• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

Canuck76

Banned
Kobe's been able to shut down mediocre wing players his whole career. He just can't do it, with out it affecting his offensive game these days.

The Bestbrook hate is strong with this one.

Unfortunately one off game doesn't suddenly turn Nash into a better player than him.

Also i think 5 to 10 games is appropriate for the elbow. I'd go 7 myself.

Canuck76

Banned
no but a career of it does.

Bestbrooks career is just beginning. I'm not saying Bestbrook is forever better than him but right now he's currently better than nash. You can't argue that he's not.

If we're talking best seasons though, yeah of course Nash has had much better seasons/career than Bestbrook currently has.

ibgBQ9fvg26zgx.jpg

Braces work wonders...

diehard

Fleer
Bestbrooks career is just beginning. I'm not saying Bestbrook is forever better than him but right now he's currently better than nash. You can't argue that he's not.

If we're talking best seasons though, yeah of course Nash has had much better seasons/career than Bestbrook currently has.

yeah he isnt better than him right now.

i take intelligence into account.

can't wait for the Spurs to disappoint in the playoffs so you can disappear again, Crimson Frontrunner.

Well then you ought to pray for an injury because I don't see any other way for us to lose this year. We are far and away the best team.

But lets take it one goal at a time. I wanna see if we can magically hit FIFTY. If we win out we get it. It'd take quite a monumental effort; I expect us to trot out the Silver Stars and Austin Toros for the last 2 games of the season (Corey Joseph for 3333333!!)...but shiiit, we've been winning with such ridiculous lineups that I'm pretty sure we could still do it.

They are Laker fans for a reason.

Watch the transformation when Ron Ron comes back.

They'll be screaming METTA ALL OVER MY TITS in no time. This stuff doesn't even faze them.

You say this as Jax suits up for The Spurs and you conveniently try to forget that he was Ron-ron's tag team partner in the Palace Brawl.

ead.

Terrible poster, terrible fan, terrible human.

giri

The Bestbrook hate is strong with this one.

Unfortunately one off game doesn't suddenly turn Nash into a better player than him.

Also i think 5 to 10 games is appropriate for the elbow. I'd go 7 myself.

You're right, it doesn't suddenly make Nash a better player, Nash has always been the better player.

no but a career of it does.

Pretty Much.

Can, argue it pretty easily.

If you think YNB would get this suns team any where near competing for a play off spot you're delusional.

But keep defending him. It's entertaining. YNB is a great athlete, but he's a horrible basketball player. And he keeps proving it game after game after game.

Go watch some of the coach nick stuff on him, it should help you understand my above statement.

You know what, i don't even care, you're welcome to be wrong about it. But it's why the harden concussion is so much more important than if YNB was concussed. If YNB had the brains knocked out of him, he'd play exactly as he does now.

They are Laker fans for a reason.

Watch the transformation when Ron Ron comes back.

They'll be screaming METTA ALL OVER MY TITS in no time. This stuff doesn't even faze them.

if you're in la, you're not supposed to be inhaling exhaust fumes directly from a car.
btw, everyone, dont forget, its this dipshit who used derek fisher's daughter's eye cancer to use as a bullet point against fisher.

Really? Didn't Jermaine O'neal only get like 15 for punching a fan? What are you comparing the 5 games to, exactly, to show favoritism?

List me the other suspensions. I know K-Love got 2 games for a face stomp.
What Love did was moronic and I think it was a good suspension. However, it did not put Scola in any real danger. He pretty much stepped on his chest if you watch the replays. Bynum's forearm shivers are plays that could possibly cause PARALYSIS if the player on the receiving end has a bad landing. 5 games for that is a joke.

It really should be only 2 games. The offense is on par with what KLOVE did.

But we'll have to wait and see how the racist NBA (over)reacts.
What the fuck am I reading here. First, you again imply that Love's dumb move is on par with Bynum's plays, which are far more dangerous. Second, what the fuck at the bolded?

Personally, I'm of the opinion that suspensions in sports aren't usually long enough. Artest should have been outright banned from the league after the Pacers Pistons brawl. He's clearly an unstable player. The plays that Bynum made over the past year or two could, again, cause paralysis in the guy who is taking the hit. 4 or 5 game suspensions are near nothing, especially considering he's a repeat offender.

2 games, 4 games, 5 games

What Love did was moronic and I think it was a good suspension. However, it did not put Scola in any real danger. He pretty much stepped on his chest if you watch the replays. Bynum's forearm shivers are plays that could possibly cause PARALYSIS if the player on the receiving end has a bad landing. 5 games for that is a joke.

I agree that Love's wasn't as bad, but he got less half the suspension for a reason.

