• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Finals |OT| Good Job, Good Effort

Durant/Westbrook/Harden get pampered just as much if you actually watched basketball before the Finals every once in a while you'd know that. You guys are writing the narrative before the games are even played. You did it with the Lakers too. Heat can win by 50 and you will whine about calls.

the fuck they do. where was durants call late in game 2? if lebrons arm got hooked in the same fashion every ref would've blown the whistle. was durant being "pampered" when he got 2 bogus foul calls on him that put him out of this game?

DJ88

Wade really is trying to sabotage us in these Finals.

Game 1: He succeeded by taking shitty jumper after shitty jumper in the fourth.

Game 2: Almost succeeded by turning the ball over in the last minute and letting the Thunder cut the lead to 2.

Game 3: Again, in the closing minutes, almost succeeds by committing the dumbest turnover possible then shooting a brick on the next possession.

Wade is the Thunder's best player right now.

Awful way to lose a game in the Finals.

Without Miami having the game of their life at the FT line + Durant being called for bullshit fouls, OKC wins this game easily.

Rarely does the team who plays better lose.

Miami was up 2-1 last year. Game 4 will be huge, again.
Durant took some dumb ass fouls too and missed some clutch FTs. Not to mention the bs calls that went against us. Or there ft shooting. But the refs....

Didnt you say whoever wins it's a * title?
Yes. And i stand by that. But the Thunder are giving this shit away. This wasnt a robbery. Puddles needs to start givin LeBron credit for finally showing up. Its one thing to hate when he pulls what he did last year. Hes playing really well and is mentally in the game.

KingGondo

Banned
Fuck off back to Oklahoma you posers.
Fuck you.

Congrats to MiamiWesker, ph33nix and the other non-asshole Heat fans.

My only confidence in a long series comes from the fact that I think the NBA wants it. Hope some of these flukes regress to the mean.

Blondie

Neo Member
Wade's bullshit almost cost us the game at the end there. So happy to get this one, but it don't mean much if the next one is given away. Keep grinding it Heat!

The M.O.B

We were able to have James Jones on the court for 12 minutes..............how do you not take advantage of that?

And Wade played more minutes that Bron..............No wonder he looked dead in the 2nd half.

the fuck they do. where was durants call late in game 2? if lebrons arm got hooked in the same fashion every ref would've blown the whistle. was durant being "pampered" when he got 2 bogus foul calls on him that put him out of this game?

The journey man, the journey. They had a pampered ride to the finals. A game is more the the last 2 minutes. The rest of the season did happen you know.

OKC need to man up!!!! Ante up, Ante Up!!

Durant took some dumb ass fouls too and missed some clutch FTs. Not to mention the bs calls that went against us. Or there ft shooting. But the refs....

OKC was up 9 with all the momentum and they gave Durant 2 bogus fouls in the 3rd. What "dumb" fouls? he had 5 fouls, 3 of which were incorrect. And neither of the 2 fouls to take him out of the game were good calls.

You take out the other team's best player for 5 minutes on bad calls as the other team is on a 16-2 run, you change the fucking game. Period.

edit: And I've mentioned the FT fluke like 6 times already.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
brestbrook.gif

OKC was up 9 with all the momentum and they gave Durant 2 bogus fouls in the 3rd. What "dumb" fouls? he had 5 fouls, 3 of which were incorrect. And neither of the 2 fouls to take him out of the game were good calls.

You take out the other team's best player for 5 minutes on bad calls as the other team is on a 16-2 run, you change the fucking game. Period.

Same thing happened to Manu in game 6. Just part of the game.

Yeah I've never felt more neutral about anything in my life. We will see what happens Tuesday. Each game is still really a 55/45 toss (In the direction of the home team)

We all saw how OKC turned it around against San Antonio and won in their building when it wasn't expected. still got to win 96 minutes of game

TTG

Anyone else watching Shaq talk about himself and where he ranks all time on the FIRST segment after that game? Stay humble...

Except Manu isn't going to play 46 minutes. He still gets his norm. Plus, he only had 1 bad call on him IMO. And they weren't as ridiculous as the one with Wade jumping into Durant.

Just rationalizing it now. NBA refs are shit. They will always be shit. Just gotta deal with it. I'm sure at some point the Thunder will get the "benefit of the doubt" on shit calls too over the course of the series.

And those Manu fouls were just as bad/worse because they took out the Spurs closer in the 4th AND points scored as well. Just gotta deal

Owzers

Durant/Westbrook/Harden get pampered just as much if you actually watched basketball before the Finals every once in a while you'd know that. You guys are writing the narrative before the games are even played. You did it with the Lakers too. Heat can win by 50 and you will whine about calls.

OKC were FTHUNDER incarnate BEFORE the finals. That's the point. I thought reffing wouldn't be a problem because both sides get calls left and right, but OKC isn't getting any of what they are accustomed to whereas the Heat are yelling their way to the line.

He had two bad calls at best. Holding James for that one and that late ass attempt to draw that charge was dumb as hell. And the thunder extended the lead when he was out. The two dumb ass three point fouls brought us back. Please OKC choked this away.

Top Bottom