• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Finals |OT| Good Job, Good Effort

KingGondo

Banned
ClovingSteam said:
Lets talk about Houston Rockets basketball

Coincidentally, this was just posted on Twitter:

AvI0nmoCQAETOz7.jpg

Goran and Zoran Dragic

Daryl Morey just got a huge boner.

Tonight I think Bron is going to rip Durant apart, but Westbrook probably tires the hell out of Wade or Chalmers, Ibaka and Perk's limited offensive skills are amplified against whoever the heat trot out there and Harden goes ham against Heat bench.

Bron will probably have to play heavy minutes and guard some combo of Durant/Ibaka/YNB/Harden.

Real interesting game coming up.

Bench and Wade need to show up big to have a chance. Have a feeling Wade ead tonight.

KingKong

Well if you don't want to drop it, let's not forget that Wade had one of the best Finals ever in 2006 (and averaged those precious 35 points you guys seem so fixated on) so it's pretty clear he was the better player

KingGondo

Banned
OKC wins tonight, mainly because it'll take Miami a game to get used to playing at a non-fuckball pace.

Plus OKC has had time to prepare and scheme defensively.

Wade didn't have a player as good as Odom on his team, yet still won more games.

Marion is as good, if not better than, Odom. And His 3-6 were much better.

It's so funny I don't see Kobe in the top 10: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playof...Performances-1

It must be a mistake. But what's this, Shaq is on there for the threepeat? Well that's OK, I'm sure Kobe really contributed to the team as a great second option

lol, using that kind of list is stupid. Kobe played Boston, Orlando, Boston in the recent 3 finals run, the top 2 defenses in the league those years.

Wade played the Mavs. And had the refs.

Shaq got to expose terrible inside Eastern teams. the real NBA Finals each season was the WCF during their three-pete. Go check out what Kobe did in 2001 WCF against one of the best defenses of all time.

TylerD

OKC wins tonight, mainly because it'll take Miami a game to get used to playing at a non-fuckball pace.

Plus OKC has had time to prepare and scheme defensively.

I agree and don't care about how many points. The first time we played them in OKC this year we had some really nice interior passing that was possible due to the over pursuit by the MIAMI defense and our bigs took advantage.

4 wins to go!

Branduil

The worst thing about these Finals is now people will claim either Scott Brooks or Eric Spoelstra is a great coach because "they won a title."

The worst thing about these Finals is now people will claim either Scott Brooks or Eric Spoelstra is a great coach because "they won a title."

There are only 2 great coaches even coaching. Like 25 of the other coaches are interchangable. Then there are a few terrible ones like VDN.

KingGondo

Banned
I agree and don't care about how many points. The first time we played them in OKC this year we had some really nice interior passing that was possible due to the over pursuit by the MIAMI defense and our bigs took advantage.

4 wins to go!
Yep. Reminded me of game 4 against the Spurs. Perk and Ibaka had a high FG%, but it was mainly because of how many dunks they had with our interior passing.

What's gonna be really scary is when they figure out how to do that on a regular basis. The O will be virtually unstoppable.

To me, I feel the same way about this series that I did about the Lakers series. Any game Miami wins will be a close, grind-it-out affair, whereas OKC could potentially win by double-digits in any game.

Just saw this on Twitter. You've gotta be fucking kidding me.

AvNu0yuCEAAVIyh.jpg

LET IT GO.

Top Bottom