• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Finals |OT| Good Job, Good Effort

Smokey

So none of Kobe's rings are alpha rings?

Some of you are such big jokes. Keep moving the goalpost further.

HE PLAYERS WITH SUPERSTARS! HE HAD AN EASY ROAD! ROSE WAS HURT! BOSTON IS OLD! REFS! CONSPIRACY!

Yet if Miami loses its all him, he isn't man enough, clutch enough, or MJ enough. Then have 10 excuses ready handy if they do win.

BTW I think OKC wins tonight. Way too much talk about Miami already won it and they are going to come out slow, fall behind 10+ points, and then spend the rest of the game catching up.

the bolded is true tho

Well I am off to the game. I should have pictures to share later. We better do this tonight. LETS GO HEAT!!!!

Enjoy yourself.

Seeing my NBA team win a championship on their homecourt would be amazing.

Bobcats won't win a chip in my lifetime

And I'm 18, so long lifetime left

I played a simulation of tonights game in NBA Live. Heat won 67 to 48. LeBron had 39 points on 9/16, Wade had 8 points on 4/8, Durant had 15 points on 5/9, Westbrook had 4 points on 1/14. Yes One for Fourteen. I expect tonights results to be similar.

lol lol lol

Would Miami fans even care enough to riot if they won?

LA rioted over an ice soccer championship.

Any excuse to go wild/party more is a good one.

BTW I think OKC wins tonight. Way too much talk about Miami already won it and they are going to come out slow, fall behind 10+ points, and then spend the rest of the game catching up.

Miami was down by 17 after the first quarter in Game 4.

And won.

You might be underestimating the Thunder's ability to go full retard, especially in this stage.

zargle

Not from Miami but I am rooting for the Heat this finals. I think the reason Wade is being shitted on is because outside of two games against the Pacers, he has been extremely inconsistent, turns the ball over, and just doesn't seem to be into the game.

Wade of old was amazing. Old Wade is sometimes there sometimes not.

I find myself rooting against Wade because he is the player I see complaining to the refs the most and the most blatantly. I am aware other players are flopping and complaining as well, I just happen to see Wade's arms up in the air or with his dumbfounded incredulous look on while he is sitting on the floor the most, so he annoys me the most.

Smokey

No shit. But its true for all players and the superstars too. No one superstar HOF has ever won a ring by himself. Yet with Lebron its all this BS.

so then don't get pissed off when people are stating facts

also for the second part see: hakeem, first ship. go back last year and see dirk with the mavs.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
My NBAjam simulation yielded similar results.

I used Double Dribble to simulate tonight's game, using the Boston Frogs as the Heat and the Chicago Ox as the Thunder. After a while I just restarted the game to hear the game say "DOUBLE DRIBBLE" again.

I don't understand why ESPN thought that hiring Steve Javie as "a referee analyst" was a good idea.

So... how many superstars and perennial all-stars were on the Mavs team last year?

uh...

Kidd and Marion.

One of which is a first ballot HOF.

I don't even like Bron like that but c'mon son.

Dude earned this chip (if they win of course).

The Heat literally don't get by Boston if Bron doesn't turn god mode on.

There's hating and then there is delusion.

Hold dat L on your chest and move on, LeBron won.

Smokey

I'd say the defensive player of the year and the best bench scorer are pretty important. Do you think the 09 and 10 Lakers only had one star?

i am not arguing that he didn't have good players around him...but they were not star players. every player you named had a role on that squad and delivered but dirk was the only star player on that team

the point was the last team to do it with one star and it was the 10-11 mavs..

KingKong

i am not arguing that he didn't have good players around him...but they were not star players. every player you named had a role on that squad and delivered but dirk was the only star player on that team

Do you mean star as defined by ESPN? I would think anyone that knows about basketball would realize how much of an impact Tyson Chandler had

edit: OK, so what do you mean by star? How many stars are there in the NBA by these metrics? Is Chris Bosh a star? Is Pau Gasol a star? What about Ben Wallace?

Canuck76

Banned
Man if dudes are mad now...

what will this place be like when/if they win tonight?

I expect at least one GAF crash and like 2 bans.

Honestly the saltiest people look they'll be bystanders and not OKC fans. Gondo and Tyler have all been pretty mature to the point of practically giving up here.

I'd say 3 bans, all drive by posters

I'd say the defensive player of the year and the best bench scorer are pretty important. Do you think the 09 and 10 Lakers only had one star?

Of course it was important. That's how they won a gotdam championship.

But don't start making up shit that the only way a team can win a championship is if it's loaded up with superstars and all-stars.

