• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

flagrant 2? thats a bit much...

"I just think it's hilarious how much of an anti-Laker bias there is by the fans. Pretty much anything short of a huge suspension will be STERN FAVORING LAKERS!!!!!!"

duh

bynum and artest are goons, and both have got it pretty lenient seeing as how they're repeat offenders.

But would they have gotten bigger suspensions if they played for the Wolves?

walesmh.gif

But it is amazing how fans are so biased towards LA that they can't see straight.

So there are two scenarios here

a) Fans of 29 other teams have such a biased and unreasonable hate for the Lakers that they can't see straight on matters like this, even though a suspension to Metta has no impact on almost all of their playoff chances (DEN, DAL, OKC fans excluded)
b) Laker fans have such a biased and unreasonable love of the Lakers that they can't see straight on matters like this, especially because a suspension to Metta has a direct impact on their playoff chances

You chose option a)

Hrrrrrmmmmmmmmm

Hrrrrmmmm

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Here comes Kemba with the dagger right on schedule

What if they played for the Bobcats?

oh right, stephen jackson gets fucked over for shit he didn't even GET to do.

So there are two scenarios here

a) Fans of 29 other teams have such a biased and unreasonable hate for the Lakers that they can't see straight on matters like this, even though a suspension to Metta has no impact on almost all of their playoff chances (DEN, DAL, OKC fans excluded)
b) Laker fans have such a biased and unreasonable love of the Lakers that they can't see straight on matters like this, especially because a suspension to Metta has a direct impact on their playoff chances

You chose option a)

Hrrrrrmmmmmmmmm

Hrrrrmmmm

The fact that people here are saying they expect or wouldn't be surprised by 2 games for Metta shows that A is correct.

hat if they played for the Bobcats?

oh right, stephen jackson gets fucked over for shit he didn't even GET to do.

You didn't answer the question. Would the suspension be harsher if he played on another team?

flagrant 2? thats a bit much...

"I just think it's hilarious how much of an anti-Laker bias there is by the fans. Pretty much anything short of a huge suspension will be STERN FAVORING LAKERS!!!!!!"

duh

bynum and artest are goons, and both have got it pretty lenient seeing as how they're repeat offenders.

I think he's saying it's not lenient because nobody really gets suspended that often. Drew got 4 games. How often do players get suspended that long for cheap shots? Rarely if ever. It's not a Laker thing, it's an NBA thing.

giri

Whilst on the topic of bad calls

The flagrant 1 they called on Baron yesterday was a disgraceful call.

Should have been just a personal.

DY_nasty

This duel is over. Kemba Kancer.
I think he's saying it's not lenient because nobody really gets suspended that often. Drew got 4 games. How often do players get suspended that long for cheap shots? Rarely if ever. It's not a Laker thing, it's an NBA thing.

Repeat offenders get hit harder. And they got officiated harder throughout games. Just because you don't see guys wind up haymakers and get nailed to the bench for 10 games, doesn't mean that they aren't screwed over year round. That's just being obtuse. Sheed, Jax, plenty of other guys never even get to get started because they're T'd up before they even get to make a face.

Exactly. I'm saying this is how the NBA deals with it. They aren't favoring the Lakers.

Which is why I said if KLove was a Laker and did that stomp, people here would be whining about 2 games and claiming he should be out 20.

Because people are irrational when it comes to the Lakers.

Brandi had a whole spiel last year how the NBA wouldn't let the Mavs beat the Lakers. And today he will still argue the NBA won't ever let the Mavs beat the Lakers.

Repeat offenders get hit harder. And they got officiated harder throughout games. Just because you don't see guys wind up haymakers and get nailed to the bench for 10 games, doesn't mean that they aren't screwed over year round. That's just being obtuse. Sheed, Jax, plenty of other guys never even get to get started because they're T'd up before they even get to make a face.

No one is arguing against the suspensions. You're going past the argument.

Also, Ron got some of the same techs his 1st year or so in LA too that Sheed and Jax got.

giri

Major 1st world problems for Andrew Bogut lulz

He's right though.

