• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Finals |OT| Good Job, Good Effort

Canuck76

Banned
Off topic; has anyone ever hung out with guys who bragged about their kool aid making abilities?

When I was younger i remember this being a point of pride and furious debate, akin to grown men and their grilling skills.

My middle class white parents wouldn't let me touch kool-aid. Frigging milk, water, and juice. None of that hood rat stuff.

Pop only on the weekends and 2 cans at most per day.

Fjordson

Taped that Dream Team doc., gonna watch it tonight.

Dream Team vs. Redeem team would be a pretty great matchup. Though prime Jordan, Barkeley, and Ewing would be pretty beastly.

Looking at that redeem roster, makes me realize how truly great shooting guards are somewhat rare these days. Kobe and Wade are both older, and I don't think Redd is even being considered for London this summer.

Just play Lebron or Durant at the 2 imo. Or bring James Harden.

The big men on the redeem team were Boozer, Bosh, and Dwight.

It wouldn't even be close.

This.

As I said, Kobe, Lebron, Wade, Cp3, Melo could hold their own against MJ, Magic, Pippen, Stockton, Bird, Drexler (they'd still lose since MJ and Pip were in their prime and Magic still uber elite)

But they'd get crushed inside. DRob, Barkley, Malone, and Ewing vs Dwight, Bosh, and Boozer? lolol

Taped that Dream Team doc., gonna watch it tonight.

Dream Team vs. Redeem team would be a pretty great matchup. Though prime Jordan, Barkeley, and Ewing would be pretty beastly.

Looking at that redeem roster, makes me realize how truly great shooting guards are somewhat rare these days. Kobe and Wade are both older, and I don't think Redd is even being considered for London this summer.

Just play Lebron or Durant at the 2 imo. Or bring James Harden.

Barkley, Malone, Ewing, Robinson. Redeem team cant touch it.

Dwight Howard is a child compared to Dream & Shaq.

He's only praised today because the lack of legit centers. For christ sakes, we have LeBron playing the 4 & 5. He's 6'8.

How does Redeem team fare with Dream Team II?

Payton-Stockton
Penny-Reggie
Scottie-G Hill
Malone-Barkley
Hakeem/Shaq

The hakeem/Shaq part would destroy Redeem. Kobe/Wade is better than Penny/Reggie (although Penny was great then). But Payton was great and stockton still himself in less minutes. Grant Hill was also elite then and Malone wasn't even MVP, yet.

edt: I forgot DRob was still on this team. Good lord the insides were nuts. It's basically the same inside players as Dream team, only with Shaq and Hakeem added.

He's only praised today because the lack of legit centers. For christ sakes, we have LeBron playing the 4 & 5. He's 6'8.

Lebron is really 6'10. He's basically Karl Malone.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Dwight, the best center on the redeem team, couldn't steal a single minute as a 5th big next to the dream team bigs. No need to talk about Bosh or Boozer.
Yup. We all know Boozer would totally dominate. No reason to debate it.

Welcome to the Boozer Defense Force, Rasik.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
That reserved "Boozer" portion of the bench wouldn't see the light of day until the final buzzer.

Barkley or Malone just might end his career in practice.
Final buzzer? Boozer takes the last shot? Boozer has a supreme clutch gene?

Once again, you're right, Rasik. You're making the Boozer Defense Force proud.

Mullin and Laetner would shit on Boozer, Prince, and Redd 2 on 3.

Hell, everyone but Kidd and Kobe would shit their pants from the trash talking, alone.

I'd LOOOOOOOVE to see Mj/Pippen humiliate Dwade. God that would be great. No more 'Et Tu 4 U'.

They'd do to Wade what they did to Kukoc.

Prime 2000s vs Dream? Would be more interesting. If the Dream Team is all primes, though, it's over.

Kidd-Iverson
Kobe-Wade
Lebron-TMac
KG-Webber
Shaq-Duncan

Would be interesting. Can play Duncan at PF, of course. A Duncan-Shaq frontline would be devastating.

abuC

How does Redeem team fare with Dream Team II?

Payton-Stockton
Penny-Reggie
Scottie-G Hill
Malone-Barkley
Hakeem/Shaq

The hakeem/Shaq part would destroy Redeem. Kobe/Wade is better than Penny/Reggie (although Penny was great then). But Payton was great and stockton still himself in less minutes. Grant Hill was also elite then and Malone wasn't even MVP, yet.

edt: I forgot DRob was still on this team. Good lord the insides were nuts. It's basically the same inside players as Dream team, only with Shaq and Hakeem added.

