• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Finals |OT| Good Job, Good Effort

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
DY_nasty

Honest Question:

If you replaced Westbrook with 2010-2011 D'Antoni-Era Raymond Felton, do the Thunder win the game? You know even though Ray would make some dumb mistakes he would dish the ball where it needed to go.

Easily.

Felton is probably just as dumb as Westbrook. The difference is that he doesn't have the ego. That attitude just amplifies the inner retard.
nope.. because you lose too much O

I don't think they beat the Spurs with Failton

What they lose in offensive firepower, they gain in efficiency and cohesion. Felton might throw the ball away - but at least the rest of his team will be on the same side of the half court line when it happens.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Easily.

Felton is probably just as dumb as Westbrook. The difference is that he doesn't have the ego. That attitude just amplifies the inner retard.

naw.. can't ride with this at all..

Ripclawe

Banned
Anyone blaming Westbrook for this loss is dumb. I feel he played a better all-around game than Durant. KD is the epitome of a one-dimensional player

ibhiKtq6SO6gGt.gif

Easily.

I was watching with my wife, and she wondered openly why "Long Armed Guy who scores a lot" wasn't getting the rock.

I explained that the point guard has the IQ of a brick, and simply put would hoist shots at the most inopportune times to remind people that he is YNB and will not be denied his title.

gameofthrones_theon_crazy.jpg

Blackace

What they lose in offensive firepower, they gain in efficiency and cohesion. Felton might throw the ball away - but at least the rest of his team will be on the same side of the half court line when it happens.
icecubehigh2.gif

did you really try to sell me on efficiency from Failton? really??? seriously???

Did people gloss over the part where I said "2010-2011 Mike D'Antoni Era" and just concentrate on "Raymond Felton"?

Because he actually was pretty decent back then.

Blackace

Did people gloss over the part where I said "2010-2011 Mike D'Antoni Era" and just concentrate on "Raymond Felton"?

Because he actually was pretty decent back then.

Because creating a scenario based on 54 games is easy to gloss over..

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
icecubehigh2.gif

did you really try to sell me on efficiency from Failton? really??? seriously???

Knicks Failton? Compared to Westbrook?

When did Felton ever spend a full quarter ignoring a better teammate? I can find all kinds of things to take him apart for, but Felton made sure Amare got the ball. He made sure Jack and Wallace got the ball. It wasn't pretty. Sometimes it ended in lolz. But he never looked into a guy's face and told him to ead.

I think a lot of people are under the impression that OKC needs Westbrook to score.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Finally got to watch on DVR. Great result, screw those fake ass fans. I understand that there's jack shit to do in Oklahoma, but don't act like you've formed a bond with the team you stole a few short years ago.

SamuraiX-

90% of the time when Westbrook drove to the rim tonight, good things happened. No idea how Scott Brooks just allows him to continue to do whatever the fuck he wants out there all the time.

He took 26 shots tonight.

14 of those 26 shots were jumpers outside the paint.

He was 4-14 shooting on jumpers, meaning he was 6-12 on everything inside the paint. It's very fucking simple. Just tell him to drive more. Nobody on the Heat that has guarded him up to this point can stay in front of him.

Although he's not all to blame for his shitastic play. It would help a lot more if he had a coach that enforced running plays and if the Thunder didn't score the majority of their points on isos, drive and kicks, and transition buckets. It's pretty much a rich-man's version of Miami's offense but with less experienced players and double the stupidity.

finally unbanned, gotta say I feel motherfucking lucking that the Heat won tonight. We can't allow KD to fuck us in the 4th like that. I hope Shane can keep it up and hope to the gods that maybe Lebron gets hot in the 4th. I wonder if we can get KD to foul out, maybe some more hand in the face shit from Battier?

Anyone blaming Westbrook for this loss is dumb. I feel he played a better all-around game than Durant. KD is the epitome of a one-dimensional player
ii8Uvy2UU4CKR.gif

Izick

Not one for talking sports much on forums (just not my thing, I'm not hating), but I just wanted to throw my hat in the ring and say that the Thunder are gonna take this thing still. They just seem to have all the pieces in play, and yeah, I'll admit that I like the personalities on the team more than the Heat, but I'm not a Heat hater. With that said, I still see the Thunder taking this thing.

Had to leave here for the 2nd half.

Man, that bad goaltend call sure came back to haunt OKC. And I personally thought KD got fouled at the end of the game. But OKC lost the game because Brooks played Perkins way too much.

Perkins team high negative +/-, of course. Dude is USELESS in this series. I said it last game, I figured it would be this way prior to the series, and it happened again. He has no one to defend, forces Ibaka out of the paint, and has no offensive game. Bench him, already.

If Miami plays small, then Perkin can't play. Period.

Collison 14 min a game after being the X factor (+8 of course). Fucking stupid. Yes, YNB didn't have a good game. And a terrible 1st half. But I think if Perkins plays 10 less minutes, they win. They couldn't make their 3rd quarter push and he played almost the entire period. Fucking ridiculous. How does brooks not see he gives OKC nothing? They're better off starting Fisher.

