• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

Gabyskra

Banned
geez...

r6uFG.png

ESPN filling Dy with dat rage.

That's probably the only way the lolcats will ever make history.

Knicks will rest everyone though. I don't know if I'll watch live, but I kinda feel like it could be worth it just to see JR go nuts on them.

KingGondo

Banned
Darnell Mayberry said:
There’s four criteria for evaluating how good a dunk really is, with the nastiness of the dunk increasing at each level. 1) you raise your eyebrows, 2) you scrunch up your face like you smelled some spoiled milk, 3) you lean back in your seat, spread your eyelids as wide as possible and cover put a closed fist to your mouth while you bellow “Ohhhhh $***” and 4) you jump out of your seat and briefly forget where you are.
Enjoyed this, and it's so true.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
LOL I forgot all about this stuff

The main problem I have with Brown's testimony is that he willingly ignores that the people there when he was coach were the ones saying yes to him. Brown is compulsively yearning for what we have come to know as "Larry Brown players," ie. defensive-minded versatile guys. The only issue is that these guys are often short in supply and the ones he wanted were overpaid. Then they had to fill the holes, like at center. So hello Gana Diop.

So Larry Brown, I used to like you but that was an error. Your willing ignorance of your own influence on the Bobcats' current position is facepalm-worthy.

It's well known that Larry Brown wanted DJ Augustin when MJ and Co. wanted Brook Lopez, so its quite ironic that he's calling the front office yes men to MJ when all of them conceded to his pick.

4 letters to prove Larry was the most vocal of 'the guys around him' that didn't have a clue: D I O P

Larry ran the price up on Diop in the summer he was hired, and forced Dallas to sign him to a hideous contract, which we traded for 2 1/2 months into the season because Larry was throwing a tantrum about how good of a defensive player Diop is. We sent Matt Carroll's $5M declining contract and Ryan Hollin's $1M expiring contract for Diop's $6 escalating contract. Matt Carroll's contract is down to $3.5M and Diop's will be $7.5M next year.

Larry Brown has no friends anymore haha

thekad

Banned
I just realized we're over 20K. Do we need a temp thread for the last few days of this month?

Today's the last day of the regular season. Playoffs thread will go up tonight.

For reilo: 2012 NBA Playoffs |OT| The Strange Case of Russell and YNB

For DY: 2012 NBA Offseason |OT| Tanks for the Memories

Emwitus

On christian eyenga,

Brown admittedly knows very little about the Congolese product's game, but in an odd bit of coincidence, coached the kid as a teenager during a Basketball Without Borders camp in Africa.

How awesome is that!

Rockets choked their way out of the playoffs, but Mem ended the season on a 5 game win streak and clips end with back to back losses. If Memphis win their last game and get hca against the clips then the Clips will start the playoffs with a pretty big choke.

Meier

Even though we're limping into the playoffs, this has been one of the worst seasons for the Magic in a long time. I barely have even followed the team beyond checking the scores. I feel like the whole Dwight saga really drained some of my passion. I wish we'd missed the playoffs frankly so that we could actually draft a potential difference maker.

I think we can beat Indiana potentially but there's no way we make it further. As long as the Heat don't win the title, I'll be fine with whatever happens in the playoffs.

I think I might be the only person in NBA-GAF that thinks that the Clippers are going to beat the Grizzlies, lol.

Then again, Z-bo apparently got his knee brace off a couple days ago so maybe he'll play better in the playoffs than he has this year.

I'm fully ready to get swept by the Spurs but 4 more games of G-Time and Favors is never a bad thing.

Favors will explode to will the Jazz to a Game 3 victory so it will be pushed to 5. Maybe.

thekad

Banned
^Needs to have a .gif of Francisco Garcia facepalming and Thornton looking like he just got caught masturbating at work in the OP

I think the Clippers might beat the Grizzlies, too. CP3 has at least two all-time games in him for that series.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Even though we're limping into the playoffs, this has been one of the worst seasons for the Magic in a long time. I barely have even followed the team beyond checking the scores. I feel like the whole Dwight saga really drained some of my passion. I wish we'd missed the playoffs frankly so that we could actually draft a potential difference maker.

I think we can beat Indiana potentially but there's no way we make it further. As long as the Heat don't win the title, I'll be fine with whatever happens in the playoffs.

Blame Otis. Fool should've traded him for anything at all before the deadline. Pull the trigger on any LA deal with Bynum in it. Now you won't get anything for a dude with a bum back.

Alright, heres how I'm gonna do it. I'm putting a URL tag around the images. If you want to see the nominees, quote this post, remove the URL tags, and preview post. If you are on a PC/laptop its actually not that bad but don't do it from your phone.

[IMG]http://27.media.tumblr.com/t...gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=1820914&t=o[/img]

I'm gonna shorten/expand the list some more, but I need your help. What am I missing? What should I add? Here are links to the main OPs of the season; search through them to find gifs you think should be added to the nominee pool:

Offseason
Offseason 2
Offseason 3
December/January
January 2
Febuary
Febuary 2
March
March 2
April

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Honestly I couldn't possibly disagree anymore.

The team is playing harder now without Dwight than I have ever seen them play with Dwight in the last few years. It's absolutely refreshing honestly. All the players on the team could have just mailed it in and quit on Stan once Dwight went down but it's more like they are united in trying to give Dwight a big giant fuck you.

The offense is actually fun to watch now. There are tons of pick and rolls, lots of ball movement, fast paced and of course tons of 3 point shots.

Blame Otis. Fool should've traded him for anything at all before the deadline. Pull the trigger on any LA deal with Bynum in it. Now you won't get anything for a dude with a bum back.

Like Mitch Cupcake would accept any deal that doesn't involve Dwight inking an extension (which he wont do in LA)

Top Bottom