• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

SUPREME1

Banned
TCB must have blocked 2001 from his memory. Fisher not only buried the spurs, he kicked dirt on the dead corpses in that series. 28-6-5 to send them home on 85% shooting (6 of 7 from 3).

15 of 20 from the 3-line that series (then an NBA record).

Pretty damning info against Billy there, that shady fuck. Get in that ass, Fish. Woj is also the perfect guy to be dropping this info as he's pretty respected compared to other sports journalists.

Fish: Michael Corleone

Hunter: Hyman Roth

Emwitus

15 of 20 from the 3-line that series (then an NBA record).

Pretty damning info against Billy there, that shady fuck. Get in that ass, Fish. Woj is also the perfect guy to be dropping this info as he's pretty respected compared to other sports journalists.

Fish: Michael Corleone

Hunter: Hyman Roth

Derek fisher poster on allen iverson.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IosPPe_fAbs

Nori Chan

Any of you guys still play gears? I got a code to unlock the jack in the box skin from like months ago. Just felt like giving it to the guys in here

Branduil

First team: Love, Bynum
Second team: Griffin, Dwight
Third team: Pau, Al Jefferson

Third team is my biggest contention along with Bum being on First team. Somehow people are dismissing Duncan's fantastic season on the best team in the league (15.4/9/2.3/1.5 in 28MPG).

Hollinger is a joke. Griffin doesn't belong on any All-NBA team.

Vahagn

Dirk: 22 ppg. 56% TS
Pau: 17 ppg, 55% TS

I can't believe the delusional "Pau is better than Dirk!" meme is back already.

I am, and have been a huge Dirk supporter. But he basically mailed in half a season. He lost a lot of credibility and respect after doing that, legitimately so.

Dirk was awful to start the season and had to take time off. Pau's defense and rebounding and passing is better. Nearly 4 more rebounds per game. Pau played more and was more consistent.

I still think Dirk is the better player, but he didn't have the better season.

So what does it say when mailed-in Dirk is still better than Pau?

Dirk was a better scorer. Pau was a better everything else.

Vahagn

So what does it say when mailed-in Dirk is still better than Pau?

Except he's not. He is, and always has been, a better pure scorer. But He's not a better rebounder, passer, or defender.

He's the better overall player, but as Mamba said, he didn't have the better overall season...stop with the lifetime achievement awards.

Vahagn

Mavs would have missed the playoffs if you replace Dirk with Pau.

And Mavs would have been a top 3 seed if you replaced asstastic Dirk with normal, real Dirk. You don't get to win awards after mailing in a season and showing up out of shape. It's like Carmelo now. Sure he's been great for a month, but he's been ass for the rest of it

Dirk was the best player in the league last year, this year he doesn't deserve to be consider a top 3 pf. For the second half of the season yea, but not all 66 games.

Tom Penny

I just realised how lame those flopping Clippers are. Couldn't beat ATL and give home court to the C'z not that they really need it but fuck em... they suck regardless.

Mavs would have missed the playoffs if you replace Dirk with Pau.

Didn't Mavs go 4-0 without Dirk this year?

I think Dallas would be in the same spot with Pau over Dirk, tbh, if we're assuming Dirk plays so shitty for a month. Mavs pick up some wins in January they didn't this year, lose some games later on.

Laker fan all-NBA teams

Chicago: 0?
San Antonio: 1?
OKC: 1
Miami: 2
Indiana: 0
Memphis: 0
Boston: 1?
New York: 0
Atlanta: 0
Clippers: 2?
Dallas: 0?
Philly: 0
Orlando: 1
Denver: 0
Utah: 0
The Los Angeles Lakers: 3. no doubt about it. Three.

Branduil

Didn't Mavs go 4-0 without Dirk this year?

I think Dallas would be in the same spot with Pau over Dirk, tbh, if we're assuming Dirk plays so shitty for a month. Mavs pick up some wins in January they didn't this year, lose some games later on.

Pau would get destroyed on this team. The Mavs would have even less offense than they already do, they would have no go-to options in crunch time. Imagine how "good" the Lakers would be if you replaced Kobe with Jason Terry and Bynum with Haywood.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Going to the Knicks game tonight, bitches.

I hope Tyson makes Griffin his towel boy.

Canuck76

Banned
I think Lamarcus has a legit claim to the third team. Only thing Pau is better at is rebounding (only averages 2 rebounds more) and passing, but only because dude has someone to pass to. Lamarcus would def have some assists if people on the Blazers could shoot.