Also, Lebron James was clutch. No way around it. Wonder if Vag would claim it was the least clutch, clutch performance ever.

edit: The FT% swap in the series is fucking startling. How did this happen? OKC wins this game if they shoot their norm and Miami does too.

watched the dream team doc, nice stuff. magic was always super charismatic. i can't even hate his analysis because he's so charismatic.

SamuraiX-

Perkins team high negative +/-, of course. Dude is USELESS in this series. I said it last game, I figured it would be this way prior to the series, and it happened again. He has no one to defend, forces Ibaka out of the paint, and has no offensive game. Bench him, already.

If Miami plays small, then Perkin can't play. Period.

2011/12 - $7,123,626
2012/13 - $7,800,531
2013/14 - $8,477,437
2014/15 - $9,154,342

2011/12 - $7,123,626
2012/13 - $7,800,531
2013/14 - $8,477,437
2014/15 - $9,154,342

yeah. But Perk has use like against Duncan/Bynum, etc. He just serves no purpose in this series. He's a post defender. But no bigs play in the post for Miami. And when Miami plays Lebron at the 4, Ibaka is guarding Battier, which means something is bad. Either Ibaka is guarding Battier and therefore his entire asset is gone (paint help D) or he's sagging into the paint and leaving Battier wide open and he's nailing them. Get Ibaka on Bosh.

I think Battier has hit like 7 of his 3s this series with Perkins on the floor. And one without was banked in...

SamuraiX-

yeah. But Perk has use like against Duncan/Bynum, etc. He just serves no purpose in this series. He's a post defender. But no bigs play in the post for Miami. And when Miami plays Lebron at the 4, Ibaka is guarding Battier, which means something is bad. Either Ibaka is guarding Battier and therefore his entire asset is gone (paint help D) or he's sagging into the paint and leaving Battier wide open and he's nailing them. Get Ibaka on Bosh.

I think Battier has hit like 7 of his 3s this series with Perkins on the floor. And one without was banked in...

It's not just that. His help defense and pick'n'roll defense is absolutely atrocious. And every time he catches the ball he looks uncoordinated as shit and has no idea what to do with it. No touch or feel around the basket means you're lucky if you get 2 points out of him and horrible instinct and reflexes means praying he commits less than 5 turnovers a game from lazy passes and fumbles.

Winner.

It's not just that. His help defense and pick'n'roll defense is absolutely atrocious. And every time he catches the ball he looks uncoordinated as shit and has no idea what to do with it. No touch or feel around the basket means you're lucky if you get 2 points out of him and horrible instinct and reflexes means praying he commits less than 5 turnovers a game from lazy passes and fumbles.

100% agree. Which is why he should really almost never play in this series. Collison and Ibaka should get almost all the minutes at the 5.

Blackace

Knicks Failton? Compared to Westbrook?

When did Felton ever spend a full quarter ignoring a better teammate? I can find all kinds of things to take him apart for, but Felton made sure Amare got the ball. He made sure Jack and Wallace got the ball. It wasn't pretty. Sometimes it ended in lolz. But he never looked into a guy's face and told him to ead.

I think a lot of people are under the impression that OKC needs Westbrook to score.

Dude played 54 good games in his career... and OKC does need him to score, that is how they made their team..

Vestal

So I guess I was right about Perk being nothing more than a bigger Joel Anthony.

The problem is they can't match up with Perk on the floor.. The same reason why Joel Anthony had hardly any minutes in the ECF, he had hardly anyone he could match up with.

The Thunder need to sit his ass down, however it would really shrink their rotation, and cause some issues due to more breathing room in the paint for the Heat. Its a tough call, even though he can't match up he is still a big body in the paint.

It will be interesting to see what type of adjustment Brooks is willing to make in regards to Battier, he is KILLING them. Then again if you over adjust the Big 3 will feast.

Game 3 is going Miamis way...

Game 4 will decide this series..

LuchaShaq

Banned
Catching up on DVR at half of third q.

I'd like to think I'm a bit impartial on this series but the refs have been horrific the last 18 min.

At least they have been bad both ways though. Have literally been 5-6 blown/weird calls against both teams. What's even weirder is calling touch fouls on the Allstars I mean wtf wade barely touches harden or Durant barely bumps Lebron and they get fouls? Cmooooon

It doesn't make any sense to me that Westbrook takes over twice as many shots as Harden when Harden is the better player on that end of the court (and I'm not even mentioning Durant). Why does Brooks not realize this?

Talon

RE: Westbrook
Dude's Wade. He's got the same explosiveness, finishing touch and tunnel vision from the mid 2000s Wade. If he didn't happen to play PG, he wouldn't get as much hate.

But I fucking hate watching Westbrook.
Man, that bad goaltend call sure came back to haunt OKC. And I personally thought KD got fouled at the end of the game. But OKC lost the game because Brooks played Perkins way too much.
I don't think KD can kvetch that much because of the no call on his 6th foul.

Top Bottom