• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Finals |OT| Good Job, Good Effort

Smokey

If anything Lebron winning a ship means I will hopefully hear less about him as the media backs off him etc

I am not opposed to this

Sanjuro

Give what?

Whatever it is Im sure it doesn't matter to him. If we win, I hope Lebron is happy for himself and not the fact that he is shitting on his haters. Fuck them, he shouldn't play to validate critics.

By embarrassing himself on the court he is only giving more fuel for his haters. Nice try.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
I've come to terms with it that today will mark the day the Heat win a championship. I only blame the Thunder and Brooks. The coaching, line ups and match ups could've been a lot better.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Taken 2 looks awesome. Not that I really needed to see a trailer to know that I was going.

All over my tits and ass. So hyped.

I've come to terms with it that today will mark the day the Heat win a championship. I only blame the Thunder and Brooks. The coaching, line ups and match ups could've been a lot better.

Go up 17? Put in a line-up of YNB, Fisher, Sefalosha, Harden, and Collison versus Wade and Lebron.

Y NOT, says Brooks.

KingGondo

Banned
All 4 games have basically been toss-ups. If a couple breaks go OKC's way it could easily be headed to game 6.

Derrick01

Banned
If anything Lebron winning a ship means I will hopefully hear less about him as the media backs off him etc

I am not opposed to this

Yeah right. They're rooting for him so hard to win multiple so they can cling to anything they can to compare him to Jordan. Shit espn's not even waiting for him to get 1 ring before doing it today and the last few days.

I am not opposed to this

At least in the short term, I think a Lebron ring will lead to an downpour of praise (read:asskissing) from the various sports outlets (read:The Worldwide Leader) and Skip Bayless salt. But they'll definitely still be talking about him.

And unfortunately for him, he's got to keep it up. I think most people saw the first championship as inevitable for a player of his caliber, soon people will want to see more. Plus he promised us like 8 rings. If he doesn't continue to chip, you'll see people put the heat back on him (no pun intended).

Today's the day Joel Anthony and Dexter Pittman get rings, think about that.

On the negative side, I can't use my "Ammo has more rings than the entire Big 3 combined" joke anymore.

PBY

Banned
I believe in my team, I don't believe in my coach though.

If we can win 4 straight against the Spurs, we can win 3 against the Heat. Harden needs to wake the fuck up though.
Not saying this was you- but Scotty brooks was being hailed as some kind of matchup/adjustments guru after the spurs series, not only by the reactionary tv talking heads but also here on gaf. I've always been largely of the opinion that coaching is way overblown, and people read way too much into the myth of coaches and how they actually can impact a game. That being said, rotations are one area where coaching does make some impact- I just feel that if there was an obvious change to be made it would be done; it's easy for us to call for player X to get more minutes, but the coach is in the best position to make that assessment given that he's at all the practices etc. it's like when all the heat fans wanted James jones to get big minutes- well look how that one turned out.

Are you guys going to even watch the full game tonight, or just the last 4 min?

This has been one of the worst finals I have seen since the Spurs were putting America to sleep with their run.

Sacramento would have put up a tougher fight than OKC so far. Supremely disappointed with their play. I knew when they lost Game 2 they were in trouble. This league and its officiating is something else.

PBY

Banned

This has been one of the worst finals I have seen since the Spurs were putting America to sleep with their run.

Sacramento would have put up a tougher fight than OKC so far. Supremely disappointed with their play. I knew when they lost Game 2 they were in trouble. This league and its officiating is something else.
Okay.

Will the winner of this series give rise to a new "great" coach? Meaning that the simple credibility of a ring pushes Spo or Brooks to a point where it's easier for them to motivate and control teams?

PBY

Banned
Will the winner of this series give rise to a new "great" coach? Meaning that the simple credibility of a ring pushes Spo or Brooks to a point where it's easier for them to motivate and control teams?
Yes- both are young so the narrative is gonna be they grew up, matured, and now command respect. And it will be so dumb.

KingGondo

Banned
Not saying this was you- but Scotty brooks was being hailed as some kind of matchup/adjustments guru after the spurs series, not only by the reactionary tv talking heads but also here on gaf. I've always been largely of the opinion that coaching is way overblown, and people read way too much into the myth of coaches and how they actually can impact a game. That being said, rotations are one area where coaching does make some impact- I just feel that if there was an obvious change to be made it would be done; it's easy for us to call for player X to get more minutes, but the coach is in the best position to make that assessment given that he's at all the practices etc. it's like when all the heat fans wanted James jones to get big minutes- well look how that one turned out.
I agree that Brooks is in the best position to make adjustments, but the Spurs series was the exception rather than the rule, IMO.

Ibaka sat on the bench for over a year while Jeff Green routinely stacked up 2 or 3 rebound performances.

I'm not gonna pretend that I have all the answers, but some very basic, obvious adjustments have not been made through 192 minutes of play. I'm not expecting them to be made now.

lulz what. all these games have been close up to the final few seconds. An OT game would be great, but this has been a really fun series. you cray

Yeah right. They're rooting for him so hard to win multiple so they can cling to anything they can to compare him to Jordan. Shit espn's not even waiting for him to get 1 ring before doing it today and the last few days.

