• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
When it was time to replace Beard, Taub tried to hire Rick Pitino from Kentucky and settled for John Calipari, another insulated college type who flamed out of his first professional job on Selena Roberts’s watch for The Times.

“I remember once we were talking about the state of the Nets and Calipari asked me out of frustration, ‘Why aren’t you buying in?’ as if that was the media’s role,” Roberts said. “The real trouble was that his players weren’t buying in. And yet for months, Cal pushed on with a remarkable, upbeat energy — until the moment he snapped. That was the afternoon he called The Star-Ledger’s Dan Garcia a ‘Mexican idiot’ across a parking lot.”

Calipari was reprimanded by the Nets and the league for that 1997 incident, and was fired 20 games into his third season. When the team flew to Toronto from Miami without him, he insisted on following it to deliver the news himself. One problem: Ray Chambers, a new co-owner, had arranged for Tony Robbins, the motivational speaker, to address the team in Toronto. By the time Calipari got to address the players, Robbins had informed them that Don Casey would be their new coach.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/23/s...35-years-an-often-sorry-state-of-affairs.html

Harden did not flop or stay down longer. No man's head is ready for an elbow by a man as strong as Ron using that much force. If Ron was on a ladder and did that to Shaq, Shaq would have been on the floor just as long.

That said, I fully believe Harden approached Ron looking to do something, like get pushed or flop or something. Harden had no reason to run into Ron there and it clearly wasn't on accident.

Harden learned a good lesson, though. Never run into a crazy person high on emotion. I bet he doesn't do that one, again.

I'm sure if anything, Ron was sending a strong message to him. Remember that one time when Scola was playing dirty and Fisher (lol) shoulder tackled the fool?

Jeff-DSA

Harden going to post a guest editorial on ESPN entitled, "I did not flop, but if I did flop, you all saw how I would have done it."

Before watching the video again, I had thought that Harden was doing what a defender does when in close proximity to someone after a made basket.

After watching it again, Harden did go up to Ron with some purpose. I don't know what he was trying to do, but he didn't expect a fully elbow swing to his head/neck area.

Harden going to post a guest editorial on ESPN entitled, "I did not flop, but if I did flop, you all saw how I would have done it."

LOL, might as well change it "I was going to flop, but damn... I got hit for reals! It really hurt."

lol, Ron is not calculated like Fish. Ron was on pure adrenaline and emotion at that moment.

You're probably right. I still think he did it on purpose though, although I WANT to believe he didn't.

VPhys

Reports are Gloria Alred is headed to Staples center right now. The Artest situation is getting more serious by the minute.

Reports are Gloria Alred is headed to Staples center right now. The Artest situation is getting more serious by the minute.

She is such an attention whore. I cannot stand that woman. Embodies everything that is wrong with lawyers.

You're probably right. I still think he did it on purpose though, although I WANT to believe he didn't.

Oh, he knew he was elbowing Harden. I'm just saying he didn't plan it, like Fish did. Artest just lost his head for a few seconds. Fish saw the team needed a pick me up boost and to get physical and planned for it.

I don't think James Harden did a single thing wrong on that particular play.

From the looks of the replay he was spreading out in anticipation of The Thunder's in-bound play and just happened to bump into Ron.

Owzers

No one's ever been hurt by a discount double check. There's just no way that elbow was part of Artest's celebration unless chest beating spontaneously mutates into wild elbow throwing midway through.

Semi-famous attorney to the stars. Also an attention whore who loves to attach herself to "high-profile" or controversial cases.

So it's really not getting serious and she's just trying to hog a non-existent case? I just want the NBA to review and suspend MWP already. I want to know for how long.

Furthermore why NBA players are a joke.

SHAQ-HAS-A-STROKE.gif

Nice to see that Laker players can still try to inflict major harm on other players and get nothing in suspension despite already having an awful trackrecord as well.

thekad

Banned
Oh, he knew he was elbowing Harden. I'm just saying he didn't plan it, like Fish did. Artest just lost his head for a few seconds. Fish saw the team needed a pick me up boost and to get physical and planned for it.

So Fisher's cheap shot was okay?

Lakers fans lol

Gabyskra

Banned
I can't believe the Spurs are leading, when they have played their best players so little.
Parker, 59 games, 32 min.
Duncan, 57 games, 28 min.
Ginobili, 33 games, 23 min.

Pop is a genius. I don't get it if he's not COY.

SUPREME1

Banned
Sounds about right. I think they took into consideration, four things:

1. Soften's history of theatrics (faking/exaggerating contact/injury)
2. Soften's intentions when he inexplicably approached an unsuspecting Ron Artest
3. Ron's stellar record since joining the Lakers; good citizenship award etc
4. Stern's ass-raping of the Lakers a.k.a. the CP3 scandal

Now that a level-headed NBA FO has acted, let us move on.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Twofucking games are you serious?

Stars like Lebron Kobe Durant rose etc better watch the fuck out because apparently as long as you pretend to look away you can clobber guys without much of a consequence.

Some star is going to get hurt bad this post season because of this id bet anything.

Stars like Lebron Kobe Durant rose etc better watch the fuck out because apparently as long as you pretend to look away you can clobber guys without much of a consequence.

Some star is going to get hurt bad this post season because of this id bet anything.

welcome to 80s and early 90s brand basketball, you delicate flower you.

SUPREME1

Banned

Challenge accepted.

1 month avatar bet , begining the day after the last Finals game?

Yes/no?

Top Bottom