• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Finals |OT| Good Job, Good Effort

Derrick01

Banned
What happened there?

Refusal to accept reality. For people who supposedly don't care for graphics they sure like to pretend the stuff we saw at E3 is unimpressive.

DY_nasty said:
I think they were more athletic as well, but that's just me.

Forget Hakeem, Malone would wreck anyone the front line by himself. And the backcourt? I can't see anyone but Deron being in a favorable matchup.

Its still not even close though.

Yeah it would be a bloodbath. Wade would be flopping constantly, begging for calls that won't happen in that version of the NBA. Then some of the guys would get pissed and give Wade a real reason to be on his ass every possession.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Damn, does Chris Broussard get paid to dick ride LeBron? And I still don't understand SAS. He insults Skip's basketball opinion, but yet, ends up agreeing with him on LeBron's cluthness, Westbrook needed to pass more, and the Spurs.

LuchaShaq

Banned
I don't think Dwight's all-time great rebounding and help defense go away regardless of the era he plays in. He's better in this one than in the 90s because it's heavier on pick-and-roll than posting up, but he would still be one of the best in the NBA in the 90s.

Can't disagree more.

Look how he struggled against even shitty/old Cleveland/Phoenix/Celtics Shaq.

He had a 6 point game against Celtics shaq.

3 games against Cavs shaq betwen 7-14 points

Etc etc.

If he couldn't even play near his own average level against the corpse formerly known as shaq how the hell would he stood up against young Duncan, young Shaq, Ewing, Robinson, Hakeem, old as fuck Parish/Kareem, Alonzo, Dikembe etc.

He wouldn't make the all star team most years because he would probably be averaging less than 16-10 he averaged against old/fat shaq who was never even an amazing defender!

Hell the guy that makes Dwight struggle the most is Jason Collins and Jason collins is a stiff who only frustrated Dwight by staying put and letting Dwight fall over himself with his garbage footwork.

If Dwight played between 85-95 he would be a more athletic Mark Eaton. Not someone who consistently made all star teams/all nba teams. Sure his D and rebounding would still be good, not AS good but still pretty damn good.

So his lineup would be Rose-WB-Kobe-Durant-Lebron.

yeah, that would totally destroy a frontline of Barkley-DRob with Magic feeding the rock.

LOL

HOW DOES HE GET PAID FOR THIS!?!?!?

Amazing.

I'm pretty sure Pippen would shut down LBJ/Wade completely.
Jordan v Kobe? I'd pay to watch that alone.

Is Shadowlark 16-years-old? Jordan, Barkley, and co. run out the gym?

Insane, yes.

So much Nintendo damage control on gaming side right now, lol

That thread is golden laughter. They simply don't get it. Shit's gonna be PS2 levels of online.
People want to use their consoles to write on messageboards but not have oh, cross game voice chat or achievements? olol

If he couldn't even play near his own average level against the corpse formerly known as shaq how the hell would he stood up against young Duncan, young Shaq, Ewing, Robinson, Hakeem, old as fuck Parish/Kareem, Alonzo, Dikembe etc.

Hakeem would've given him nightmares. Duncan too. Kareem would've made him want to quit.
Shaq would've eaten his lunch.

That era of big men would destroy this one. I'm sure young CB would've loved to punk half of the league.

Can't disagree more.

Look how he struggled against even shitty/old Cleveland/Phoenix/Celtics Shaq.

He had a 6 point game against Celtics shaq.

3 games against Cavs shaq betwen 7-14 points

Etc etc.

He wouldn't make the all star team most years because he would probably be averaging less than 16-10 he averaged against old/fat shaq who was never even an amazing defender!

Hell the guy that makes Dwight struggle the most is Jason Collins and Jason collins is a stiff who only frustrated Dwight by staying put and letting Dwight fall over himself with his garbage footwork.

If Dwight played between 85-95 he would be a more athletic Mark Eaton. Not someone who consistently made all star teams/all nba teams. Sure his D and rebounding would still be good, not AS good but still pretty damn good.

Dwight is one of the greatest defenders and rebounders in NBA history and could probably score 17 PPG at least on athleticism alone. Mark Eaton couldn't score efficiently to save his life whereas Dwight would totally thrive in a dumpoff role since he's one of the best finishers ever.

What happened there?

Iwata doesn't believe in other companies being interested in huge power jumps so he thinks WiiU will still get good third-party support. Maybe they'll get Yakuza and Sonic and Platinum stuff and maybe KH, but I don't think they'll get much else going for a strategy that most Western and Japanese publishers will be uninterested by.

Dwight averaged 27 PPG on 63% shooting in the 1st round last year with Jason Collins guarding him.

I think LeBron is a great player but honestly, the defense of Scottie Pippen would make it very difficult for LeBron to do his thing. Scottie's defense was the equivalent of Magic running the fast break in terms of pure poetry in motion. Seriously a thing of absolute beauty.