Instead it's entirely possible to win with one superstar, and very strong role-players, which Dirk proved last year. The '04 Pistons also disagree with you by having a balanced team, which didn't have any superstars on it.

KingKong

Of course it was important. That's how they won a gotdam championship.

But don't start making up shit that the only way a team can win a championship is if it's loaded up with superstars and all-stars.

Instead it's entirely possible to win with one superstar, and very strong role-players, which Dirk proved last year. The '04 Pistons also disagree with you by having a balanced team, which didn't have any superstars on it.

Well I didn't make any argument, but if stars are defined by ESPN/public perception then there are only a handful of stars in the NBA and they become stars just because people think they're a star now

I mean if a guy like Amar'e is considered a star and Chandler wasn't until the championship and DPOY award then...

masud

Banned
Taking my girl to an amusement park, will check the score when I get home. If the Heat win I’m not watching sports television for a week. Last days son…

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
Clarissa Thompson doesn't come close to matching Beadle on Sports Nation, and catching Beadle on Access Hollywood was downright jarring. I did get an extended, intense view of her tanned cleavage thankfully.

uh...

Kidd and Marion.

One of which is a first ballot HOF.

I don't even like Bron like that but c'mon son.

Dude earned this chip (if they win of course).

The Heat literally don't get by Boston if Bron doesn't turn god mode on.

There's hating and then there is delusion.

Hold dat L on your chest and move on, LeBron won.

Wat?

Don't enter an argument if you don't even know what it's about.

No one is saying Lebron didn't earn it. The whole point was someone asserted that he's going to also have his "alpha" championship this year, which is just completely laughable. Basically we have people in this thread who are either trying to reduce Wade and Bosh to (max-contract) role-players or somehow say every championship team has had a cast of superstars and perennial all-stars.

Yes Lebron is going to earn his championship this year, but don't make it more than it really is. If he wanted a true "alpha dog" championship he should have stayed in Cleveland or gone to New York. Instead he chose the easiest way to get a championship. Lebron even said himself he doesn't expect to win any more MVP awards by choosing to go to Miami. Lucky for Lebron, the media thinks like you guys and quickly forgot that he's on a fucking super team.

KingGondo

Banned
Honestly the saltiest people look they'll be bystanders and not OKC fans. Gondo and Tyler have all been pretty mature to the point of practically giving up here.

I'd say 3 bans, all drive by posters
I haven't given up. If a comeback from 3-1 is ever gonna happen in the Finals, it'll happen here.

That's not to say I haven't prepared for the season being over tonight, but I feel more confident down 3-1 against Miami than I did down 2-0 against San Antonio. The Thunder have had solid chances to win every game.

We're due for some breaks tonight.

Wat?

No one is saying Lebron didn't earn it. The whole point was someone asserted that he's going to also have his "alpha" championship this year, which is just completely laughable. Basically we have people in this thread who are either trying to reduce Wade and Bosh to (max-contract) role-players or somehow say every championship team has had a cast of superstars and perennial all-stars.

Yes Lebron is going to earn his championship this year, but don't make it more than it really is. If he wanted a true "alpha dog" championship he should have stayed in Cleveland or gone to New York. Instead he chose the easiest way to get a championship. Lebron even said himself he doesn't expect to win any more MVP awards by choosing to go to Miami. Lucky for Lebron, the media thinks like you guys and quickly forgot that Lebron is on a fucking super team.

Alpha means he is the best player and the most important...

Yes it's easier with Wade and Bosh (although Wade has been ass and Bosh was hurt) than with Mo Gotti and Jamison's corpse but LeBron is the best and more important dude on his team.

If this is the case then Shaq has no alpha rings. Nor does Kobe.

LeBron is the only reason the Heat are going to win a chip this year (if they do).

Look like I said I don't even like Bron like that but at this point it's just dudes catchign feelings and moving goal posts to invalidate him winning and it's just sad.

At least use the shortened season excuse, or weak year...

but "lolol it's not an alpha ring" is bullshit.

Wat?

Yes Lebron is going to earn his championship this year, but don't make it more than it really is. If he wanted a true "alpha dog" championship he should have stayed in Cleveland or gone to New York. Instead he chose the easiest way to get a championship. Lebron even said himself he doesn't expect to win any more MVP awards by choosing to go to Miami. Lucky for Lebron, the media thinks like you guys and quickly forgot that he's on a fucking super team.
this is stupid dude

I hope you're joking here

And no way in hell Dirk chips without Chandler...

