• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Finals |OT| Good Job, Good Effort

DCX

DCX
KKWTh.jpg

Like a Durant three in the fourth quarter!

DCX

linsivvi

Screw this whole thing.

How many of Durant's 4th quarter output was FT's?

Using the refs

sooo clutch

Wait, did you actually look at the pic?

I mean, what part of 6-10 FG and 4-4 FT do you not understand?

They had exactly the same number of FT attempts.

Now STFU.

I thought he was being sarcastic, the pic just said he was 4-4 in the 4th.

He's not. He's been on this unexplainable Thunder hate train for a while now.

The Heat can win if Wade and Bosh play way better than they did and I think that can happen.

Are you arguing that Magic is a good analyst or something?

I really think a lot of the offense was okay tonight---except when the ball went into Wade's hands. We had a decent flow and generally got people involved but he broke shit up and was fucking horrendous.

KingGondo

Banned
Decent?

Dude had 30/9/4/4.

smh @ you saying he had a "decent" game.

If Harden hits his averages, this thing is a laugher.
Truth.

OKC also missed more FTs than they usually do.

LeBron doesn't deserve the blame for this, nobody on the Heat played well in the second half. OKC made great defensive adjustments that fucked with everyone on their roster. He's a great player who could have made a much better decision with his free agency destination.

I really think a lot of the offense was okay tonight---except when the ball went into Wade's hands. We had a decent flow and generally got people involved but he broke shit up and was fucking horrendous.

Yeah, the Thunder scoring every time was a lot worse for the Heat, but that could be fixed up with some adjustments (though the Thunder are definitely incredibly difficult to defend)

Truth.

OKC also missed more FTs than they usually do.

LeBron doesn't deserve the blame for this, nobody on the Heat played well. OKC made great defensive adjustments that fucked with everyone on their roster. He's a great player who could have made a much better decision with his free agency destination.

Lebron played well. He had a good game. Not a great game, but good. Not a great 4th. But not a bad 4th, either. And Battier/Chalmers played well. Everyone else, though...

Durant was great all game long. So fucking good. I love watching him play, but I also know the Lakers are fucked which is a bit saddening.

Canuck76

Banned
To me this doesn't ring as a game where Lebron was "unclutch".

He took the shots he was given when Wade wasn't taking them.

He made some critical 3rd quarter drives right to the basket (particularly that sweet stop and spin shot).

Wade seemed to have some airspace to hit a couple of 3's and missed those.

Didn't hear much out of Bosh the entire night.

Overall team loss, can't really pin it on one guy

Decent?

Dude had 30/9/4/4.

smh @ you saying he had a "decent" game.

If Harden hits his averages, this thing is a laugher.

Its certainly wasn't a monster game. Like I said he was decent enough to impact the game but he missed his share of gimmes. I can't recall him hitting any jumper he took, which is bad even for him.

I know I started it but lets not get into the what if game because we could go back and forth all night. Its one game, lets see what happens next.

Lebron was off since the jump and still managed to have a impact on the game. He hits even a few of those jumpers and this game might be a different story. There was no monkey.

Keep telling yourself that. There will be no monkey when ESPN can't post graphics like this:

lebrondurant4thquarterg.png

Lebron didn't gain any confidence from his 4th quarter performance tonight.

Bron basically went 3-6 every quarter. They lost, so it looks worse than it was. Wade gotta give more. But 3 straight home games. They should win 2.

KD's jumpshot is on rapid fire, so he gonna shoot 50 percent and better all the time. The graphic means nothing to me.

Well we are basically fucked if KD keeps making the catch and shoots. We're fronting the shit out of him and forcing it away when that happens but we got killed by his quick triggers tonight

When we trapped YNB and Harden it worked out pretty well, but because Wade fucked up the offense we had too many mismatched defensive possessions in the 2nd

Lebron played well. He had a good game. Not a great game, but good. Not a great 4th. But not a bad 4th, either. And Battier/Chalmers played well. Everyone else, though...

Durant was great all game long. So fucking good. I love watching him play, but I also know the Lakers are fucked which is a bit saddening.

Yerp.

That kid is a fucking assassin. That shit he did to us with that 3 point dagger was a taste of things to come.

It's not impossible but this is gonna be a difficult series for the Heat to win with that 8 man rotation that Spos is rolling with.

Cloudy

Banned
It's not so much that Lebron lost them the game. But it's just hilariously funny that he seems to be completely incapable of putting his team on his shoulders in the 4th like Durant just did (btw, in Durant's first ever Finals game).

The game was basically even going into the 4th. One superstar took on the challenge and succeeded, the other one didn't - the one who is the supposed league MVP.

No one is calling Wade the league MVP right now. But yes, the reason you guys lost the game is bigger than Lebron's forgettable 4th quarter. It's just it doesn't bode well for you that Lebron hasn't got the 4th quarter monkey off his back. You have to be capable of winning close games, not just front-running in blow outs.

I think this is unfair. LeBron's stats are very similar to Durant's. Difference is KD's #2 played well (I feel Westbrook brought OKC back in this game like he's done all playoffs)

Switch Wade and Westbrook and Miami wins EASILY

TylerD

waiting to get a pic on the court with the finals logo.

3 wins away from a world championship!

The arena was electric as usual.

KingGondo

Banned

I edited it, I didn't mean to imply that LBJ didn't play well.

Bottom line is he needs some help. I stand by my statement that he chose poorly with his FA destination.

Bulls or Knicks would have made much more sense.

linsivvi

Yes I am. Pretty sure he has pissed away more knowledge of basketball than anyone on this message board can ever hope to have.

So you're one of those internet guys who use that 1st grade argument that you can't criticize someone unless you are an expert in that field?

You should totally lead your debate team against shadowdork.

Don't worry internet analysts I have no doubt you know more about basketball than a hall of fame point guard.

Yep. Confirmed.

Everyone you say from this point onward should be ignored.

DCX

DCX
I think this is unfair. LeBron's stats are very similar to Durant's. Difference is KD's #2 played well (I feel Westbrook brought OKC back in this game like he's done all playoffs)

Switch Wade and Westbrook and Miami wins EASILY

Collison's energy was key imo. He also got jobbed with BS fouls almost back to back with the elbow to the face from Bosh ( foul and FTs ) and the charge that become a foul ( and one )
The fix was trying to be in.

DCX

I edited it, I didn't mean to imply that LBJ didn't play well.

Bottom line is he needs some help. I stand by my statement that he chose poorly with his FA destination.

Bulls or Knicks would have made much more sense.
Even I said back then Knicks didn't make sense, he would go where he felt comfortable and could be Robin. Can you imagine him dealing with the NY media?

Top Bottom