• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

All 3 of these guys are morons. Sticking up for the obvious bitch in this situation.

What? They've blamed Howard a lot. But they're right, SVG has lost the team completely. He can't coach it, anymore. And SVG should never have said anything unless he wants to be fired, which I think he does.

Alex Kennedy
Source close to Dwight Howard described the center as "livid" that Stan Van Gundy aired dirty laundry and gave credence to rumors.

Duki

Banned
What? They've blamed Howard a lot. But they're right, SVG has lost the team completely. He can't coach it, anymore. And SVG should never have said anything unless he wants to be fired, which I think he does.

or unless he knows he already is

i.e.

in the meeting they told him that trying to keep howard was why they werent renewing his contract after this year

masud

Banned
i

Aw yeah...

Who wouldn't want to rid themself of a situation where the star player is smiling and laughing in every other game???

Dwight Howard is a toxin and Orlando should unload him ASAP next year. Not to mention that his offensive game is barely better than it was when he entered the league.

If you ask me, SVG has done a great job with the team he's been given. He's pretty much coaching an all star center and garbage that no one else wanted like Big Baby. Blame Otis for the shitty talent he has. Not even Popovich could work wonders with this team.

Also, Dwight Howard has zero tact. It's downright comical that he's trying to come away smelling like roses when it's obvious to everyone that he's the cause of most of the drama.

Dwight is a phony. I can't blame Stan for wanting to spend some time with his kids at this point. The Magic aren't doing anything this season anyway.

I just saw Blake Griffin vs. Pau Gasol...

holy shit... no words.

I agree with Charles, if you are going to call that swim move where an offensive player sweeps their arm to get by you, why are players allowed to literally use their arms/elbows to use you as a springboard or gain leverage???

It was funny though.

Dwight Howard is a toxin and Orlando should unload him ASAP next year. Not to mention that his offensive game is barely better than it was when he entered the league.

If you ask me, SVG has done a great job with the team he's been given. He's pretty much coaching an all star center and garbage that no one else wanted like Big Baby. Blame Otis for the shitty talent he has. Not even Popovich could work wonders with this team.

Also, Dwight Howard has zero tact. It's downright comical that he's trying to come away smelling like roses when it's obvious to everyone that he's the cause of most of the drama.

Yeah because getting a decent coach is really difficult whereas MVP-caliber players are everywhere.

He exposed Dwight as the bitch he is.

Dwight pulled a power move that has now blown up in his face regardless of whether it eventually results in Stan’s dismissal as coach of the Magic. Stan will have no problem getting another NBA coaching job, and he most certainly knows this. Dwight might eventually make fans and media stop viewing him as a backstabbing, petulant, self-centered publicity whore, but that’s what he looks like right now. For somebody who desperately wants to be loved by the public, that’s gotta sting.

The way that Dwight denied that he tried to get Stan fired only made him look worse. Nobody in their right mind believes him and who wants to root for a two-faced liar? If he had at least tried to convince us that he felt that way about Stan before but he’s since come around to making peace with him for the betterment of the team, most fans might have given him a pass. Instead, we witnessed his ongoing campaign to present a public image that is clearly at odds with his true personality.

http://blogs.thescore.com/tbj/2012/...illain/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Although I wouldn't fault the Magic for getting rid of Stan and keeping Dwight, it only makes sense

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

Pfft... Spare me. SVG has not done a good job with this team. A few years ago they were the most talented team in the East.. Otis is a joke, but he did give SVG almost everything he asked for..

I don't think that's news to RB. His point is you pick a player of that caliber over the coach every time

Mostly. Though I'd also argue that if Dwight was leaving then why would he give up his ETO and spend another year of his prime in a place he doesn't want to be when he could've gone to New Jersey and play with Deron.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
AlexKennedyNBA
Rumor has it that Magic CEO Alex Martins is on a cruise and nobody has been able to reach him. He'll be shocked when he gets off that boat.

Explains why nobody has heard a peep from him today. The Magic are literally a carnival :(

I don't think that's news to RB. His point is you pick a player of that caliber over the coach every time

They're not going to be picking Howard, per se. They'll likely get rid of SVG and then trade Howard ASAP. They're not going to get a coach the same caliber as SVG or a player the same caliber as Howard. So they'll effectively lose their best player and a great coach.

Pfft... Spare me. SVG has not done a good job with this team. A few years ago they were the most talented team in the East.. Otis is a joke, but he did give SVG almost everything he asked for..

Is it really on SVG that the players other than Dwight and Gortat ended up either not really being talented or their careers completely fell off a cliff once they stopped trying/juicing?

Orlando has never been a truly great team. Not since Howard has been there. Talent wise they've been saddled with overpaid players (Arenas, Turkeyglue, AND Rashard Lewis = holy shit). They had the luck of playing in a tremendously weak conference. Oh, and Lebron quit when he played them. Their roster, to this day, is garbage from nearly top to bottom.

