, O.J Mayo, trading Rondo for Gasol...not a bright future with him at the helm.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Yeah if your the Celtics pull the trigger on that. Ray allen really hasn't been great recently. When's the last time he dropped 20 on someone? And if your Memphis why do you do that?

Because Memphis' FO hates OJ Mayo.

Wow...Rondo has a PER that's just a few ticks above John Walls current PER...which is ridiciulous because Wall has played terribly the last month and had a PER of 18+ before that.

It doesn't really pass the eye test at all.

Wizards and Celtics are basically the same offensively so it's not like Rondo is really doing that great this year. The Wizards actually have fewer turnovers than Boston.

jjasper

He's not really in a situation where he's comfortable with the team IMHO. Can you honestly tell me Memphis wants OJ around? He's not a part of their future.

The push to trade him is 100% Hollins the only reason he is still on the team is because Hiesley still thinks he can be an all star and continues to back out of trades. But no he is t going to be here next year and most have known that for a while. There is no way Memphis matches what someone offers him. He deserves to get away from Hollins and get the chance to do something.

Gabyskra

Banned
Wizards and Celtics are basically the same offensively so it's not like Rondo is really doing that great this year. The Wizards actually have fewer turnovers than Boston.

Yeah, isn't it funny how the Wizards will have Seraphin play far from the basket à la Garnett, Vesely spot up like Bass, Crawford and others just begging to slow the pace down, etc.?

Seriously dude, just watch a few games at some point in your life or something. You'll enjoy it, I think. Basketball is pretty fun.

Branduil

Magic offense runs a lot better without a guy with an extremely limited offensive skill set, who turns the ball over a ton and shoots less than 50% from the FT line. You don't say.

It's almost like Stan Van Gundy is an awful coach who doesn't know how to use the best center in the league.

Yeah, isn't it funny how the Wizards will have Seraphin play far from the basket à la Garnett, Vesely spot up like Bass, Crawford and others just begging to slow the pace down, etc.?

Seriously dude, just watch a few games at some point in your life or something. You'll enjoy it, I think. Basketball is pretty fun.

They play different styles, but both styles lead to incredibly poor production.

NBA Takes a Look at Jersey Sponsorship
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/18/s...-a-look-at-jersey-sponsorship.html?ref=sports
The presentation to the league’s board of governors last Thursday night strongly suggested that the N.B.A. might be the first of the four more established major leagues in the United States to allow its players to wear advertising. If the N.B.A. agrees, its players will join golfers, soccer players around the world, including those in Major League Soccer, and Nascar and IndyCar drivers.

Even some W.N.B.A. players have worn corporate logos or names since 2009.

Jeanie Buss, the Los Angeles Lakers’ executive vice president for business operations, said that adding advertising to uniforms was worth discussing in part because other leagues had embraced the practice.

“I like tradition and I actually still miss the short shorts of the ’80s,” she said in an e-mail, “so perhaps it is better the Lakers management fully discuss the subject internally and come to a consensus.”
To the talented and not so talent. Let me see some photoshop of apt corporate sponsors of teams.

lYoGU.jpg

Heat are sitting out Wade and Bosh tonight but will play them against Chicago

1) When the fuck are we getting LeBron some rest
2) Seedings are pretty much locked. What is the point of playing starters vs Chicago?

He can not put the ball on the floor, he can not create for others, he does not box out well, he can be a liability on defense.

Spacing and incredible threes, better than anyone. That's all he brings.

He's not a starter, his role is perfect right now, and he knows it.

The Knicks bring him back before JR Smith. That's for sure.

His head fake and go is fine for his style. He'll get plenty of FTs if he wants them.

Steve can easily start at SF for 10 teams in this league. IF, the production kept up.

Heat are sitting out Wade and Bosh tonight but will play them against Chicago

1) When the fuck are we getting LeBron some rest
2) Seedings are pretty much locked. What is the point of playing starters vs Chicago?

Probably a pride thing because Chicago been having Miami's number in the regular season. I'm with you though. After watching last year finals and the LeBron meltdown I say give the guy some rest.

Or unless he wants to play because he wants to lock up that MVP.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
@WojYahooNBA said:
Charlotte coach Paul Silas and Tyrus Thomas had to be separated in locker room after Sunday loss, sources tell Y! Sports. Story soon on Y!