When i was looking there were plenty of stupid pricing ranges put up.

"High $400,000's" when i searched for low $400's? then why list your property to show up in that range? fuck off and die.

The fact that people here are saying they expect or wouldn't be surprised by 2 games for Metta shows that A is correct.

Its anti-Laker bias to expect the league to be as rigged as we all know it is? I mean, don't get me wrong, the fans of the 29 other teams as a whole absolutely hate and despise the Laker organization, what they stand for, and their entire fanbase, but I think those statements were more indictments on the league than anything.

Its anti-Laker bias to expect the league to be as rigged as we all know it is? I mean, don't get me wrong, the fans of the 29 other teams as a whole absolutely hate and despise the Laker organization, what they stand for, and their entire fanbase, but I think those statements were more indictments on the league than anything.
Nothing is rigged. Lakers are run well, as are the spurs and other successful franchises

DY_nasty

kemba with some of the WORST shots ive ever seen

can we get a refund on this guy?

Nothing is rigged. Lakers are run well, as are the spurs and other successful franchises

You don't get it. The league is rigged in favor of the Lakers. The Spurs, on the other hand, had to overcome the odds to tank twice, net two first overall picks in drafts featuring Hall of Famer big men and win 4 titles in 10 years. They are clearly the little guy fighting against the man.

Its anti-Laker bias to expect the league to be as rigged as we all know it is? I mean, don't get me wrong, the fans of the 29 other teams as a whole absolutely hate and despite the Laker organization, what they stand for, and their entire fanbase, but I think those statements were more indictments on the league than anything.

The league isn't rigged. That's the assumption that's dumb. And it feeds into the stupid bias.

You'd think a Spurs fan of all things would be aware. If the league was rigged, ya'll wouldn't have 4 titles. Amar'e wouldn't have been suspended, etc.

People believe the league is rigged because it's more interesting. Just like people believe the WTC were bombed from inside despite the mountains of science against that.

Every bad call in favor of the Lakers = rigged. Every bad call in favor of the other team = random dumb luck.

Canuck76

Banned
That's a bit harsh giri. If you don't got around 400 hundy look at the full range of 300 hundy bro. That's how the rich roll baby. A 400 hundy range is 400 to 500 not 400 to 420 or some crap.

Also on the bestbrook tip your talking about his article right? Are their any others you would have me read/watch or just that?

Also does coach nick do a livestream after most games? All of best-gaf terminology needs to filter over hahahaha

The league isn't rigged. That's the assumption that's dumb. And it feeds into the stupid bias.

You'd think a Spurs fan of all things would be aware. If the league was rigged, ya'll wouldn't have 4 titles. Amar'e wouldn't have been suspended, etc.

People believe the league is rigged because it's more interesting. Just like people believe the WTC were bombed from inside despite the mountains of science against that.

Every bad call in favor of the Lakers = rigged. Every bad call in favor of the other team = random dumb luck.
Game 6 was fucked though, youve got to admit that

Game 6 was fucked though, youve got to admit that

So was game 5 the other way, which everyone conveniently ignores.

game 2 vs boston in '08?

Could go on and on. Officiating sucks all around. Sometimes it's horrendous. Lakers have benefited and have been victims. Just like everyone else.

Confirmation bias is something one needs to avoid.

You don't get it. The league is rigged in favor of the Lakers. The Spurs, on the other hand, had to overcome the odds to tank twice, net two first overall picks in drafts featuring Hall of Famer big men and win 4 titles in 10 years. They are clearly the little guy fighting against the man.

The NBA made the 5pur5 get swept by the Suns, which brings up a great point. If the league clearly favors the Lakers, why did they get swept last year?

Lose in 6 in 2008?

Lose in 7 after going up 3-1 in 2006?

ET TU, STERN?

There is a difference between rigged and staged.

The WWE is staged.

The NBA is rigged.

The NBA, as a system, heavily favors teams like the Lakers. That undeniable. The league has gotten a lot better with it, especially with the new CBA, which did wonders for the game and has renewed my faith in the future (NO ONE is talking about it but the new CBA is awesome for competitive balance), but the problems are still there.