You said Bynum's didn't fall in line with other suspensions. I'm asking you for the proof of equally as bad or lesser incidents getting more than 5 games that Bynum got.

I surmise you won't find any.

The league doesn't even suspend anyone for pushing people from behind on a dunk/layup which could also cause a bad fall and paralysis.

But please, give me some examples of harsher suspensions for equal or lesser acts.

diehard

Fleer
You said Bynum's didn't fall in line with other suspensions. I'm asking you for the proof of equally as bad or lesser incidents getting more than 5 games that Bynum got.

Mardy Collins in 2006 essentially got 6 games for a hard foul because it caused a fight.

oh he got bitch punched too.

Artest, excuse me, WORLD PEACE will probably get 3 games. The one tomorrow and 2 carrying over into next season. If any team even picks him up after the amnesty that is.

Metta ain't a Pacer no more...hes protected.

He'll be suited up before Harden, and if the Lakers somehow make the second round, he'll look over to the Thunder bench, with Harden sitting in a suit, and make a Tarzan "AaAaAaAaaaaaaa" chest bump right before tipoff.

The Laker bandwagoners in the crowd will laugh, and the commentators will deflect the awkwardness of it all while Harden sits there, staring blurry-eyed back at Artest as tears gently land on his beard.

Artest, excuse me, WORLD PEACE will probably get 3 games. The one tomorrow and 2 carrying over into next season. If any team even picks him up after the amnesty that is.

He'll be suited up before Harden, and if the Lakers somehow make the second round, he'll look over to the Thunder bench, with Harden sitting in a suit, and make a Tarzan "AaAaAaAaaaaaaa" chest bump right before tipoff.

The Laker bandwagoners in the crowd will laugh, and the commentators will deflect the awkwardness of it all while Harden sits there, staring blurry-eyed back at Artest as tears gently land on his beard.

Jay-Z-Ehhh.gif

It'll be carried into the Playoffs.

Harden is cleared to play.

There are almost no Lakers bandwagon. In fact, I'd rather not have them... Don't you know? It's all Clippers.

Am I being trolled?

Seriously, worry about your squad not getting smashed in the first round again.

Mardy Collins in 2006 essentially got 6 games for a hard foul because it caused a fight.

oh he got bitch punched too.

yeah, fights are governed completely differently. Melo got 15 for it. Had no fight escalated, then Mardy would have gotten 2 games at most.

Had a fight escalated yesterday, would add 3 times to whatever Metta's suspension will be.

Also, I am certain it will be at least 5 games. I imagine 7-10.

I agree that Love's wasn't as bad, but he got less half the suspension for a reason.

The league doesn't even suspend anyone for pushing people from behind on a dunk/layup which could also cause a bad fall and paralysis.

But please, give me some examples of harsher suspensions for equal or lesser acts.
Not gonna do the research, so you got me. I guess I just hate how much the result of a player's action is taken into account when dealing out suspensions. A dangerous act is a dangerous act.

I love the NHLs suspendion on that thug for 25 games. Maybe itll have an effect on ron rons

Not gonna do the research, so you got me. I guess I just hate how much the result of a player's action is taken into account when dealing out suspensions. A dangerous act is a dangerous act.

I love the NHLs suspendion on that thug for 25 games. Maybe itll have an effect on ron rons

I just think it's hilarious how much of an anti-Laker bias there is by the fans. Pretty much anything short of a huge suspension will be STERN FAVORING LAKERS!!!!!!

I'm fine if you think Bynum's type of play deserved more than 5 games. I'm just saying no one else would have gotten more than 5 games. That's a problem with the league's treatment towards these acts.

Robin Lopez got 0 games for his flagrant on Griffin. Shouldn't the league be protecting him? But they don't.

Let's say Ramon Sessions does exactly what K-Love did. I guarantee you people here would be calling for 10 game or more suspensions. And when it comes out to be 2, people will complain that it's a Laker bias.

That's my only gripe. If the league wants to punish players harsher, I'm fine with it if it's for everyone. But it is amazing how fans are so biased towards LA that they can't see straight. Bynum got 5 because that's how the league wants to treat that kind of act, wrong or right. It's not because he's a Laker.

And the same will go for Ron. He'll get whatever he gets because that's how they want to do it; they won't care what team he is on.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Bynum's got a history of fucking people up.

So does Ron.

but play the victim bro

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
flagrant 2? thats a bit much...
is this directed at me? Because I don't think you read what I wrote if you did.

"I just think it's hilarious how much of an anti-Laker bias there is by the fans. Pretty much anything short of a huge suspension will be STERN FAVORING LAKERS!!!!!!"

duh

bynum and artest are goons, and both have got it pretty lenient seeing as how they're repeat offenders.

Top Bottom