Him not winning a ring is a bigger story than him ever winning one. But this is ESPN we're talking about. They love MJ comparisons.

TylerD

I believe in my team, I don't believe in my coach though.

If we can win 4 straight against the Spurs, we can win 3 against the Heat. Harden needs to wake the fuck up though.

Win tonight and bring it home to a madhouse for game 6. I am not giving up hope but am emotionally prepared for defeat. That will all go out the window if we are close or up in the 4th though.

One more home game sounds like a great time to me!

KingKong

Well what can you do when he's the only player since Jordan to put up those kinds of numbers (with better rebounding and assists)

KingGondo

Banned
Win tonight and bring it home to a madhouse for game 6. I am not giving up hope but am emotionally prepared for defeat. That will all go out the window if we are close or up in the 4th though.

One more home game sounds like a great time to me!
At this point I'm almost superstitious. I want to be optimistic, but I feel like something terrible and unpredictable will inevitably happen.

Battier hitting 5/6 from three? Blowing a 17-point lead in 4 minutes (thanks to the likes of Norris Cole)? Chalmers scoring 25? Harden missing a breakaway layup? Durant getting 5 fouls again? It's all in the cards.

I would mainly be bummed to end the season on 4 straight losses. I think they'll find a way to win somehow.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
i've said this before and will continue to type this till i'm dead or the Finals are over (whichever comes first at this point) - as a complete neutral this has been a great Finals to watch. i think only those who have some level fanaticism for either teams or blind emotional hatred towards a particular player (LBJ) would feel otherwise.

this may not be perfect basketball, but they've been thrilling contests with some fantastic shots, amazing individual performances and constant back-and-forth action.

PBY

Banned
i've said this before and will continue to type this till i'm dead or the Finals are over (whichever comes first at this point) - as a complete neutral this has been a great Finals to watch. i think only those who have some level fanaticism for either teams or blind emotional hatred towards a particular player (LBJ) would feel otherwise.

this may not be perfect basketball, but they've been thrilling contests with some fantastic shots, amazing individual performances and constant back-and-forth action.
I have to agree, but Im biased. You have Durants game 1 4th quarter, lebrons efforts, Shane battier, WB going off... A lot of good stuff.

I am not opposed to this

are you kidding me?
you do realize how much dick stroking the sports media will give lebron now?
they'll somehow find a way how to twist his stats to show how he's greater than kobe, duncan and mike, combined.
i.e., "lebron is the first player to score 20pts, 10asists, 5 rebounds, in the first 3 quarters" or some dumbshit stat like that.

TylerD

At this point I'm almost superstitious. I want to be optimistic, but I feel like something terrible and unpredictable will inevitably happen.

Battier hitting 5/6 from three? Blowing a 17-point lead in 4 minutes (thanks to the likes of Norris Cole)? Chalmers scoring 25? Harden missing a breakaway layup? Durant getting 5 fouls again? It's all in the cards.

I would mainly be bummed to end the season on 4 straight losses. I think they'll find a way to win somehow.

Just gotta definitely stay positive and aggressive man. WWYNBD?

KingKong

are you kidding me?
they'll somehow find a way how to twist his stats to show how he's greater than kobe, duncan and mike, combined.
i.e., "lebron is the first player to score 20pts, 10asists, 5 rebounds, in the first 3 quarters" or some dumbshit stat like that.

He's already greater than Kobe and Duncan

PBY

Banned
are you kidding me?
Don't be so bitter, his stats are pretty historic.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

I'm pretty much the same way.

This has been ugly as all hell, but crazy to fun to watch if nothing else.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
These finals have been enjoyable for all the wrong reasons. Make no mistake, this is sophisticated fukball at best.

I'll keep beating this drum until I am blue in the face, but any time that Fisher, Westbrook, Sefalosha, Harden and Collison play more than 5 minutes at the same time is just fucking stupid.

KingGondo

Banned
Just gotta definitely stay positive and aggressive man. WWYNBD?
BTW, I was driving down I-40 the other day and saw this sign in Yukon:

YNB_Main_Logo.jpg

I smell another local endorsement for Russ!

http://www.ynbok.com/

are you kidding me?

Assuming the Heat win tonight,
which is a big assumption I know, OKC fans, you can put the pitchforks and the torches down

lebronsbetterthanjordan.jpg

All discussion about who's better: Lebron or Jordan, will be silly.

Lebron's clearly the GOAT.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Assuming the Heat win tonight,
which is a big assumption I know, OKC fans, you can put the pitchforks and the torches down

lebronsbetterthanjordan.jpg

All discussion about who's better: Lebron or Jordan, will be silly.

Lebron's clearly the GOAT.

I hate when ESPN puts up shit like that. It's not about age. It's about how many seasons you've been in the league.

Top Bottom