It isn't irrational or blind hatred to be suspicious of how the league doles out suspensions, especially since it is a rather arbitrary process.

giri

That's a bit harsh giri. If you don't got around 400 hundy look at the full range of 300 hundy bro. That's how the rich roll baby. A 400 hundy range is 400 to 500 not 400 to 420 or some crap.

Also on the bestbrook tip your talking about his article right? Are their any others you would have me read/watch or just that?

Also does coach nick do a livestream after most games? All of best-gaf terminology needs to filter over hahahaha

I can tell you i quite specifically put in a dollar range that properties were saying they were above. Real estate is just a garbage troll industry. So poorly run. I got my place though and very happy at the price i got it. Took about 8 months to find though.

Nick has done a few segments on YNB by now. But many others have too. Once you start watching him for what he should be doing, versus the flashy stuff that he actually is doing, you'll see it. And i'm not even saying specifically as a PG. But he'll ruin set plays just because he "feels it" or something. Or doesn't execute basics like he should.

It's why really well coached teams like the spurs are able to troll the thunder. I don't think the Thunder have beat the spurs.

Emwitus

The WWE is staged.

The NBA is rigged.

The NBA, as a system, heavily favors teams like the Lakers. That undeniable. The league has gotten a lot better with it, especially with the new CBA, which did wonders for the game and has renewed my faith in the future (NO ONE is talking about it but the new CBA is awesome for competitive balance), but the problems are still there.

It isn't irrational or blind hatred to be suspicious of how the league doles out suspensions, especially since it is a rather arbitrary process.

LOL. Does it favor memphis too?

The WWE is staged.

The NBA is rigged.

Yeah man, NYK is great every year because thayre a bug market. Or something. And the spurs would be good if things werent rigged

Btw im pretty sure I thought love should have gotten 5 gsmes or do for that

Big market teams have an advantage because they have an advantage in attracting big name players and more money to spend.

This is not evidence for being rigged. The NBA does not actively do things to make it easier for those teams to do better. It does not officiate the Lakers differently. It does not suspend their players less. It also doesn't guarantee big market teams will not be stupid (see: Knicks)

Those type of beliefs are unmerited and delusional.

Again, Mamba's little trolling experiment showed people's true colors. People were pointing to 'Laker suspensions' when they thought Artest only got 2 games.

Kevin Love getting 2 games for what he did to Scola?

How about Jason Smith only getting a game for what he did to Blake?

Robin Lopez getting no games for what he did?

No outrage on the scale we just saw with Artest.

If any of those players were Lakers, there would be outrage all over the thread, as evidenced by the results of Mamba's experiment.

Can we wait until RonRon is actually suspended before we make any OMG RIGGED or OMGERRBODY HATES THE LAKERS stuff?

Not really. Mamba's experiment already outed a lot of peeps.

SUPREME1

Banned

The WWE is staged.

The NBA is rigged.

It is when you yourself are irrational and/or are filled with hatred towards the Lakers.

What else would explain you mocking a little girl's eye cancer? What rational person would go there?

BobLoblaw

Banned

The WWE is staged.

The NBA is rigged.

The fact that Stern turned down the CP3 to Lakers trade kinda kills this argument. Plus, you're right. The new CBA will do amazing things for the leagues, but it also penalizes the Lakers far more than any other. If it wasn't for their tv deal keeping the money coming in, they'd be a .500 team in 3-4 years.

The WWE is staged.

The NBA is rigged.

So the 4 Spurs titles are bogus? Should there be asterisks? They don't count because they came in a "rigged" era and sport? Why do you celebrate them then? You have no earthly idea what the fuck you are talking about. The NBA favors teams with superstar players, and always has, because one player can affect the game moreso than in any other sport. This is why the Spurs can win ONE draft lottery and be set for 10-15 years. This has historically been an advantage for the Lakers because they play in a desirable destination, have a ton of history and legacy, and have had one of the best front offices in sports for the last 30 years. The NBA doesn't have to do shit to "help" them.

pilonv1

He's right though.

