• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Finals |OT| Good Job, Good Effort

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
FUTURE NEWS:

After Lebron complained to the media about refs swallowing their whistles while he was being roughed up by tough D, David Stern sent out a league wide memo saying, quote "Like mother, like son."

Astounding. We have a new meme.

Why the fuck does NBAtv suck so fucking hard? I mean, they just keep showing the same shit all day long, and it's been going on like this since last week. Don't they have a Finals in progress that they can talk about or something?

Why the fuck does NBAtv suck so fucking hard? I mean, they just keep showing the same shit all day long, and it's been going on like this since last week. Don't they have a Finals in progress that they can talk about or something?

They've been doing this since the network began. Its the worst of all four major networks.

reilo

From here on out, ethering shall be renamed to sterning.

"You got Sterned, son!"

h3ro

Clovis, regale us with more stories of Commander Stern's exploits against Rome please.

I NEED audio of this. Stern is the best.

NAS WON.

Clovis, regale us with more stories of Commander Stern's exploits against Rome please.

Stern basically accused Rome of being a hack for ratings, asking questions he doesn't have any business asking. Rome basically said he was shocked because although he and Stern had had touchy conversations in the past he felt there was a mutual respect, though he doesn't feel that way any longer. Stern doesn't care who he slays.

h3ro

Stern basically accused Rome of being a hack for ratings, asking questions he doesn't have any business asking. Rome basically said he was shocked because although he and Stern had had touchy conversations in the past he felt there was a mutual respect, though he doesn't feel that way any longer. Stern doesn't care who he slays.
So good! Jim Everett must be so proud.

We need a 'deal with it' gif with YNB's red glasses coming down on Sterns face.

Here

David Stern has always dealt with questions about whether or not certain parts of the NBA are rigged. If I was him, I would really be upset with people constantly asking this stuff. However, Jim Rome plugged ahead and asked Stern if he rigged the lottery. In order to put Rome in his place, Stern asked Rome if he still beat his wife.

I don’t think that Rome actually beats his wife but David Stern wanted to make that moment as awkward as possible. That certainly distracts from the fixed lottery talk. Nothing like talking about spousal abuse to get the publicity away from you. Stern could have answered that in a more humane way, but whatever. He does what he wants these days.

David Stern is often accused of being out of touch and over the hill. Asking a loaded question like this certainly will not distract people from those issues. He used to be a great commissioner but he lost his fastball awhile ago. He needs to step down. The controversy surrounding him and his league never seem to stop these days.

I am sure that this clip will make the Internet rounds. David Stern has his enemies that are always looking for ways to take him down. Asking a reporter if he beats his wife is kind of a big piece of ammo for the haters. It was a way to make the question seem absurd, but I think Stern looks worse off.

FUTURE NEWS:

When sent a flurry of e-mails filled with accusations of possible foul play involved in this years lotto, David Stern replied with a mass e-mail with a very short message:

"EAD

-The Trillest"

The league office could not be reached for comment or clarification under the new "Fuck All Y'all Initiative".

reilo

FUTURE NEWS:

When sent a flurry of e-mails filled with accusations of possible foul play involved in this years lotto, David Stern replied with a mass e-mail with a very short message:

"EAD

-The Trillest"

The league office could not be reached for comment or clarification under the new "Fuck All Y'all Initiative".

Davi' Stern, the Based God.

So..Does Rome beat his wife?

Dodger dogs suck. I missed the game. I was at a dodger game. I watched the last 5 minutes on a shitty SD TV by the concession stand. I have a problem. They did show the first 5 minutes on the big screen out in left field.

So..Does Rome beat his wife?

Dodger dogs suck. I missed the game. I was at a dodger game. I watched the last 5 minutes on a shitty SD TV by the concession stand. I have a problem. They did show the first 5 minutes on the big screen out in left field.

Rome said it was a rhetorical question in response to Stern feeling Rome asking about the fix was unfair.

127992923_crop_650x440.jpg

'Hold dat shit"

Wait so Rome never beat his wife. I thought maybe I missed something in Rome's history and Stern just didn't give a fuck and brought it up. Now Rome has to deflect wife beating reports for the next week. lol

Wow he said I have to go talk to someone important like Stephan A. Smith. Lol.

This is the leader of the NBA. What a disgraceful human being. He set the Lakers back 3 years.....................

Can you imagine the president of any company answering an accusation with "Have you stopped beating your wife"
SMMFH.

"Do you still beat your wife?" is the response to any question you don't feel like answering on a topic you don't want to address. It's an attempt to appear clever and 'Socratic' when it's just a cheap rhetorical volley.

Goddamn that Rome interview was awkward as fuck. Stern actually said "I gotta go talk to someone important like Stephen A. Smith". Ether. Stern lost his mind.

The funny thing is that Rome's initial question about "was the fix in" was clearly half joking and Stern could have easily deflected and played it off but instead he went off the deep end. Must be a sore spot for the commish.

Top Bottom