You know what gets really annoying? Players and media always stating that they have a game 7 mentality in every FUCKING game. Game 1, "We're looking at this like it's a game 7." Game 2, "We're taking this game like it's game 7." Game 3, "We know we have to come out here and play like it's game 7." We get it, every fucking game in a series is like a game 7, just shut the fuck up already.

Alpha means he is the best player and the most important...

Yes it's easier with Wade and Bosh (although Wade has been ass and Bosh was hurt) than with Mo Gotti and Jamison's corpse but LeBron is the best and more important dude on his team.

Except as I mentioned earlier, the Heat were losing the series against Boston on the verge of elimination until Chris Bosh returned and had meaningful minutes. Lebron needs Wade and Bosh to win a championship just as much as they need him. If anything Bosh is probably the most important component among the 3. Both Wade and Lebron were flailing for a good part of the Pacers and Celtics series when Bosh was out. They never looked championship ready until Bosh came back. So while Lebron is the best of the 3, his importantance is not substantially greater than the other two.

Honestly Lebron should be kissing Bosh's ass right now. He's basically the silent partner that's financing Lebron's first championship while Lebron reaps all the public adulations.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I bet if I turned on ESPN or ESPNews right now, I'd be greeted with Lebron. I'm not going to check, but I know I'm right.

DJ88

Well tickets to the game are too much. I'll be having a viewing party followed by running to the arena drunk if they win so I won't be able to post here. Heat needs to finish this thing tonight, I hope LeBron has a huge game, and good luck Heat age. LET'S GO HEAT!!!!!

Wesker you're a lucky bastard.

this is stupid dude

I hope you're joking here

And no way in hell Dirk chips without Chandler...

And?

We are just saying Dirk wasn't on a team that had other max-contract franchise players. Dirk was basically the only superstar/all-star scoring threat, the rest were strong role-players. The Pistons in '04 didn't have any superstars whatsoever.

Lebron can have his championship but stop acting like this championship wasn't anything but the least competitive way for Lebron to get a ring.

It's like the kids who stack their NBA 2K teams with 99 max slider characters so they can unlock all the achievements. Yes an championship is a championship, but by Lebron choosing to go to Miami he chose to get his first ring on the rookie settings. Don't cry to me if that bothers you. It's the truth.

Except as I mentioned earlier, the Heat were losing the series against Boston on the verge of elimination until Chris Bosh returned and had meaningful minutes. Lebron needs Wade and Bosh to win a championship just as much as they need him. If anything Bosh is probably the most important component among the 3. Both Wade and Lebron were flailing for a good part of the Pacers and Celtics series when Bosh was out. They never looked championship ready until Bosh came back. So while Lebron is the best of the 3, his importantance is not substantially greater than the other two.

Honestly Lebron should be kissing Bosh's ass right now. He's basically the silent partner that's financing Lebron's first championship while Lebron reaps all the public adulations.

I do agree that Bosh needs to get more love.

No doubt.

But Bron's 45 against Boston was also big.

Even dudes with "alpha" rings need help. Dirk went apeshit but he doesn't win without Chander and Terry. Kobe doesn't win without Odom and Pau.

Is LeBron's task easier due to the quality of his help?

yeah but lets not act like he's not the main factor behind it..

He's the alpha or at least he has been this series.

And?

We are just saying Dirk wasn't on a team that had other max-contract franchise players. Dirk was basically the only superstar/all-star scoring threat, the rest were strong role-players. The Pistons in '04 didn't have any superstars whatsoever.

Lebron can have his championship but stop acting like this championship wasn't anything but the least competitive way for Lebron to get a ring.

It's like the kids who stack their NBA 2K teams with 99 max slider characters so they can unlock all the achievements. Yes an championship is a championship, but by Lebron choosing to go to Miami he chose to get his first ring on the rookie settings. Don't cry to me if that bothers you. It's the truth.
Dude wasn't going to win in CLE

I'm sure if he had been drafted onto a team with a great FO, he wouldn't have left. But he got Gilbert.

Quit trying to invalidate it. It's stupid.

That is not what is happening.
I mean what the hell man, he made use of free agency.

Why would he have gone to NY? FO is terribad, roster makes no sense. Why stay in CLE? Gilbert was dumb enough to take his superstar's advice on who to get.

Do Kobe's chips not count? How about Timmy's?

These guys lucked into great organizations...

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I mean what the hell man, he made use of free agency.

Why would he have gone to NY? FO is terribad, roster makes no sense. Why stay in CLE? Gilbert was dumb enough to take his superstar's advice on who to get.

Do Kobe's chips not count? How about Timmy's?

These guys lucked into great organizations...

Are you lost?

Are you safe where you are posting from?

Keep posting. Help is on the way.

Top Bottom