Team #1
Carmelo Anthony
Carlos Boozer
Chris Bosh
Kobe Bryant
Dwight Howard
LeBron James
Jason Kidd
Chris Paul
Tayshaun Prince
Michael Redd
Dwyane Wade
Deron Williams

Team #2
Charles Barkley
Larry Bird
Clyde Drexler
Patrick Ewing
Magic Johnson
Michael Jordan
Christian Laettner
Karl Malone
Chris Mullin
Scottie Pippen
David Robinson
John Stockton

Who in their right mind chooses team #1?
Bolded team #2 are the players that would be better than those on the other team.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Iwata doesn't believe in other companies being interested in huge power jumps so he thinks WiiU will still get good third-party support. Maybe they'll get Yakuza and Sonic and Platinum stuff and maybe KH, but I don't think they'll get much else going for a strategy that most Western and Japanese publishers will be uninterested by.
I used to be a huge Nintendo fanboy when I was younger, so I understand the mentality. Ignore all logic, and just assume that because it's made by Nintendo, it's better than all the other games, and extra power can't overcome Nintendo magic.

I used to be a huge Nintendo fanboy when I was younger, so I understand the mentality. Ignore all logic, and just assume that because it's made by Nintendo, it's better than all the other games, and extra power can't overcome Nintendo magic.

That's all good and fine, it's the damage control for their online network that has me cracking up the most.

I think you need to take a trip to Nintendoland my friend

SoulPlaya

more money than God
That's all good and fine, it's the damage control for their online network that has me cracking up the most.
You don't need online. You can only experience Nintendo magic in local play as you see the smiles on your friends' faces as they realize that they're playing a Nintendo game.

I think you need to take a trip to Nintendoland my friend
Yeah, that's what I need. Another minigame collection from them, lol.

Team #1
Carmelo Anthony
Carlos Boozer
Chris Bosh
Kobe Bryant
Dwight Howard
LeBron James
Jason Kidd
Chris Paul
Tayshaun Prince
Michael Redd
Dwyane Wade
Deron Williams

Team #2
Charles Barkley
Larry Bird
Clyde Drexler
Patrick Ewing
Magic Johnson
Michael Jordan
Christian Laettner
Karl Malone
Chris Mullin
Scottie Pippen
David Robinson
John Stockton

Bolded team #2 are the players that would be better than those on the other team.

The practice segments of The Dream Team doc put their mindsets on full display. They went at EACHOTHER thinking and verbally stating their greatness. MJ saying he was better than Drex/Magic and then trying to prove it, Magic telling Malone not to take Chuck's shit and go right back at him.

Who on the redeem team would have the balls outside of Kobe to face their legendary opponent and even think to talk shit. 92 Jordan/Pipppen raped Kukoc because their FO were trying to convince him to join The Bulls. I can only imagine the motivation Pip and MJ would have to slow down James.

SamuraiX-

Dream team vs redeem team would be fun as hell. LMAO at anyone who thinks it wouldn't be evenly matched.
The bigs do give a huge advantage, but Magic and Bird were old as fuck. If they got similar minutes they would get murdered on D. It would depend on if MJ actually let the bigs shine.
Um yes. 92 was the year after they got back end swept by the bulls where horace fucking grant was dropping like 20 on him. And how the fuck is old kidd the best when there was deron and fucking CP3. That five you list there is a fucking wash.
Man hell no. Don't let current wade murk your vision.

And these types of games are all about transistion and running. LBJ, CP3, Wade, Dwight would run their asses out of the gym.
Lebron blows chucks mind today and he isn't even playing. Please. Dream teams only hope would be extremely physical play.
You are out your rabid ass mind.

Deron is big and definetly quick enough to guard magic with his limited ass offensive game. Think rondo Defense. Cp3 couldn't guard magic but the same is even more true vice versa.

MJ > Kobe but kobe will definitly get his

Pippen/Old hurt Bird < LBJ

Barkley>Bosh

The lieutenant > D12

But in the open court where most of these types of games are played the redeem team would beast.

Magic was 32-33. WTF are you talking about? Prime MJ and Jordan? And why the fuck did you edit? Is your delusional ass making shit up lmao?
Magic was 6'9, old and slow ass fuck. Passing was literally the only thing he could do.

And CP3/Deron-Wade/Kobe-LBJ-Bosh-D12 would be mighty close.
Thats irrelevant. Magic was never half as athletic as them and he was old as fuck. please

untitled-13txzf4.gif

I want to facepalm myself into a coma right now.

Emwitus

I think LeBron is a great player but honestly, the defense of Scottie Pippen would make it very difficult for LeBron to do his thing. Scottie's defense was the equivalent of Magic running the fast break in terms of pure poetry in motion. Seriously a thing of absolute beauty.

Team #1
Carmelo Anthony
Carlos Boozer????????????
Chris Bosh
Kobe Bryant
Dwight Howard
LeBron James
Jason Kidd
Chris Paul
Tayshaun Prince
Michael Redd
Dwyane Wade
Deron Williams

Team #2
Charles Barkley
Larry Bird
Clyde Drexler
Patrick Ewing
Magic Johnson
Michael Jordan
Christian Laettner
Karl Malone
Chris Mullin
Scottie Pippen
David Robinson
John Stockton

Why is pau/Kevin garnett being ignored for this trash?

No, just no. Ive never seen Jordan move as fast as wade could 4-5 years ago. Even in Space Jam
Uhh. You're wrong. Straight up wrong because You're being facetious or you're really young.
80s Jordan was the shit to watch.
And fuck you for forcing me to defend him.
Not cool brah

Shadow780

Was the Monte Carlo trip before or after Ewing fucked away his prime at Atlanta brothels? From the film it looks like he never a pair of tits on a beach before.

Top Bottom