• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

Yo, what is up with all the seed locked teams resting their all stars and Kobe is going for the scoring title? Mike Brown should tell him to STFU and sit on that damn bench. Be Luke Walton for a day. If he gets injured tomorrow, I'm gonna have to shoot someone.

Yo, what is up with all the seed locked teams resting their all stars and Kobe is going for the scoring title? Mike Brown should tell him to STFU and sit on that damn bench. Be Luke Walton for a day. If he gets injured tomorrow, I'm gonna have to shoot someone.

Kobe's not doing anything that will get him hurt tomorrow.

ISO 15 footers and Asshole 3s are the only things on the menu.

If the seeds are locked and Kobe goes for the scoring title that's on Kobe, not Mike Brown.

I don't think he'll play...

Kobe hates Sacramento and he literally needs 38 to get the title.

You and I both know that fucker is gonna play.

Kobe isn't going to play much. Not enough for the scoring title.

Kobe, IMO, will play because it will be the last chance Sac might have to ever see him and Kobe is big on giving road fans a chance to see him because they don't have the luxury of LA fans to go to a game whenever (even for a steep price).

18-22 min tops IMO.

SACRAMENTO -- With the No. 3 seed in the Western Conference playoffs already locked up heading into Thursday's regular-season finale against the Sacramento Kings, the Los Angeles Lakers' coaching staff is planning to sit the team's stars and use the game as a talent evaluator for its young players.

With one caveat: Kobe Bryant could be the lone starter lacing them up with the substitutes

Kobe's not doing anything that will get him hurt tomorrow.

ISO 15 footers and Asshole 3s are the only things on the menu.

Kobe hates Sacramento and he literally needs 38 to get the title.

You and I both know that fucker is gonna play.

If it was a few years ago I think so. But I think old Kobe is wiser Kobe. I'm betting he'll sit.

linsivvi

Kobe isn't going to play much. Not enough for the scoring title.

Kobe, IMO, will play because it will be the last chance Sac might have to ever see him and Kobe is big on giving road fans a chance to see him because they don't have the luxury of LA fans to go to a game whenever (even for a steep price).

18-22 min tops IMO.

He shouldn't play a single minute and I think he's wise enough to not go for the scoring title.

Initially I thought this would be the last game at Sacramento but some have corrected me that it's too late for the Kings to apply for a move, so they will be back next season. I think that's the case since last season they applied for an extension of the deadline when considering the move. Haven't heard such a thing this year.

He shouldn't play a single minute and I think he's wise enough to not go for the scoring title.

You've been watching Kobe as long as the rest of us.

NrSQu.jpg

You know how he is.

You've been watching Kobe as long as the rest of us.

NrSQu.jpg

You know how he is.

I know how he was. We will see tomorrow!

He just seems to have a different demeanor this year. He may play but I think just to stay warm.

lol, this is pretty much the only way I'm staying interested in the regular season through tomorrow.

I'm gonna love the next couple of week's schedule at Staples..

Possible 3 games in one day?

Clips game at 9, Laker game at 2:30 maybe 3, Kings game at 8:30-9pm..All Pacific

yikes!!

giri

Clips game at 9, Laker game at 2:30 maybe 3, Kings game at 8:30-9pm..All Pacific

yikes!!

... the next kings/lakers game (tomorrow) is the last of the regular season for either team i believe.

yikes!!

Won't happen. Most you'll have on the same day is 2 teams, plus if the Clips start on the road, the Lakers will be on an alternate schedule anyway.

... the next kings/lakers game (tomorrow) is the last of the regular season for either team i believe.

LA Kings

Canuck76

Banned
Giri i want a Nash retrospective vid by 6:00 Friday.

I would recommend "I don't want a miss a thing" by Aerosmith for the soundtrack

You have permission to use YNB stupidity clips to compare and contrast terrible PG's and great PG's

linsivvi

Thunder vs Mavs 1st round? Brandy is gonna choke a someone.

I'm interested in the Grizzlies-Clipper series. Griffin is gonna fail so bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXM2p1CIMlY

The flopping is FIBA-esque bad. Lopez didn't even hit him in the area he's holding.

I thought that was one of the legit fragrant foul. He hit him right on top of his head before hitting the other areas. That's a very dangerous foul even if you assume Griffin acted a little bit.

The Clippers lost their regular-season finale at New York to drop their record to 16-17 on the road. The Clippers franchise, which entered the NBA in 1970 and has existed as the Buffalo Braves, San Diego Clippers and Los Angeles Clippers, has never finished a season with a .500 or better record in road games. The closest they came before this season was in 2005-06 (20-21). Their streak of 42 consecutive seasons with a losing road record is the longest such streak in NBA history.

geez...

r6uFG.png

ESPN filling Dy with dat rage.

Vahagn

That was awesome

72 points was unheard of

I bet he took less shots than Kobe's 81.

You do know Kobe shot 60% fg/53% 3pt/90% FT in that 81 point game right?

He got there in 46 shots...almost 2 points per shot. Robinson took 5 less shots...but he's a big, he should convert at a higher clip anyway.

Can't really criticize either performance as both were ridiculously efficient.

Also, I'd be disappointed in Kobe if he didn't go for it tomorrow. All you need is a relatively pedestrian 38 point game to lock up a trophy? I would hope the dude cares enough about his own legacy, and is competitive enough to go for it.

Getting a 6th ring and getting the scoring title this year aren't mutually exclusive...it makes 0 sense to not go for it tomorrow, and I'd personally be disappointed in his competitiveness if he gave something up that easily. Besides, it's Kobe's award anyway. He's had the lead all season and came down to Durant's average due to injuries...it isn't as if Durant raised his own scoring dramatically and passed Kobe. It wouldn't seem right to be winning a season long award that KD was in the lead for a grand total of like 5 days.

Does this forum really not have any form of collapse tags? I want to post the gif/photoshop nominees but the post is way (way) too large. I don't wanna crash people's phone browsers

Top Bottom