When i was looking there were plenty of stupid pricing ranges put up.

"High $400,000's" when i searched for low $400's? then why list your property to show up in that range? fuck off and die.

Housing in the San Francisco is probably as stupidly expensive as Sydney though.

Not really. Mamba's experiment already outed a lot of peeps.
I thought Bynum should have gotten harder suspensions, and Mamba's troll suspension length supported that idea. O don't see how that makes me a hater, as Ron getting only 2 games for that elbow would make a claim like that a lot more valid. You have to take into account what he posted.

I thought Bynum should have gotten harder suspensions, and Mamba's troll suspension length supported that idea. O don't see how that makes me a hater, as Ron getting only 2 games for that elbow would make a claim like that a lot more valid. You have to take into account what he posted.

Ok, be honest.

If that same play happens and involves another player not named Ron Artest and/or MWP and he doesn't play for the Lakers. Would you be enraged like that? Probably not.

Your guy Love got 2 games for Ndamukong Suh-ing Scola and there was hardly any outrage and certainly not from you.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/sto...ristie-says-good-riddance-brooklyn-bound-nets

NEWARK, N.J. -- The New Jersey Nets are playing their final game in New Jersey on Monday night and leaving for Brooklyn at the end of this season, but the governor of New Jersey isn't about to get all nostalgic over it.

"I'm not going to the Nets game (Monday night) and my message to the Nets is 'goodbye,' " Chris Christie said Monday, according to The Associated Press. "They want to leave here and go to Brooklyn? Good riddance."

Christie said that if the Nets didn't want to stay in New Jersey, the state didn't want them. He said the team spent the last two seasons in one of the country's most vibrant cities and he sarcastically said they were leaving for Brooklyn.

"(The Prudential Center is) one of the most beautiful arenas in America they have a chance to play in (L.O.L), it's in one of the country's most vibrant cities (L.M.A.O), and they want to leave here and go to Brooklyn?" Christie asked. "Good riddance, see you later. I think there'll be some other NBA team who may be looking to relocate and they might look at that arena and the fan base in the New Jersey and New York area and say, 'This is an opportunity to increase our fan base and try something different.' "

During their time in New Jersey, the Nets have compiled an NBA record of 1,186-1,634 (.421). They have reached the postseason 16 times and the Finals twice (2002-2003), losing both times.

"You don't want to stay, we don't want you,"
Christie said.

lol, DAT inferiority complex

I love how everybody points the the Spurs as if converting late draft picks into all-stars year after year is a real strategy and not a outlier caused by exceptional coaching/scouting that no other team has access to. There is only one Gregg Popovich fellas.

You know whats a consistent strategy? Getting a superstar every odd year because the weather is warm, the cap rules are broken, and sign & trades enable stars mobility that bird rights try to avoid. Any bozo can manage a team like that to success. Hence 17 championships.

Does Laker age really want to go down this path? We've had this argument before and its been silly lopsided every time. The Bobcats have immeasurably worse chances than the Lakers every year. A championship by a Bobcats team would be more impressive to me than 10 Laker championships. The playing field is not fair, the competitors are not equal. aka the league is rigged. Not staged, but definitely rigged.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I love how everybody points the the Spurs as if converting late draft picks into all-stars year after year is a real strategy and not a outlier caused by exceptional coaching/scouting that no other team has access to. There is only one Gregg Popovich fellas.

You know whats a consistent strategy? Getting a superstar every odd year because the weather is warm, the cap rules are broken, and sign & trades enable stars mobility that bird rights try to avoid. Any bozo can manage a team like that to success. Hence 17 championships.

Does Laker age really want to go down this path? We've had this argument before and its been silly lopsided every time. The Bobcats have immeasurably worse chances than the Lakers every year. A championship by a Bobcats team would be more impressive to me than 10 Laker championships. The playing field is not fair, the competitors are not equal. aka the league is rigged.
Don't forget tanking.

Canuck76

Banned
If Bias's were real that would be amazing. Every screw up the Blazers have made in their history wouldn't have been self-inflicted.

Top Bottom