• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

Oh man, you know what'd be awesome?

If instead of the Spurs facing the Warriors tonight, it'd be the Jazz.

If the Jazz lose, they (essentially) guarantee themselves a high draft pick. If the Warriors lose, they would greatly increase their chances at top 7.

The ultimate tank war.

35kzvh.jpg

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
SI said:
And aside from Rubio, Kahn's record on high-level lottery picks has been dreadful. In the last seven years, only six players taken among the first six picks have averaged fewer than 10 points and five rebounds or five assists while shooting less than 42 percent. Three of them -- Jonny Flynn, Wes Johnson and Derrick Williams -- were drafted by Kahn, who also traded for a fourth one, Martell Webster, in a deal with Portland two years ago.

And he just got a contract extension.

(I still have hope for Williams, though.)

will Philly tank? Hold out Lou, Evan, Iggy, Brand etc?

Iggy, Brand and Thad are out tonight. Lou didn't play last night but probably will tonight, meaning Jrue probably will sit. Turner was probably told to tank but due to him hating Doug probably will drop 30.

We won't lose to the Pistons tho....Collins has too much pride. Otherwise we wouldn't even be in the playoffs right now.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Apparently Portland said that they wouldn't even entertain a S&T for DJ and that they'd just wait until the offseason to sign him outright knowing the Bobcats won't match lolz

Time for a new avatar. DJ is going to die in Portland.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Apparently Portland said that they wouldn't even entertain a S&T for DJ and that they'd just wait until the offseason to sign him outright knowing the Bobcats won't match lolz

Time for a new avatar. DJ is going to die in Portland.

Link?

Starting Lineup for the Sixers Tonight

PG - Turner
SG - Meeks
SF - Brackins
PF - Allen
C - Hawes

Craig Motherfuckin Brackins?

aww yeah. We in there

giri

And he just got a contract extension.

(I still have hope for Williams, though.)

Williams will be fine. And it's not like Turner is setting the world alight.

Love DMC Pek and Williams would be one hell of a stacked front court though.

The worst pick of them all though is the Flynn pick. That was just bad.

DY_nasty

Same dude who's been airing out all of Bobcats lockerroom shit over the past 3 years.

He's pretty much shitting on Bonnell off the record for assuming that the Bobcats can swing DJ for a pick in a S&T while just about every team in the league (except Toronto lol) thinks that Charlotte won't match a dime. Portland contacted DJ's agent off the record back when the 21/3 offer was made.

Wesley Johnson is pretty bad.

Flynn at least had that 6 overtime game..and wasn't 24 at the time of the draft.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!

Jonny and Wes are really 1 and 1a. Just terrible.

But I just think this was a bad year for Williams to come into the league. Really condensed, no practice time, and he hit the rookie wall early. He was told in his exit interview to get down to like 225-230 to play the 3 next season. Here's hoping.

giri

Wesley Johnson is pretty bad.

Flynn at least had that 6 overtime game..and wasn't 24 at the time of the draft.

My point was, the only other wing that was taken after him, Gordon Haywood, was a massive gamble for utah to take at 9. Let alone at 4 where the wolves drafted. And they were seeking a wing player to put alongside rubio.

And the only other players drafted later that are really doing work, DMC and Monroe, weren't really a need for them at the time.

Flynn was the worst pick because there was a lot of talent still left on the board.

But I just think this was a bad year for Williams to come into the league. Really condensed, no practice time, and he hit the rookie wall early. He was told in his exit interview to get down to like 225-230 to play the 3 next season. Here's hoping.

I said all year he's a 3. Like Josh Smith is a 3. He seems to have a decent outside stroke, just needs to get it a bit more consistent. Drop some weight. And he'll be fine.

Man this last week has been so boring, we need the playoffs already. Lebatard has a term, the coward wagon, for Heat fans that don't want the Knicks in the first round, I'm on the wagon. Of course I think we will beat them but you know path of least resistance. Well it would make for much better TV though.

I do like the path of least resistance but, I think it'd be great if we got challenged before we hit the ECF or the Finals. I'd rather have our team face adversity earlier rather than realize that we're in deep shit as we're losing game 5 of the finals.

Boston and Chi were tough but those didn't get past 5 games nor were we ever close to elimination

DY_nasty

giri, when's the last time you saw Wes play? The kid can't do anything on the court.
Bobcats aren't going to beat novakhiin,jr swish,shumsdagod.
only if Kemba aka LION KING aka KEMBO SLICE aka E-Z PASS aka BLACK LIGHTNING shows up

Williams could end up being a good player.

I still think Wes is better than Jonny. At least Wes plays a little D. Jonny also had the ball in his hands at all times, which multiplied his effect on the team tenfold.

Prediction for tonight! Lakers lose, Memphis wins, Spurs win, Bulls win, Philly loses, Bobcats beat Knicks, Miami retires Biyombo's jersey, Denver wins, Atlanta wins, and Celtics fans are still racist.

Damn, Collins is holding out Lou, too?

It's the Tank-off tonight.

All of this is funny for us since we probably will get our asses renovated no matter who we play.

But this is for the 15th pick, son. Gotta tank for our newest mediocre prospect.

XAVIER SILAS FUTURES

As they looked ahead to the start of the NBA playoffs, LeBron James and Dwyane Wade noted Thursday how they've come together in their thinking about late-game situations.

But there is one significant difference between the Miami Heat stars when it comes to the notion of whether this season would be a "failure" without championship.

Wade said yes; James said no."The season won't be a failure," James said. "You put too much work into a season to automatically call it a failure, but it would be a disappointment.

"This is our goal. This is what we've come together for. A failure is a strong word. We commit ourselves and we dedicate our season, we work hard every day and to automatically say it's a failure, I think that's a big word. But I think it'd be a disappointment, because that's what you work hard for every day."

Wade was more definitive.

"I say yes," he said. "There's only one champion. It's a failure for every other team. If you don't win a championship, you had a failed year."

No

NO

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Top Bottom