• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Finals |OT| Good Job, Good Effort

OKC has to work too hard for their shots.

The heat does too but they also score off of fastbreaks(The Thunder have missed a few, the Heat often don't) and they have been making their free throws.

So while you can blame the refs for missed calls (and while they have missed a ton, OKC is settling a lot), the fact is that OKC has to make tough shots to win.

Wade and Bosh had shit-meh nights and LeBron didn't even play that great. This was a missed opportunity big time.

The Thunder don't look ready for the big stage...

So unless Brooks has some crazy adjustments like he did against the Spurs, I think they are dead.

Feels good to accept the Heat as the champions* its comparable to dreading getting cancer all of my life and now that I've been diagnosed I can finally stop worrying about getting it. Its quite theraputic.

Just rationalizing it now. NBA refs are shit. They will always be shit. Just gotta deal with it. I'm sure at some point the Thunder will get the "benefit of the doubt" on shit calls too over the course of the series.

And those Manu fouls were just as bad/worse because they took out the Spurs closer in the 4th AND points scored as well. Just gotta deal

But Manu still got his minutes and OKC was the team with momentum. OKC was looking to blow the door open.

Manu is not Durant. Durant is one of the 3 best players in the league. You can't take him out of the Finals on bullshit calls. As an NBA fan, that pisses me off. I'd be just as mad if they did that to Lebron.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
brestbrook.gif

LOL

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Harden was terribad tonight. Like cost the Thunder the game bad. Even with the refs being iffy Thunder are fine is Harden doesn't bring his C or even D game tonight.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
Feels good to accept the Heat as the champions* its comparable to dreading getting cancer all of my life and now that I've been diagnosed I can finally stop worrying about getting it. Its quite theraputic.

as a cancer patient that's actually a common refrain i hear from others. i'd also like to point out that comparing the Heat winning a championship to getting cancer is pretty fucking stupid, asshole.

Just rationalizing it now. NBA refs are shit. They will always be shit. Just gotta deal with it. I'm sure at some point the Thunder will get the "benefit of the doubt" on shit calls too over the course of the series.

This has always been my stance. NBA refs are way to incompetent to be able to effectively fix games. You guys are crazy if you think they can. They don't know what the fuck they are doing half the time.

hahaha Haberstroh with the Wario reference

We witnessed Wario Chalmers on Sunday. Chalmers struggled to do anything right in Game 3 and his futility hit rock-bottom when he gift-wrapped a four-point play to Derek Fisher in the third quarter. Chalmers is usually good for one terrible play a game, but that foul takes the cake. The Heat normally don't survive without getting something, anything, from Chalmers, but Game 3 was the exception.

as a cancer patient that's actually a common refrain i hear from others. i'd also like to point out that comparing the Heat winning a championship to getting cancer is pretty fucking stupid, asshole.

Oh give me a break. Quit trying to take it literally. I get that it hits closer to home for you but seriously, chill.

This has always been my stance. NBA refs are way to incompetent to be able to effectively fix games. You guys are crazy if you think they can. They don't know what the fuck they are doing half the time.

uhhh, I am not arguing they fixed the game. I am arguing their incompetence, which is usually balanced, really fucked the Thunder over tonight.

The game would have been radically different if Durant doesn't sit with 6 minutes into the half after 2 bullshit calls as the Thunder were on a huge run. You agree with this, right?

PBY

Banned

A- I'm sorry man, good luck with everything.
B- I agree.

But Manu still got his minutes and OKC was the team with momentum. OKC was looking to blow the door open.

Manu is not Durant. Durant is one of the 3 best players in the league. You can't take him out of the Finals on bullshit calls. As an NBA fan, that pisses me off. I'd be just as mad if they did that to Lebron.

That's a little bit of revisonist history. The refs swallow their whistles on those two Manu calls and the Spurs are down one point. The Thunder (Westbrook) were starting to jack up some stupid shots too. Pop was not going to take Manu out for 3-5 minutes in the fourth otherwise.

