• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Finals |OT| Good Job, Good Effort

Essentially- it was a lebatard skit last year

he is wrong. carlisle isn't the most uninteresting person in the world. its impossible to quantify that. there are over 5 billion people on this planet. how do you even define and measure being uninteresting? god, leave it to the heat fans.

MorisUkunRasik said:
That would be super cray, doubt it happens more than once if at all. If Heat win it'll be on the backs of Wade Bron and Bosh.

CrazyDogg77 said:
I think Harden alone can come up bigger than Miami's supporting cast. And OKC's role player most always come up big at home.

I'm betting on most of the Thunder (outside of Perkins, Fish, and Muhammed) getting the classic "trapped in the moment/emotion of playing in their first Finals, playing in their first Finals home game" and their play is negatively affected as a result.

It'll only be for this first game though, I don't expect the Thunder to be continually bested by Rio Chalmers, Udonis Haslem, the Warden, Ronny Turiaf, James Jones, Cole World, Shane Battier, and the walking corpse of Mike Miller.

KingGondo

Banned
KingGondo, are you really going to ignore the lessons of JT?
How am I acting in any way like JT? I said the same stuff before the Lakers series, and I was right.

Making predictions about style of play or the general flow of the series is not what JT does.

JT acts like his team winning is an inevitability, plus he's a huge asshole about it.

Byakuya769 said:
Where's the tech magnate that just bought the Grizzlies live?
He lives in NorCal (Silicon Valley), but Grizz are locked into their arena lease until about 2021 (with heavy economic incentives to prevent them moving). Plus, the Grizz are good so there would be strong community resistance to a move.

Just saw this on Twitter. You've gotta be fucking kidding me.

AvNu0yuCEAAVIyh.jpg

LET IT GO.

Pretty sure thats a photoshop

Vire

Wade is going to be big in this series.

He always steps up come Finals time. Dude is a Finals monster...

He's not the one I'm worried about.

Heat forward Shane Battier said it wouldn't even matter if there was a supernatural visitor.

"I'm such a heavy sleeper," he said. "I have two kids, so I've learned to feign a deep sleep so my wife has to wake up with the kids. It's going to take a little more than a ghost to wake me up in the middle of the night."

Why would you admit this, Shane? Now your wife is going to make sure your ass gets up.

giri

Where does the tech magnate that just bought the Grizzlies live?

The owner of the grizz pulled out of selling the team to balmer cause he wanted to move the team to Seattle.

That was 2 years ago.

The new owner has emphatically stated he has no intention to move the team.

Lkr

The owner of the grizz pulled out of selling the team to balmer cause he wanted to move the team to Seattle.

That was 2 years ago.

The new owner has emphatically stated he has no intention to move the team.

just like Clay Bennett?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Rondo did well against the heat. You don't like Rondo therefore anyone or anything who makes him look good is bad.
There is gonna be some hell to be had on the perimeter.

If Battier can't stay with Durant, and people will find out really quick if he can or not, then LBJ will be on him - leaving Wade and Chalmers to try and deal with Westbrook and Harden. And without help (or the benefit of a Rondocushion) it'll be the biggest challenge that the backcourt will have ever seen.

giri

There is gonna be some hell to be had on the perimeter.

If Battier can't stay with Durant, and people will find out really quick if he can or not, then LBJ will be on him - leaving Wade and Chalmers to try and deal with Westbrook and Harden. And without help (or the benefit of a Rondocushion) it'll be the biggest challenge that the backcourt will have ever seen.

If Bosh is healthy, along with Joel, they atleast have the bigs that are capable of being useful in help defense and keeping them out of the lane.

The series essentially comes down to wade vs harden.

Top Bottom