• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

Ilive1up

jr smith is either hot as hell with shooting, or he is dead cold and throws up redic 3 pointers. i don't get it.

stop doing that, jr. sheesh.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
LOL. Woodson to JR "What was that shit over there? I dont wanna see you shoot it like that"

Hahahaha

jjasper

Glad we are back to playing Pargo over Arenas even though Arenas has been infinitely better than him.

Edit: Apparently he has a hurt finger or something and it isn't Hollins being Hollins.

I don't understand how Melo turned it around. He was shit for the majority of the season.

Being utilized the wrong way under D'antoni and some chemistry issues with Amare is my take on it; On offense they very much like to operate at some of the same spots. But if Amare's elbow jumper is falling it's not as much of an issue though. I think some of it's mental too, the scrutiny he got during that stretch would get to anybody.

Being utilized the wrong way under D'antoni and some chemistry issues with Amare is my take on it; On offense they very much like to operate at some of the same spots. But if Amare's elbow jumper is falling it's not as much of an issue though. I think some of it's mental too, the scrutiny he got during that stretch would get to anybody.

Nah dude he was just terribly out of shape.

(tho some of your points are true)

giri

Nah dude he was just terribly out of shape.

(tho some of your points are true)

Naw, the Melo stuff was more than that.

D'Antoni literally had no idea how to run plays for a wing scorer.

The sets they ran were utterly terrible.

And the "rest of the team gets the ball for the first 17 seconds, then if nothing is on, dump it to melo and let him iso" offense was retarded and obviously was going to result in tons of low % plays.

I'm a huge Mike D`Antoni apologist, but he used Melo in the most stupid ways.

giri

Actually he wasn't awful..

But he needs talent around him.. Det doesn't have any

Gordon is a bit like Wes Matthews. Can't create his own shot, but he sure can finish. Decent Catch and Shoot guy too i think.

Detroit was the wrong place for him, but who says no to the money they threw at him?

Alrix

great first half by the knicks!

man, this actor does not seem excited about the slomans shield at all

Speaking of commercials I see way too many times on MSG, this back and forth battle between Scott's and Pennington grass seed really has be wondering just which product is better for the lawn that I don't have.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Gordon is a bit like Wes Matthews. Can't create his own shot, but he sure can finish. Decent Catch and Shoot guy too i think.

Detroit was the wrong place for him, but who says no to the money they threw at him?

Wes would kill puppies for Gordon's jumper..

Ben has made range and a decent release.. funny thing is his handle isn't horrible.. but he can't finish off a drive and can't create his own shot..

So if he is the 2b option on a team with a few scorers he can be deadly..

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Wes would kill puppies for Gordon's jumper..

Ben has made range and a decent release.. funny thing is his handle isn't horrible.. but he can't finish off a drive and can't create his own shot..

So if he is the 2b option on a team with a few scorers he can be deadly..

Those two are literally 1% point apart on three-point shooting over a similar number of 3PA for their careers.

Naw, the Melo stuff was more than that.

D'Antoni literally had no idea how to run plays for a wing scorer.

The sets they ran were utterly terrible.

And the "rest of the team gets the ball for the first 17 seconds, then if nothing is on, dump it to melo and let him iso" offense was retarded and obviously was going to result in tons of low % plays.

I'm a huge Mike D`Antoni apologist, but he used Melo in the most stupid ways.

I pretty much agree but I don't like giving Melo slack for his (up till now) terrible season.

Actually he wasn't awful..

But he needs talent around him.. Det doesn't have any

Around him?

Hes not a building block type guy. I think he can be a number 3 or number 4 on a good team, preferably off the bench, but thats it. He doesn't really bring much to the table other than scoring.

Its an irrelevant discussion anyway. Considering his age and contract, he'll have regressed so much by the time hes out of Detroit that he'll be lucky to find a spot in a playoff rotation.

Blackace

Those two are literally 1% point apart on three-point shooting over a similar number of 3PA for their careers.

Having similar 3p numbers doesn't make you similar shooters..

Like Glen Rice's 3% are compareable to Ray-Ray (or as close as a human can get) but anyone sane wouldn't say that Glen Rice had a jump shot as as nice as Ray Ray's

Blackace

Around him?

Hes not a building block type guy. I think he can be a number 3 or number 4 on a good team, preferably off the bench, but thats it. He doesn't really bring much to the table other than scoring.

Its an irrelevant discussion anyway. Considering his age and contract, he'll have regressed so much by the time hes out of Detroit that he'll be lucky to find a spot in a playoff rotation.

Yes, around him..

It doesn't mean make a team based on him.. it means in the sense of have talent near him..

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
This is kinda meta, but who the fuck is DJ TET at the bore and why am I a faggit?

The worst was Raging Spaniard on GAF going on and on about how it wasn't racist and people were overreacting to the joke. Then he says that Americans are way more racist than that anyway.

That guy is a feggit.

Thanks etiolate ;)

Not that creating a forum to gossip about GAF isnt weird or anything, we would never do that >.>

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Having similar 3p numbers doesn't make you similar shooters..

Like Glen Rice's 3% are compareable to Ray-Ray (or as close as a human can get) but anyone sane wouldn't say that Glen Rice had a jump shot as as nice as Ray Ray's

But I'd argue that both are streaky spot-up shooters and that there's not much difference to either's range.

Speaking of commercials I see way too many times on MSG, this back and forth battle between Scott's and Pennington grass seed really has be wondering just which product is better for the lawn that I don't have.

lmao, tell me about it. i had no idea growing grass was such SERIOUS BIZNESS

He's making $11.5 mil this year and $12.4 mil next . And he's coming off the bench.

LMAO!!!!

Whoever decided to make him the highest paid player on a team is an idiot (I'm looking at you Joe Dumars).

Top Bottom