• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Finals |OT| Good Job, Good Effort

No, I didn't. If the Sonics would have gotten a new stadium he wouldn't have been able to move the team. The Sonics aren't in seattle anymore because the politicians and over half the state's residents went full on retard. The people in Seattle don't care about basketball. If they did the Sonics would still be around.

yeah. Clearly not wanting to give tax payer money to billionaires to help them build stadiums for themselves shows they don't' care about basketball.

PBY

Banned
Bosh was down for a crucial stretch and wade was inconsistent. Its was a different player showing up every nite

CONGRATS HEAT AGE! GG THUNDER AGE! SO HYPED!

Shadow- I was wrong to doubt the avy.

Pheenix, hi five bro.

Wesker, Futon, MOB, twin turbo- SWAG POTS AND PANS.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
So its bad to snicker that Bosh decided to get on his knees and double pump the champaign bottle when it exploded in his mouth....

6dd35f0abc0611e19e4a12313813ffc0_7.jpg

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
No, I didn't. If the Sonics would have gotten a new stadium he wouldn't have been able to move the team. The Sonics aren't in seattle anymore because the politicians and over half the state's residents went full on retard. The people in Seattle don't care about basketball. If they did the Sonics would still be around.

lol whatever son.. the people can't be expected to pay in full for a stadium.. look at the deal now. Investors have money up for the stadium.. and the people pay the rest. I think Clay paid for the Thunder's home himself in full..no such love in Seattle..

Also, other investors offered to buy the team back once it became clear he wanted to move it.. and he wouldn't sell even for a profit.. so it was a jackmove from the get..

Your coach isn't your problem. People want to praise how your front office drafted, but your team has major holes. Harden is wasted space when his flops quit working. Your front court is borderline worthless on the offensive side of the ball. Your PG is inconsistent and makes dumb plays. Durant's defense is questionable and he needs to learn to play in the paint. If you think coaching will remedy these things then you're wrong.

You're going way too far with these criticisms man. They were 3 wins away from winning a title. Their front court needs to improve a lot on offense and as a team they need to toughen up a bit, but past that they are set to dominate for years to come. The future is blaring bright in OKC.

charsace

Most people offer to put up some money for a new stadium..

Making the team as bad as possible and an unrealistic demand that the city pays for a stadium in a year... yeah seems on the up and up..

You mean he shouldn't have started rebuilding? Because that's what he did. They rebuilt the team through the draft. He took a marketable player in Durant so I doubt they made the team bad just to rebuild.

KingGondo

Banned
Go look at what happened. Bennett couldn't move the Sonics if the new stadium got approved. The politicians and hippies were against the Sonics getting a new stadium.
Dude, I know you're taking up my cause, but just stop.

Bennett bought the team knowing that he planned to move it, and that Schultz was a greedy bastard who would take a high offer, and that stadium fatigue had set in and Seattle taxpayers wouldn't build a new arena for the Sonics. Add in the (legit) rebuilding process that involved blowing up the team, and you had a perfect mix of apathy that would allow him to bring the NBA to OKC.

I personally think Schultz is more to blame, but what Bennett did is undeniably shitty and duplicitous. I think Seattle deserves another team and it sucks that a lot of people there will never be able to appreciate the specialness of the Thunder because of how shit went down.

Congrats Heat-Age. Next season can't get here soon enough.

You're going way too far with these criticisms man. They were 3 wins away from winning a title. Their front court needs to improve a lot on offense and as a team they need to toughen up a bit, but past that they are set to dominate for years to come. The future is blaring bright in OKC.

The Magic were 3 wins away from winning a title with a 24 year old Dwight and look at where they are now.

Nothing is ever guaranteed in this league.

If anything the commercial encapsulates the sentiment here, namely that Lebron should have already gotten a ring.

It's disingenuous. We know how LeBron and Cleveland's marriage ended. It didn't end with some dude waiting for a Miami Heat championship with baited breath.

I'm happy for LeBron. He's too good to not win a championship, but that Cleveland thing will always stay with his legacy.

Blackace

You mean he shouldn't have started rebuilding? Because that's what he did. They rebuilt the team through the draft. He took a marketable player in Durant so I doubt they made the team bad just to rebuild.

He took KD and traded Ray-Ray for Jeff Green.. who does that?

cdyhybrid

Skip Bayless ‏@RealSkipBayless
This series turned on LeBron's obvious foul on Durant that went shockingly uncalled with 9 seconds left in G2 in Durant's house.

:jnc

Oh Skip...

Blackace

Dude, I know you're taking up my cause, but just stop.

Bennett bought the team knowing that he planned to move it, and that Schultz was a greedy bastard who would take a high offer, and that stadium fatigue had set in and Seattle taxpayers wouldn't build a new arena for the Sonics. Add in the (legit) rebuilding process that involved blowing up the team, and you had a perfect mix of apathy that would allow him to bring the NBA to OKC.

I personally think Schultz is more to blame, but what Bennett did is undeniably shitty and duplicitous. I think Seattle deserves another team and it sucks that a lot of people there will never be able to appreciate the specialness of the Thunder because of how shit went down.

Congrats Heat-Age. Next season can't get here soon enough.

I don't hate on you as a fan.. you know that.. But I just can't root for the Plunder until we do get a team again.. I don't wish any harm on them (except Clay) and as a fan you should know what it is like to love a team..

KingGondo

Banned
He took KD and traded Ray-Ray for Jeff Green.. who does that?
And Green was parlayed into Perk, who helped the Thunder get as far as they did.

Sonics weren't going anywhere with max contracts to guys like Jesus and Rashard Lewis.

Hate Bennett all you want, but Presti's plan has been virtually flawless up to this point.

Top Bottom