Orlando has never been a truly great team. Not since Howard has been there. Talent wise they've been saddled with overpaid players (Arenas, Turkeyglue, AND Rashard Lewis = holy shit). They had the luck of playing in a tremendously weak conference. Oh, and Lebron quit when he played them. Their roster, to this day, is garbage from nearly top to bottom.

LeBron averaged 37 PPG against the Magic in that series...

Blackace

Is it really on SVG that the players other than Dwight and Gortat ended up either not really being talented or their careers completely fell off a cliff once they stopped trying/juicing?

You can say that for most coaches.. And yes it is their fault. You have to find ways to use your players, and SVG hasn't found a way to use a fairly talented bunch of players.. The way he handled Bass is the best example.. He could have been a real help to the lineup.. But SVG didn't use him..

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Um yeah thats not what happened, at all.

Magic's talent falling off a cliff is on Otis actually listening to Dwight for personnel decisions.

Blackace

They have been near 60 wins for like ever... You don't do that with poor talent..

Don't get me wrong a coach can give you extra wins.. But really? Do you think SVG is giving the Magic 15 extra wins or something? I don't buy it. They are a 50+ win team talents use..

The only times I saw a coach really change a team like that was Mac 10 one season in Seattle and Doc Rivers one season in Orlando..

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
You can say that for most coaches.. And yes it is their fault. You have to find ways to use your players, and SVG hasn't found a way to use a fairly talented bunch of players.. The way he handled Bass is the best example.. He could have been a real help to the lineup.. But SVG didn't use him..

Bass? He played 25 minutes a night in a platoon with Ryno. And it worked well, and thats all Bass really is.

But SVG wasn't the one who wanted or traded Bass for Big Baby and then gave him 4/24. I agree that some of Stan's decisions this year are baffling but Brandon Bass wasn't misused.

There is no "fairly talented bunch of players". The talent has drastically decreased every single season. Anderson has really been the only other guy on the roster this season who has been good. Stan has milked as many wins as possible from the scrubs that are playing now.

Things have gotten so bad that Magic fans are begging for Von Wafer and Ish Smith to be the saviors. Think about how ridiculous that is.

Blackace

Bass? He played 25 minutes a night in a platoon with Ryno. And it worked well, and thats all Bass really is.

But SVG wasn't the one who wanted or traded Bass for Big Baby and then gave him 4/24. I agree that some of Stan's decisions this year are baffling but Brandon Bass wasn't misused.

There is no "fairly talented bunch of players". The talent has drastically decreased every single season. Anderson has really been the only other guy on the roster this season who has been good. Stan has milked as many wins as possible from the scrubs that are playing now.

Things have gotten so bad that Magic fans are begging for Von Wafer and Ish Smith to be the saviors. Think about how ridiculous that is.

25 mins per night his 2nd season in Orlando..

They signed the guy and SVG gave him a huge 13 mins a game in 50 games or so..

Yeah he mishandled Bass, he had always wanted to groom Ryan..

Here's the thing: Von Wafer and Ish Smith are clearly a step up over the guys playing ahead of them. They're not ideal replacements, but you have to make the small adjustments that you can actually control. Ish >>>>>>> Duhon, Wafer at least gives them a slasher on the court who can make plays.

Redux

Banned
edit: just looking at the score card, Howard only 8 shots?... vs the Knicks??

too cool, rest my golden child, rest.

The Magic are the New York Jets of the nba..

Fat loud mouth coach? Check

Superstar players mouthing off about their team? Check

Always a bridesmaid? Check

Under perform? Check

The Magic.need.Tim Tebow....it's that simple

Vahagn

How is no one blaming the Magic FO in this? Who the hell tells a coach that their star player wants to fire him mid-season during a playoff contending season?

What possible motivation do you have of telling SVG this 10 games away from the playoffs or whatever. If it's the case...you wait till after the season and let things play out naturally until you have to fire said coach.

Also, Lebron did quit in that series...they lost 4-2...he got torn apart by Rafer Alston and never guarded the best players on the team...he played a phenomenal game 5 but he was mentally checked out of game 6.

Kobe quit in the second half of game 7 against the Suns...we don't go "he averaged X in the series that's illogical"...Dwight quit in game 6 and...contrary to popular belief...was checked out in the Boston series from Game 1 on....except game 3.

How is no one blaming the Magic FO in this? Who the hell tells a coach that their star player wants to fire him mid-season during a playoff contending season?

What possible motivation do you have of telling SVG this 10 games away from the playoffs or whatever. If it's the case...you wait till after the season and let things play out naturally until you have to fire said coach.

Also, Lebron did quit in that series...they lost 4-2...he got torn apart by Rafer Alston and never guarded the best players on the team...he played a phenomenal game 5 but he was mentally checked out of game 6.

Kobe quit in the second half of game 7 against the Suns...we don't go "he averaged X in the series that's illogical"...Dwight quit in game 6 and...contrary to popular belief...was checked out in the Boston series from Game 1 on....except game 3.

Losing a playoff series means the best player quit

#VagLogic

Top Bottom