And L.M.A is averaging 6pts more. And that's when he's double teamed and the main focus of the defense because he has no kobe or bynum to take pressure off.

Laker fan all-NBA teams

11 players to account for 15 slots. No wonder you think of The Spurs so highly.

Here's another math lesson: 5>4

Laker fan all-NBA teams

Lakers were a 3 headed team. Did the Spurs play guys like Fisher and MWP as many minutes.

How exactly did the Lakers win 40 games? Depth? Come on people. Everyone says the lakers have no depth and Fisher/MWP are trash but don't want to credit Kobe/Pau/Bynum for winning over 40 games and having a top 6 NBA record.

Can't have it both ways.

Pau would get destroyed on this team. The Mavs would have even less offense than they already do, they would have no go-to options in crunch time. Imagine how "good" the Lakers would be if you replaced Kobe with Jason Terry and Bynum with Haywood.

Just like the Lakers offense would crater without Kobe? All that happened was Pau took more control of the offense, putting up over 20 without Kobe. And the Lakers would have no go to end of game offense, right? How did they beat the Mavs, again?

Also, Kobe to Terry and Bynum to haywood is not anywhere NEAR comparable to Dirk vs Pau. please, brandi.

Canuck > I think the 11 missed games did him in. If he played 60, I think LMA would be ahead. That's a lot to miss in a 66 game season. Almost 20%

11 players to account for 15 slots. No wonder you think of The Spurs so highly.

Here's another math lesson: 5>4

Yes because I listed every team in the association. Cause guys like Kevin Love and Lamarcus Aldridge don't exist.

But go on, Moris, tell me how every girl has oh so sharp knees and you wouldn't dare touch them with your diamond-laced penis.

Canuck76

Banned
Yes because I listed every team in the association. Cause guys like Kevin Love and Lamarcus Aldridge don't exist.

But go on, Moris, tell me how every girl has oh so sharp knees and you wouldn't dare touch them with your diamond-laced penis.

L.M.A should be considered but Pau above Kevin Love?

Child please

Lakers were a 3 headed team. Did the Spurs play guys like Fisher and MWP as many minutes.

How exactly did the Lakers win 40 games? Depth? Come on people. Everyone says the lakers have no depth and Fisher/MWP are trash but don't want to credit Kobe/Pau/Bynum for winning over 40 games and having a top 6 NBA record.

Can't have it both ways.

So.

Forget Pau Gasol cause you are obviously a homer.

You are going to put Kevin Garnett and Tyson Chandler on all-NBA teams but leave out the man who just won Finals MVP.

And you justify this, how?

L.M.A should be considered but Pau above Kevin Love?

Child please

I never said Pau over Kevin Love...what are you reading?

Kevin Love is 1st team without a doubt. I don't care if you have to call Durant a guard to do it.

I wouldn't even put Pau at third team. LMA probably deserves it more despite only playing in 50 or so games.

Dirks shitty start to the season puts him out of contention for me.

edit: 2011 finals MVP PF isn't 2012 top 3 PF because it isn't 2011.

SUPREME1

Banned
I wouldn't even put Pau at third team. LMA probably deserves it more despite only playing in 50 or so games.

Dirks shitty start to the season puts him out of contention for me.

edit: 2011 finals MVP PF isn't 2012 top 3 PF because it isn't 2011.

Any top tier player can have a hot month. Dirk shouldn't be on any ALL NBA TEAM this year.

Emwitus

LOL. Understandble though, if the last time you watched pau play was lakers getting swept last season and the 4 times he has outplayed dirk this year.

So.

Forget Pau Gasol cause you are obviously a homer.

You are going to put Kevin Garnett and Tyson Chandler on all-NBA teams but leave out the man who just won Finals MVP.

And you justify this, how?

What does last season have to do with anything? Might as well give Duncan DPOY! Think about 2005, fellas!

Dirk vs KG would be close. KG also had an ass-tastic 1st month. Tyson is a C, not a forward...

What does last season have to do with anything? Might as well give Duncan DPOY! Think about 2005, fellas!

You are literally comparing Dirk to the guy he just torched less than a year ago, and saying Dirk is worse because 41 wins is so much better than 36 that it deserves 3 more all-NBA selections.

This is literally your argument

smh

Top Bottom