The fucking point, again, is that NBA refs suck. Sometimes that works in your favor (like it did for the Thunder in game 6 in the WCF) and sometimes it doesn't (tonight). Not much you can do about it other than hope your other players step up. And despite that, the Thunder were in it at the end, but Westbrook and Harden both had some dumbass plays to take their team out.

uhhh, I am not arguing they fixed the game. I am arguing their incompetence, which is usually balanced, really fucked the Thunder over tonight.

The game would have been radically different if Durant doesn't sit with 6 minutes into the half after 2 bullshit calls as the Thunder were on a huge run. You agree with this, right?

If durant wasn't incompetent he wouldn't have been in foul trouble to have the chance to even been taken out the game.

That's a little bit of revisonist history. The refs swallow their whistles on those two Manu calls and the Spurs are down one point. The Thunder (Westbrook) were starting to jack up some stupid shots too. Pop was not going to take Manu out for 3-5 minutes in the fourth otherwise.

The fucking point, again, is that NBA refs suck. Sometimes that works in your favor (like it did for the Thunder in game 6 in the WCF) and sometimes it doesn't (tonight). Not much you can do about it other than hope your other players step up. And despite that, the Thunder were in it at the end, but Westbrook and Harden both had some dumbass plays to take their team out.

They hit their fts and they win the game. You won't see any player blaming the refs.

I wouldn't count OKC out yet. People (including me) left them for dead after SA was up 2-0. Let's not forget that Miami also let the Mavs back into the Finals last season. How the Thunder come out in Game 4 will be telling.

-they weren't bricking FTs
-two stupid fouls on 3-pt attempts
-Harden brought his B game
-Wade wasn't being a saboteur
-a stolen inbound pass during the last minute

They hit their fts and they win the game. You won't see any player blaming the refs.

????

That's kind of what I'm saying. Refs are shit. You just have to do your best and not give them a chance to affect the course of the game. Sometimes they do and those losses sting, but what can you do? It will always be like that in the NBA.

Vire

Fuck you.

Congrats to MiamiWesker, ph33nix and the other non-asshole Heat fans.

My only confidence in a long series comes from the fact that I think the NBA wants it. Hope some of these flukes regress to the mean.
Don't mind him. OKC fans have been class act so far.

Which is why I add the FT fluke to the discussion. Miami shoots 80%, they lose. OKC shoots 75%, they win. Both are still above or below their respective norms. It took one of the best and worst performances of the season at the same time to occur to give the game to Miami. The odds are that happening are so low...

Whatever. Manu ain't Durant and he was still going to get a rest. Like I said, as an NBA fan, I was pissed Durant was unfairly taken out of this game. And I'd be the same if it happened to Lebron. I want to watch these guys play, not sit. If they commit legit fouls, then fine. But not for that.

-they weren't bricking FTs
-two stupid fouls on 3-pt attempts
-Harden brought his B game
-Wade wasn't being a saboteur
-a stolen inbound pass during the last minute

Those are at least within their control. The refs making bad calls are not. The game changed on that call.

I wouldn't count OKC out yet. People (including me) left them for dead after SA was up 2-0. Let's not forget that Miami also let the Mavs back into the Finals last season. How the Thunder come out in Game 4 will be telling.

thats very true but for one thing the Thunder are on the road, they went home after falling behind 0-2 and the Heat were on the road last finals, they are at home for the next two games and the triple LLLL are alive and rocking that arena

abuC

Series isn't over, but Miami looks like a different team from last year, they seem to be a lot more resilient.

Hell no they got jobbed right down to the final minutes. The refs let Wade foul Sef a couple of times on one play after he got his pocket picked. The shit in this game goes beyond incompetence.

Yet you ignore the bullshit fouls against the heat. Why is that? Because they don't fit your bullshit narrative?

thats very true but for one thing the Thunder are on the road, they went home after falling behind 0-2 and the Heat were on the road last finals, they are at home for the next two games and the triple LLLL are alive and rocking that arena

Yeah but at the same time, winning all 3 at home is a tall order. It almost puts the home team at a disadvantage in the Finals.

I think it's likely that who wins game 4 wins the series. No one should count the Thunder out. Not when they win if Miami shoots only 80% on FTs after shooting 70% for 3 weeks.

Top Bottom