Lol

isn't LeBron the youngest?

Probably a pride thing because Chicago been having Miami's number in the regular season. I'm with you though. After watching last year finals and the LeBron meltdown I say give the guy some rest.

Or unless he wants to play because he wants to lock up that MVP.

If he's playing to gun for the MVP......then as a fan I wanna slap him upside the head

but seriously...he's the most important cog on the team. get the guy rest.

DY_nasty

wtf silas doesnt seem the type to be like that.
He's not... Tyrus has been extra crazy since the preseason. He even tried to give a heckler a chance to come to the locker room just to fight the guy.

Silas would murder him though.

Imma need the Bobcats to beat the Bulls tonight

Bobcats win+Heat win tonight and tomorrow=1/2 game back of first. I didn't realize we were that close to the first seed...

DY_nasty

Bobcats win+Heat win tonight and tomorrow=1/2 game back of first. I didn't realize we were that close to the first seed...
Yeah. Right after the bobcats beat the bulls I'll hop on Orbitz and fly my girl to your spot so she can give you a Bosh for 3.

Vahagn

Ray Allen for Oj Majo makes sense.

Memphis gets a 2 guard who can play off ball and make it harder to double Gasol / Zach / Gay...and they get veteran leadership on a team that's looking to take that next step and start contending

Celtics get a young two guard to start the rebuilding process but can still impact the team today.

It's not the best possible trade, but it helps Memphis on their short term winning strategy and it helps the Celtics on their retooling strategy

Edit: TrueHoop and ESPN are the equivalent of Fox News in their persistent insistence to shove Lebron (A Republican candidate) down the public's throat.

"Oh, Lebron back stabbed his team and made a mockery of the Free Agent Period by having teams court him while he showed up to meetings in sweats and shit?...Here's non stop articles making you feel guilty for not liking Lebron"

"Oh he's 2-8 in the Finals and choked in every single fourth quarter of every single finals game or flat out disappeared? As well as disappearing sporadically in countless other meaningful games? Here's chart after chart after chart of crap to shove the idea that he's amazing down your throat"

"Oh, his team which should have been the runaway best team in the league has underperformed for two straight years in their regular season record and lulls and losing streaks...let's shove more articles down your throat to make you feel guilty for not thinking he's an amazing amazing player and thinking of anyone else for MVP means your stupid"

Flash

Ray Allen for Oj Majo makes sense.

Memphis gets a 2 guard who can play off ball and make it harder to double Gasol / Zach / Gay...and they get veteran leadership on a team that's looking to take that next step and start contending

Celtics get a young two guard to start the rebuilding process but can still impact the team today.

It's not the best possible trade, but it helps Memphis on their short term winning strategy and it helps the Celtics on their retooling strategy

Edit: TrueHoop and ESPN are the equivalent of Fox News in their persistent insistence to shove Lebron (A Republican candidate) down the public's throat.

"Oh, Lebron back stabbed his team and made a mockery of the Free Agent Period by having teams court him while he showed up to meetings in sweats and shit?...Here's non stop articles making you feel guilty for not liking Lebron"

"Oh he's 2-8 in the Finals and choked in every single fourth quarter of every single finals game or flat out disappeared? As well as disappearing sporadically in countless other meaningful games? Here's chart after chart after chart of crap to shove the idea that he's amazing down your throat"

"Oh, his team which should have been the runaway best team in the league has underperformed for two straight years in their regular season record and lulls and losing streaks...let's shove more articles down your throat to make you feel guilty for not thinking he's an amazing amazing player and thinking of anyone else for MVP means your stupid"

I really don't like that guy on Truehoop, such a hack

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes

How do you not include the fact that Henry Abbott thinks that Lebron is a better player than Larry ever was?

Henry Abbot blows. He has an unhealthy dislike of Kobe.

Then again, so does Kelly Dwyer on Yahoo.

The link? Both Portland Blazers fans. Just sayin'

How do you not include the fact that Henry Abbott thinks that Lebron is a better player than Larry ever was?

Larry played with a couple of Hall of Famers, Lebron has carried a group of nobodies to a coveted #2 seed in a loaded conference for two consecutive seasons.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's

Lolcats gonna tank so hard. Bulls are pissed they lost to Wiz. No shot of the Bulls losing.

Top Bottom