Lebron is really 6'10. He's basically Karl Malone.

That's really Dream Team III, Dream Team II played in 94 at the world championship in Toronto -

Derrick Coleman
Joe Dumars
Kevin Johnson
Larry Johnson
Shawn Kemp
Dan Majerle
Reggie Miller
Alonzo Mourning
Shaquille O'Neal
Mark Price
Steve Smith
Dominique Wilkins

Redeem team beats this team, but Dream Team 3 crushes them.

The 2000 team was petty bad in comparison.

Payton-Kidd
Carter-Allen
Rahiim-Houston
KG-McDyess
Mourning-Baker

With tim hardway and steve smith to boot. Great PGs and KG/Mourning, and Carter/Allen is okay, but the rest...

This.

As I said, Kobe, Lebron, Wade, Cp3, Melo could hold their own against MJ, Magic, Pippen, Stockton, Bird, Drexler (they'd still lose since MJ and Pip were in their prime and Magic still uber elite)

But they'd get crushed inside. DRob, Barkley, Malone, and Ewing vs Dwight, Bosh, and Boozer? lolol

The bigs do give a huge advantage, but Magic and Bird were old as fuck. If they got similar minutes they would get murdered on D. It would depend on if MJ actually let the bigs shine.

masud

Banned
The Dream team would win because of the front court advantage but it would still be a contest. I think some people are underestimating the redeem teams athleticism. The games played at a different speed today. Lebron would blow their minds.

The bigs do give a huge advantage, but Magic and Bird were old as fuck. If they got similar minutes they would get murdered on D. It would depend on if MJ actually let the bigs shine.

A combo of DRob,Ewing, Barkley and Malone guarding the paint with Pippen/Jordan/Mullin/Drexler on the wings more than makes up for Bird's and Magic's oldness

The oldest or "worse" defensive unit would clean house: Magic/Drex/Bird/Malone/Ewing

even as slower versions of themselves Bird could stretch Melo/Bron out to the 3 and take them in the post with ease. Tayshaun is the only small forward who could guard Bird, with Bosh playing big minutes at Center with Boozer at the 4. Let's not forget 08 Dwight was even rougher around the edges.

It's really not even close.

uh, Magic wasn't old as fuck. Magic played in 1996, too. Magic was still elite. His last season he led the team to the Finals.

Bird was hurt. But Pippen was in his prime, anyway. And Stockton and Drexler came off the bench with him.

Best 5:

Magic
Michael
Pippen
Barkley
DRob

Come the fuck on. How does old Kidd, Kobe, Wade, Lebron, Howard combat that?

Tayshaun is the only small forward who could guard Bird,

Moris. What is this Moris?

The Dream team would win because of the front court advantage but it would still be a contest. I think some people are underestimating the redeem teams athleticism. The games played at a different speed today. Westbrook and Lebron would blow their minds.

Imagine MJ without hand-checking and the types of fouls Wade gets. Really, try to imagine it.

He would average like 50 a game. But he still wouldnt be faster than Lebron, or prime Wade.

Lebron is unique. No doubt about it. He'd also piss his pants with the trash talking MJ, Bird, and magic would give him.

Michael was as fast as prime wade. And bigger and stronger. Wade wouldn't do anything against Jordan/Pippen. Wade would look like Joe Johnson if he's lucky.

He would average like 50 a game. But he still wouldnt be faster than Lebron, or prime Wade.

But MJ had way more post moves, much better footwork, a better jumper, moved more without the ball, used screens more effectively........and on D he would have a safety net of Ewing/DRob/Barkley/Malone, Wade and Bron would have Bosh/Dwight and Booz.

masud

Banned
Lebron is unique. No doubt about it. He'd also piss his pants with the trash talking MJ, Bird, and magic would give him.

Michael was as fast as prime wade. And bigger and stronger. Wade wouldn't do anything against Jordan/Pippen. Wade would look like Joe Johnson if he's lucky.

No, just no. Ive never seen Jordan move as fast as wade could 4-5 years ago. Even in Space Jam.

But MJ had way more post moves, much better footwork, a better jumper, moved more without the ball, used screens more effectively........and on D he would have a safety net of Ewing/DRob/Barkley/Malone, Wade and Bron would have Bosh/Dwight and Booz.

Yes. And thats why the dream team would win. I didnt say otherwise.

Top Bottom