• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

He was a good point guard until Derek Fisher initially mindfucked him by playing in the Finals when he should've just nailed him to the bench. SVG then greenlit him so hard the next year that he somehow transformed into a shittier Luke Ridnour.

Jameer used to be a really, really good point guard.

Fixed.

He was a good point guard until SVG initially mindfucked him by playing in the Finals when he should've just nailed him to the bench. SVG then greenlit him so hard the next year that he somehow transformed into a shittier Luke Ridnour.

Jameer used to be a really, really good point guard.

Agreed. He was getting much hype in 09.

Why would anybody hire SVG after this? I mean besides being Donald Sterling levels of dumb.

Because he wins at first...

that saves GM jobs.

You take an unproven coach and he flops your ass is out the door.

Take a guy who gets regular season wins? Shit is gravy.

Those guys will all be in Orlando next year and they'll all still suck. Orlando's gonna get swept by Atlanta or Indiana and they'll come into the new season with even more pressure to move Dwight once its obvious to everyone just how bad they are. All of this is their FO and owner's fault. Once the writing is on the wall, you can't BS around it... blow it up and move on. Imagine if Portland had dragged out their slow demise for an extra 3 years.

Lawl, Orlando beats Indiana in 6.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Lawl, Orlando beats Indiana in 6.
Please.

Orlando hasn't shown up for 5 games in a row since the season started. This team is built to collapse. It doesn't even matter who they get paired against. Only Philly could make it interesting at this point.

Because he wins at first...

that saves GM jobs.

You take an unproven coach and he flops your ass is out the door.

Take a guy who gets regular season wins? Shit is gravy.

He can't keep his fat little.fingers out anything. I'd personally rather throw money at Byron Scott.to try to lure him out.of cleveland.

Mxrz

I dreamed Sloan came out of retirement, took over the Magic with Shaq as the GM, and finally won a ring both for himself and the city. Then I woke up and tried to remember whether this or the shit yesterday was real.

I like Jameer. Not an all-star any more, but he can still go off on some teams. Usually the Heat. Guy's strong enough to drive hard on occasion. With a decent 2 or 3, he'd look better. But either Stan or Otis loved that undersized backcourt.

If nothing else, all of this really reminds me how much I hate listening to JVG.

masud

Banned
Jeffries has return on horizon: The New York Times reports Wednesday that New York center Jared Jeffries (knee) will attempt to run on Friday. Depending on how he feels after running, Jeffries could return to action on Sunday against the Bulls.

Jared Jeffries equals wins.

giga

CqsPH.png

Orlando was just a 3 seed too. Lol.

masud

Banned
That and the beard, you really want everyone to hate us.

What's wrong with the beard son? The beard told JR to be a man and pull his damn pants up and immediately after that JR goes out and gets 9 assists. People respect the beard.

And Jeffries plays winning basketball. He's terrible at doing things with a basketball but he's really good at everything else.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Don't think I've seen a player quit harder than Dwight last night since Kobe in his refuse to shoot playoff games against the suns or Kobe blatantly sabotaging the finals against the Pistons.

Magic should have taken that deal and ran with it.

Yeah, Bynum is playing a lot better than Howard lately.

Well actually, I wonder if Lakers would have traded for him even if he didn't give a commitment to stay there, otherwise he was stupid for at least not wanting to go there for the remainder of the year.

I dreamed Sloan came out of retirement, took over the Magic with Shaq as the GM, and finally won a ring both for himself and the city. Then I woke up and tried to remember whether this or the shit yesterday was real.

I like Jameer. Not an all-star any more, but he can still go off on some teams. Usually the Heat. Guy's strong enough to drive hard on occasion. With a decent 2 or 3, he'd look better. But either Stan or Otis loved that undersized backcourt.

If nothing else, all of this really reminds me how much I hate listening to JVG.

