• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Finals |OT| Good Job, Good Effort

I think this is unfair. LeBron's stats are very similar to Durant's. Difference is KD's #2 played well (I feel Westbrook brought OKC back in this game like he's done all playoffs)

Switch Wade and Westbrook and Miami wins EASILY

No one is saying Lebron played bad. Very good game overall actually. I've been talking strictly about the 4th quarter. Lebron essentially went 1-5 when the game mattered while Durant was torching Miami in the 4th. Lebron didn't lose them the game, but he didn't win it either when he was perfectly capable. The game was basically tied going into the 4th. Durant playing well opened things up for Westbrook and others. Lebron never picked it up enough to open things up for the others in the 4th.

My point stands.

poetictrollyoeh0.jpg
yessssssssssss

KingGondo

Banned
With Amare Stoudemire? Yeah ok
At least they had shooters to spread the floor and guys that complement his talents. I'll give you that Amar'e sucks though.

I didn't and still don't understand The Decision--Wade and Bron together doesn't make sense except on the fast break.

Stephen A Smith: I'm a fan of Russell Westbrook. I hung with him in college. He fathered my child.

BUT HE HAS GOT TO GIVE THE BALL TO KEVIN DURANT.

Cloudy

Banned
Stephen A. Smith is a MORON. Westbrook was 2 rebs away from a triple-double and his attacking is why teams can't double KD

No one is saying Lebron played bad. Very good game overall actually. I've been talking strictly about the 4th quarter. Lebron essentially went 1-5 when the game mattered while Durant was torching Miami in the 4th. Lebron didn't lose them the game, but he didn't win it either when he was perfectly capable. The game was basically tied going into the 4th. Durant playing well opened things up for Westbrook and others. Lebron never picked it up enough to open things up for the others in the 4th.

My point stands.
Eh, I think Westbrook gave Durant the entire 3rd quarter off. Durant had the most energy aside from Collison in the 4th. It was pretty obvious what a 2nd option on offense can do. Lebron didn't have that tonight. Wade was just utterly terrible.

linsivvi

And Popovich is a terrible coach, he's never even played in the NBA

Popovich, the Van Gundys, Mike Brown, they should all refrain from doing anything NBA related.

Yeah, I know, one of them is not like the others.

Who is better?

Analyst Magic
Coach Magic
Talk Show Host Magic

Backseat GM Magic.

"Mike Brown will be fired if Lakers lose to Denver"

Why couldn't they just lose in the first round instead?

giri

I edited it, I didn't mean to imply that LBJ didn't play well.

Bottom line is he needs some help. I stand by my statement that he chose poorly with his FA destination.

Bulls or Knicks would have made much more sense.

hahahaha i called it on irc about 3 hours ago.

It's awesome that this is starting up again.

in 2 years when he's on a new team do we write this off as a horrible team with no help, again?

in 2 years when he's on a new team do we write this off as a horrible team with no help, again?

OLD Wade, Shane Battier, Mike Miller, Mario Chalmers, Joel Anthony, SOFT Bosh

I can see it now.

What about LeBron's game tonight hurt Wade's rhythm or whatever?

I mean, Wade dominated the ball for the entire second half, how did LeBron hurt his game?

Canuck76

Banned
Stephen A. Smith is a MORON. Westbrook was 2 rebs away from a triple-double and his attacking is why teams can't double KD

He was coach nicking westcrook?

I hate the Thunder, and especially westcrook

But you can't act like he ain't critical in this.

Keep telling yourself that. There will be no monkey when ESPN can't post graphics like this:

lebrondurant4thquarterg.png

Lebron didn't gain any confidence from his 4th quarter performance tonight.

WTF is this graphic supposed to prove? Everybody in the thread seems to agree that this was a decent game from Lebron, yet you still come in here to post non-nonsensical rants because of whatever crackhead like obsession you have with this guy. It was the same thing when your junkie ass was going on about vindication or whatever before G6 ECF.

You are fucking weird.

Ramblin

Banned
Popovich, the Van Gundys, Mike Brown, they should all refrain from doing anything NBA related.

Yeah, I know, one of them is not like the others.

Backseat GM Magic.

"Mike Brown will be fired if Lakers lose to Denver"

Why couldn't they just lose in the first round instead?

I'm sorry I didn't realize you were a coach my bad.

At least they had shooters to spread the floor and guys that complement his talents. I'll give you that Amar'e sucks though.

I didn't and still don't understand The Decision--Wade and Bron together doesn't make sense except on the fast break.

Wade and Bron are great on defense, and they do work well on offense when they post up and use each other in screens. It works when they don't play hero fucking ball.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Westbrook looks like he has the town of Whoville on his shirt. He needs to kill that shirt with fire

linsivvi

WTF is this graphic supposed to prove? Everybody in the thread seems to agree that this was a decent game from Lebron, yet you still come in here to post non-nonsensical rants because of whatever crackhead like obsession you have with this guy. It was the same thing when your junkie ass was going on about vindication or whatever before G6 ECF.

You are fucking weird.

Because decent is not enough for a 3xMVP on the biggest stage of basketball. Get it?

If you wanna win and if you wanna win 8 titles, decent is not enough.

KingGondo

Banned
NBA TV has Webber and Kenny Smith, btw.

I can't take any more ESPN.

giri said:

If Wade was in his prime, there's no doubt they'd be better.

But I see your point--it's almost like LBJ's game is too flowing for it to be effective when it really matters. He gets his stats, but he seems to have trouble taking control of games since you can't depend on scrubs to make (open) shots in general. When he starts thinking "I should really start scoring," that's when he forces things and is least effective.

giri

OLD Wade, Shane Battier, Mike Miller, Mario Chalmers, Joel Anthony, SOFT Bosh

I can see it now.

Busted up mike miller. Chalmers before he was a franchise PG. Battier who couldn't shoot.

What about LeBron's game tonight hurt Wade's rhythm or whatever?

I mean, Wade dominated the ball for the entire second half, how did LeBron hurt his game?

I never said wade played well. But it's dwyane wade. It's not deshawn stevenson.

Did someone fucking say this?

WHO FUCKING SAID THIS?!?!?!
Gondo

Top Bottom