• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Finals |OT| Good Job, Good Effort

That was some nice defense by LeBron and Bosh on Durant in the 4th.

Second half was nearly unwatchable with all those terrible fouls (not bad reffing, but bad player decision making)

Thunder had one assist other than Westbrook and Harden, lol.

Ibaka benched again, DPotY and max contract campaign goes on.

snack

heatgirl.gif

Damn I didn't even see this. Hahahahaha

lol, I saw that live and was like: "chyea chyea! Lebrizzy!"

Puddles

Banned
I would love to see your proof of this 10 point win..

Forcing me to bust out the play by plays...

Heat won by 6, but their last three points were icing FTs, so make it 3. Now we need to find a 13 point swing. Shouldn't be hard.

Those two 3 point fouls that shouldn't have been called: 6 points right there.

D-Wade's and-1 where he wasn't touched: 7 points.
LeBron had a similar and-1 with no contact: 8 points.
LeBron charge that wasn't called and instead put him on the line for 2 FTs: 10 points.

That's all I have the energy for... already I want to vomit. You can surely find 3 more unearned Heat points if you look at the game tape later, or on the other end, a few times where LeBron and Bosh hacked some Thunder player that should have led to OKC free throws.

Godslay

Banned
That didn't stop Magic or Jordan beasting in their first finals trip.

What's your point? Durant played very well in the first two games. He played well in the third. In my mind he's free from minor criticism thus far. That's my point.

Even though Lebron has played well this series, he has established record of not playing great in the finals. The criticism for him is based on actual values for the most part. Obviously he is going to get some unwarranted hate, but he has not played to his abilities in the finals.

This is coming from someone who doesn't really care who wins. I just want to see George Karl hoist that trophy up ...

when Peyton wins the Lombardi

Heat won by 6, but their last three points were icing FTs, so make it 3. Now we need to find a 13 point swing. Shouldn't be hard.

LeBron charge that wasn't called and instead put him on the line for 2 FTs: 10 points.

That's all I have the energy for... already I want to vomit. You can surely find 3 more unearned Heat points if you look at the game tape later, or on the other end, a few times where LeBron and Bosh hacked some Thunder player that should have led to OKC free throws.
samuel_l_jackson.gif

jman2050

That username is fitting what with all the melting down you're pulling off right now.

Puddles

Banned
Bitter? you think puddles thinks before he posts? he just bashes out anti-heat diatribe.

I'm not sure they're tears. Stupidity is closer to the mark.

There's no reason to make this personal. Are we not allowed to comment on what our own eyes show us?

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

lol sad.. the whole game was a clusterfuck of reffing.. on both sides.

Blackace

heat should get another sf and let bron run PG full time..

Well that was disappointing... Saw the game at a restaurant during my father's day dinner.

The refs once again bailed out the Heat in a late game situation. Ugh... But OKC did a terrible job of capitalizing on the numerous 4th quarter Heat turnovers and their dreadful outside shooting.

And Westbrook especially in the 3rd and 4th quarter looks like he's been completely neutered. I wonder if all the criticism he's gotten the last few games has thrown him off. I know you don't want Worstbrook shooting you out of games, but he just seems way too passive.

Also hopefully Durant can stay out of foul trouble. Him constantly having to leave the game's prematurely because of foul trouble is making this series lame.

That said, it really feels like the Heat are going to win the series. Usually it's a good sign for your team when you play shitty and yet still somehow manage to win.

Or... You know.... Thunder make their free throws? YNb doesnt turn the ball over as he has this series? Harden shows up and makes a few FGs? Naaaaaaaaaaa, blame it on the refs.

Emwitus

Chris-Bosh.gif

KingGondo

Banned
Not sure what to expect in game 4, which is obviously a must-win.

Can't play much worse than the Thunder did did, but a lot of the damage has been self-inflicted and I hope the team isn't shaken mentally by the fact that things suddenly aren't going their way. Gotta make your FTs and play smarter defense. Lane was way too open in the first half, then there were stupid fouls on the perimeter in the second.

I definitely think they'll win game 4, but I kinda have to think that because if they don't the season is all but over. What a perplexing pair of losses.

Blackace

Not sure what to expect in game 4, which is obviously a must-win.

Can't play much worse than the Thunder did did, but a lot of the damage has been self-inflicted and I hope the team isn't shaken mentally by the fact that things suddenly aren't going their way. Gotta make your FTs and play smarter defense. Lane was way too open in the first half, then there were stupid fouls on the perimeter in the second.

I definitely think they'll win game 4, but I kinda have to think that because if they don't the season is all but over. What a perplexing pair of losses.

becomes a lot harder now.. on the road.. with the heat having a chance to close out at home..

KingGondo

Banned
becomes a lot harder now.. on the road.. with the heat having a chance to close out at home..
Yep. If it comes back to OKC I give the Thunder a decent chance. Just gotta take game 4.

OKC will have to play well to win, but I'm firmly convinced that the league wants a long series if at all possible. Not like that'll probably help them considering how the FT shooting is going. :-x

Puddles

Banned
Feels good to accept the Heat as the champions* its comparable to dreading getting cancer all of my life and now that I've been diagnosed I can finally stop worrying about getting it. Its quite theraputic.

You're already at acceptance? You're a better man than I. For me it's alternating between anger and depression.

Sometimes I've even reached Stage 3: bargaining. Like, "God, I'll sacrifice the last 10 years of my life if the LeBron-led Heat will never chip."

But God doesn't make those bargains. Or maybe he just doesn't exist.

Either way, you're a better man than I.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Fuck you.

Congrats to MiamiWesker, ph33nix and the other non-asshole Heat fans.

My only confidence in a long series comes from the fact that I think the NBA wants it. Hope some of these flukes regress to the mean.

Yeah, I really believe you're a true fan. Tell me your thoughts on the Sonics.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
You're already at acceptance? You're a better man than I. For me it's alternating between anger and depression.

Sometimes I've even reached Stage 3: bargaining. Like, "God, I'll sacrifice the last 10 years of my life if the LeBron-led Heat will never chip."

But God doesn't make those bargains. Or maybe he just doesn't exist.

Either way, you're a better man than I.
:lol

Blackace

If he had blocked it, then inexplicably took it down to the other end and finished it with a windmill dunk, would it be the greatest highlight in NBA history?

only if he tied his necktie on his head like a drunken Japanese salaryman!

Top Bottom