Jameer was never *that* good. He's always been a 13/5 on 45% shooting guy, his all-star year was just a 40 game streak where he shot Steve Nash percentages. Him returning to the mean wasn't that surprising, and the fact that he's injury prone doesn't help matters either. The past two seasons he's been clearly tasked to do too much, he's a 4th option asked to be a 2nd option because of the turribleness of the roster.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Jameer was never *that* good. He's always been a 13/5 on 45% shooting guy, his all-star year was just a 40 game streak where he shot Steve Nash percentages. Him returning to the mean wasn't that surprising, and the fact that he's injury prone doesn't help matters either. The past two seasons he's been clearly tasked to do too much, he's a 4th option asked to be a 2nd option because of the turribleness of the roster.
that's a huge whiff

He went from being to run an offense at incredible efficiency to becoming a new Juan Dixon.

KingGondo

Banned
OKC's remaining schedule:
ScreenShot2012-04-06at95449AM.png

I've got us going 10-2.

San Antonio's remaining schedule:
ScreenShot2012-04-06at95513AM.png

Spurs lose 4 at the absolute most, them going 12-2 seems more likely at this point.

It's gonna come down to the wire. The 1 seed is much more important for OKC than it is for SA.

The only way I see the Spurs pushing super-hard to get the 1 seed is if Memphis moves up to the #3. The Spurs definitely want to avoid the Grizz.

In Sessions 12 games as a Laker he has averaged 14/7 on 52% shooting and 54% from 3.

Hopefully next year they add depth at the wing and/or guard spot.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
0L7EL.jpg

Haha, Rahm Emanuel, Chicago Mayor and Former Obama Assassin, giving Pierce the death stare.

edit: Also, Joakim Noah is awesome.

9nxZV.gif

OKC's remaining schedule:
ScreenShot2012-04-06at95449AM.png

I've got us going 10-2.

San Antonio's remaining schedule:
ScreenShot2012-04-06at95513AM.png

Spurs lose 4 at the absolute most, them going 12-2 seems more likely at this point.

It's gonna come down to the wire. The 1 seed is much more important for OKC than it is for SA.

The only way I see the Spurs pushing super-hard to get the 1 seed is if Memphis moves up to the #3. The Spurs definitely want to avoid the Grizz.

Is there any team that wants to play the Grizz? I also think Pop would rather avoid a one-armed Manu incident than grabbing the one seed.

Z-Bo gonna get in dat Griffin ass
Who would be a better Clippers matchup? Mavericks are streaky and could get hot again for the playoffs. There's no way the Rockets would make it up to the fifth or sixth seed. Realistically, I think they have to hope they face the Grizz.

Fox318

0L7EL.jpg

Haha, Rahm Emanuel, Chicago Mayor and Former Obama Assassin, giving Pierce the death stare.

edit: Also, Joakim Noah is awesome.

http://i.imgur.com/9nxZV.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
Rahm has to be one of the most intimating politicians in recent memory.

Alrix

So we're back to being 2.5 games back of Boston, still have one to play against them in a week or so. Their schedule is tough too. Still hope for Knicks taking the 4, but if we don't, I want Miami over Chicago first round.

Also 8 of Knicks remaining 11 games are on national tv. sweet.

Gabyskra

Banned
So we're back to being 2.5 games back of Boston, still have one to play against them in a week or so. Their schedule is tough too. Still hope for Knicks taking the 4, but if we don't, I want Miami over Chicago first round.

Also 8 of Knicks remaining 11 games are on national tv. sweet.

I want Miami for entertainment purposes, but Chicago with an ailing Rose would be a smarter choice for winning purposes.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
According to league sources who spoke on the condition of anonymity, Orlando brass got fed up with Howard’s yes-no-maybe posturing and threatened to trade him to the Lakers, not his desired location (the Nets), if he did not sign an agreement to waive the opt-out clause for the final season of his contract. Howard eventually signed the papers, but only after he was told “he would be a Laker by the end of the day,” according to one source.
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports....lakers/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

LOLOLOLOL

Top Bottom