• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Finals |OT| Good Job, Good Effort

Emwitus

I kind of get the whole movies were slower thing, not sure if it's the editing though. I am a much bigger fan of movies from the 80s on. You can tell the change happening with Lucas and Spielberg, their old movies feel very modern. But I have grown to appreciate old movie making even if it is not my favorite.

That said Aliens is really awesome and much more in common with modern films than old ones. The first hour is slow though.

Well put. I'm not saying the movies were like bad writing bad, or the acting(which admittedly was really good) Only that most of them are border line unwatchable because the story takes too long to pick and they spend tons of time on introductions and stuff. Even the movie intros were obnoxious.

EDIT:
It's not. Most of the time it's a decision by the director. He doesn't know what he is talking about but what's new?

Every single director pre-80s made the same decision. Thank you for knowing what your talking about einstein.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Well put. I'm not saying the movies were like bad writing bad, or the acting(which admittedly was really good) Only that most of them are border line unwatchable because the story takes too long to pick and they spend tons of time on introductions and stuff. Even the movie intros were obnoxious.

You're making me feel blackace-old

Emwitus

lol In all seriousness, who would watch an odyssey type movie today? Like if prometheus was a whole 30 mins of nothingness.

EDIT: Sorry for taking this way offtopic, my last post on the issue but i'm thinking about moving the topic and see what others think. Probably will get shat on but whatever. lol

linsivvi

Every single director pre-80s made the same decision. Thank you for knowing what your talking about einstein.

Well you must have watched a lot of pre-80s movies then.

Maybe you only watch brainless popcorn movies, and even then you'll still be wrong.

You should just quit while you're behind.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
lol story substance over explosives is annoying
you have already outlived your life expectancy...embrace it..
lol In all seriousness, who would watch an odyssey type movie today? Like if prometheus was a whole 30 mins of nothingness.

EDIT: Sorry for taking this way offtopic, my last post on the issue but i'm thinking about moving the topic and see what others think. Probably will get shat on but whatever. lol

So did you like Jackie Brown or Inglorious Basterds?

Emwitus

lol story substance over explosives is annoying

So did you like Jackie Brown or Inglorious Basterds?

I had to google that movie lol......Inglorious basterds went downhill from the first opening minutes tho lol. Actually, i always thought of that movie as a home-age to the 70s style of movie making. Most of Qts movies are.

I had to google that movie......Inglorious basterds went downhill from the first opening minutes tho lol. Actually, i always thought of that movie as a home-age to the 70s style of movie making. Most of Qts movies are.
Haha. Oh wow. Ok what you consider good and bad is considered atrocious.
ADD confirmed

Blackace

I had to google that movie lol......Inglorious basterds went downhill from the first opening minutes tho lol. Actually, i always thought of that movie as a home-age to the 70s style of movie making. Most of Qts movies are.
WTF? For real? lol... That's horrible.

PBY

Banned

What are you talking about? Smh

Emwitus

Haha. Oh wow. Ok what you consider good and bad is considered atrocious.
ADD confirmed

I hate the older style of making movies. That's pretty much it. Late 80s onwards is watchable for me.......

WTF? For real? lol... That's horrible.

I don't actively look for older movies, that could be why. Most of the movies i've mentioned as liking; space raiders, goonies, indiana jones etc etc, i watched while growing up.

EDIT: Oh wait, jackie brown is relatively new...I'm watching the trailer, it looks good, gonna watch it right now! Thanks gaf lol

linsivvi

The big budget movies are they way they are now because directors are being forced by the studios to cater to the LCD demographic, ie, this guy, who needs to google Jackie Brown.

They can't afford the time on storytelling and have them move at the pace that they want.

Fortunately there are still smaller budget movies that allow that to happen. For example, the 2 best movies Fassbender appeared in are slow as fuck and guys like him would never watch them anyway.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

lICUk.jpg

snack

Yup. And i have no intention of seeing any of them based on what i've heard they are about and watching clips. I just don't have the patience to watch old movies that moved at a snail like pace regardless of how good people say they were.

k2N0R.gif

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Man, I feel so out of the loop. I haven't seen any of these movies, including any of the Aliens stuff.

Just not a big movie guy.

WHY do you always do this?
Try to play peacemaker?

Because watching the thread shit on one guy for something not basketball related IN A BASKETBALL THREAD (no matter how bad the opinion) gets tiring after awhile. It's an opinion and he's entitled to it as long as he's not trying to force it down out throats.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Try to play peacemaker?

Because watching the thread shit on one guy for something not basketball related IN A BASKETBALL THREAD (no matter how bad the opinion) gets tiring after awhile. It's an opinion and he's entitled to it as long as he's not trying to force it down out throats.

No, randomly and inappropriately post weird ass wrestling gifs.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
whats the story behind those gifs with the cute girl who i suspect is 15
She's AJ. A new diva in the WWE who has fallen in love with Kane (like they all do, eventually).

However, she may just be using him, who knows? We hope to find out tomorrow night.

I didn't say all the movies read my previous post i said most of em. And godfather is the biggest culprit to this horrid editing. They can spend like a whole 10 mins in one location, that's some boring crap movie if you ask me. If y'all like acting like those classic movies are the ish, then well and good, but I wont sit at home alone pretending to like something coz the world called it the best thing EVER made. I'd rather pop in a lord of the rings, game of thrones or some other well made movie.
Requoting for emphasis.....WTF

Blackace

Dude, seriously, they only watch Heat games. That's it. And maybe Knicks and Lakers.
Yeah they have NOT been on the Thunders' nuts..no sir not at all.. Only Heat, Knicks and Lakers.. Totally correct.. Sigh...

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Yeah they have NOT been on the Thunders' nuts..no sir not at all.. Only Heat, Knicks and Lakers.. Totally correct.. Sigh...
That doesn't mean they've been watching games. Checking the way these analysts talk about the games, you can tell that they only check the statline and create a story that follows it.

reilo

first of all, that's soulplaya.

I just posted a pic of sweet matrixbooty and the first thing you say is "Eww wrestling gif"?

Dude what the fuck is WRONG with you?

Right, because you never post wrestling gifs at random. Nope. Not ever.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Right, because you never post wrestling gifs at random. Nope. Not ever.
Wrestling gifs make for the best gifs. This thread has been discussing Alien movies, among other things, for a while, and going by puddles post, there are weirder things going on here, lol. Leave Frankman alone on this.

G-Fex

Alright alright easy on Frankman.

Frankman is my bestest pal and I won't have you thrashing at him like he's some NBA noob.

You'll have to go through me first.

reilo

Alright alright easy on Frankman.

Frankman is my bestest pal and I won't have you thrashing at him like he's some NBA noob.

You'll have to go through me first.

Now this one deserves a "who the fuck are you?" if I have ever seen one.

reilo is just mad that adam blade's pussy rate has eclipsed his

Even in a good year for adam, that ain't true. Sorry adam.

Blackace

That doesn't mean they've been watching games. Checking the way these analysts talk about the games, you can tell that they only check the statline and create a story that follows it.

Wow that's almost as poor logic as comparing Godfather to LotR

Top Bottom