• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Finals |OT| Good Job, Good Effort

Sunhi, you got that closing shot of Lebron looking at the trophy that ABC just went to break with?

I wasn't able to get an ABC stream that was high quality enough, and that stream turned off during the Bosh interview. I'll probably download the game later today to see what I missed.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Nobody cares about the Sonics anymore outside of a small pocket of the country. Sorry man, but it's true.

And nobody roots for teams because of ownership. Bennett is a douche, but KD is great and they should be proud of how they fought.

lol...

That's why the Sonics come up every time the Plunder do something?

And you might not root for a team because of ownership.. but ownership is a root to stop rooting for a team..

And they shouldn't be proud of how they played in the finals.. They had a great year and playoff run.. but stank in the finals..

Eight years later and "The chosen one" finally got a ring, whoooo-yeah, time to get this long awaited "dynasty" kickstarted! Might wanna strap a few more carts in front of that horse though, Lebron because Wade's gettin' old.

Guess what LBJ did not win this himself. If he could he would have done it in Cleveland.

image.php

You're not talking about about anything. You're just talking out your ass like every other shit talking, LeBron hating douche out there. Keep making excuses.

Who said I hated Lebron? LoL.

i guess by seeing the obvious and not being an ignorant fanboy makes me a lebron hating douche.

uh.. lol.. ok?

they didn't shot poorly from the line ALL series?

shooting from the foul line poorly when you go alot fewer times doesn't really matter.

and lebrons shown shooting from the foul line poorly doesnt matter in the boston series, among other things in that series.

Blackace

Bennett didn't steal the team. He proposed a stadium plan that the politicians shot down. He would have kept the team in Seattle if they would have given him a new stadium. Instead they give new stadiums to the Seahawks and Mariners(lol to both).

You got everything wrong but Bennett's name! Good job!

charsace

Yeah, I guess that's why a member of Bennett's own company blatantly said that they purchased the Sonics with the intent of moving them.

Go look at what happened. Bennett couldn't move the Sonics if the new stadium got approved. The politicians and hippies were against the Sonics getting a new stadium.

cdyhybrid

Bennett didn't steal the team. He proposed a stadium plan that the politicians shot down. He would have kept the team in Seattle if they would have given him a new stadium. Instead they give new stadiums to the Seahawks and Mariners(lol to both).

Yeah, it's not like those stadiums were already finished for years or anything. They chose to build Safeco and CLink over a Sonics arena.

Pretty sure this quote alone is termination-worthy.

Your coach isn't your problem. People want to praise how your front office drafted, but your team has major holes. Harden is wasted space when his flops quit working. Your front court is borderline worthless on the offensive side of the ball. Your PG is inconsistent and makes dumb plays. Durant's defense is questionable and he needs to learn to play in the paint. If you think coaching will remedy these things then you're wrong.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Bennett had NO INTENTION of keeping the team in Seattle. His ownership group was playing the long game from day one, and it paid off. I could go on in this vein for a while, but in the offseason thread.

Today, Pimpwerx becomes a man!

Bosh and Wade are now random people.

lol this was what I was thinking. Mike Miller, Shane Battier, and Mario Chalmers all had HUGE contributions in this series (not to mention Wade and Bosh). The Heat won the title this year as a TEAM, they were the best. One player doesn't win a championship. Hopefully, one day people will figure this out.

Cipherr

Man Brooks is a class act, F the haters, he is handling this conference with real class man. He is clearly hurting but I like every word he is saying.

charsace

You got everything wrong but Bennett's name! Good job!
No, I didn't. If the Sonics would have gotten a new stadium he wouldn't have been able to move the team. The Sonics aren't in seattle anymore because the politicians and over half the state's residents went full on retard. The people in Seattle don't care about basketball. If they did the Sonics would still be around.

Zep

Banned
Bennett had NO INTENTION of keeping the team in Seattle. His ownership group was playing the long game from day one, and it paid off. I could go on in this vein for a while, but in the offseason thread.

Today, Pimpwerx becomes a man!

So, Pimp gets his chance to post here again?

Blackace

Go look at what happened. Bennett couldn't move the Sonics if the new stadium got approved. The politicians and hippies were against the Sonics getting a new stadium.

Most people offer to put up some money for a new stadium..

Making the team as bad as possible and an unrealistic demand that the city pays for a stadium in a year... yeah seems on the up and up..

Top Bottom