• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Finals |OT| Good Job, Good Effort

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Please. Everybody's been talking crap about him, he's one of the reason they're here.

Put Steve Nash in his place? I don't think they get to the finals

The same Steve Nash that made Zombie Grant look like a starter for most of the season?

Or Steve Nash from Waffle House?

Best team in any sport ever assembled.

That Dream team would have beaten the latest incarnation, as well. Kobe, CP3, Wade, and Lebron may have help up okay, but Dwight, Bosh, and Boozer would have been bitchslapped so hard by Chuck, Karl, Drob, and Ewing.

Best parts: Stockton unrecognized. Chuck being Chuck. The Monte Carlo scrimmage. God, what I'd have paid to been in that arena that day. Oh, and had no idea how badly Mj and Scottie wanted to push Kukoc's shit in. lol

That Dream team would have beaten the latest incarnation, as well. Kobe, CP3, Wade, and Lebron may have help up okay, but Dwight, Bosh, and Boozer would have been bitchslapped so hard by Chuck, Karl, Drob, and Ewing.

Best parts: Stockton unrecognized. Chuck being Chuck. The Monte Carlo scrimmage. God, what I'd have paid to been in that arena that day. Oh, and had no idea how badly Mj and Scottie wanted to push Kukoc's shit in. lol

Honestly, chuck being chuck is why hes my favorite sports personality of all time.

Derrick01

Banned

I was telling my dad about the Kukoc part and the whole Scottie contract situation and he just went on this rant about how Tony was a better overall player and could have showed it if MJ and Scottie didn't hate him.

Needless to say I just let him go. It's like old people saying racist shit, you just nod your head until they tire themselves out and get out of there asap.

SamuraiX-

Only if you think hitting the back of the rim 10 times in one game while ignoring Durant is harder than hitting Gloria James in the back of stretch hummer while ignoring the shame.

rzTPs.gif

How come Shaq didn't make the team, would've been a hell of a lot better than that bum Laettner

Or Mourning. Shaq wasn't considered, IIRC, because Laetner and Mourning both played in FIBA in 1990.

And laetner was insanely popular leading Duke to b2b titles.

edit: btw, almost forgot, seeing Webber play against them was great, too. Webber earned their respect right away. Webber also looks great. Dude hardly ages.

DY_nasty

I'm talking Giri's Lord and Savior

Steve Nash
I'm not even going to argue this with you because its the gap in understanding is just too wide to even put into words.

I don't understand what some people watch... its like you wait for highlight plays to happen and "good things" that you like to see but ignore every wasted possession, defensive lapse, miscommunication, every non-verbal "fuck off" that happens. Do you not look for it because you just don't want to see it or because you don't know how to look for it?

Russel Westbrook is almost a textbook example of how NOT to play point guard. The only thing that makes him a point guard by some people's definition is the fact that he's the shortest player in the starting five.

Notice how I hardly ever talk numbers.

Just try actually trying to "see" the play when you watch the next game. Just look at five trips down the court. Look at where one guy is at, and just follow him and nothing else. Don't get caught up in the action or hype or rush - just follow that one player for five possessions. You'll learn more about basketball by doing that 3 times a half than watching 2 years of bullshit from ESPN.

DY_nasty

The Westbrook hate is a bit too strong with this one.
He's a fine player.

He's just dumb as rock and its almost shocking how his negatives consistently threaten to outweigh his positives.

I've been saying the same thing ever since the Team USA stuff and I'd love to stop, but he hasn't improved a single thing about that aspect of his game. He's actually got worse from the neck up. You guys know that I aim hate at everyone but McGrady. Its not like my bias hangs out of my zipper like Timberlake or Vag.

He's a fine player.

He's just dumb as rock and its almost shocking how his negatives consistently threaten to outweigh his positives.

I've been saying the same thing ever since the Team USA stuff and I'd love to stop, but he hasn't improved a single thing about that aspect of his game. He's actually got worse from the neck up. You guys know that I aim hate at everyone but McGrady. Its not like my bias hangs out of my zipper like Timberlake or Vag.

He's the most jekyll and hyde player in the league, I agree.

I disagree that he's gotten dumber. He's playing much smarter right now than last year in the playoffs.

And I agree he's not a natural PG. But that's the problem with people trying to shoehorn him as one, as well. Best thing Brooks did this season was have him stop worrying about that. He's a very good basketball player. And he's 3 wins away from winning a title as the 2nd best player on his team.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
The same Steve Nash that made Zombie Grant look like a starter for most of the season?

Or Steve Nash from Waffle House?

wait? are you saying that Nash made Grant into a starter? No sir, Grant still is a legit NBA starter, with low mileage thanks to that Magic vacation.

If anything thank the Suns training staff.. I think if Nash leaves he will age before our eyes like a bad B Sci-Fi flick..

DY_nasty

wait? are you saying that Nash made Grant into a starter? No sir, Grant still is a legit NBA starter, with low mileage thanks to that Magic vacation.

If anything thank the Suns training staff.. I think if Nash leaves he will age before our eyes like a bad B Sci-Fi flick..

Who else are they gonna give the minutes to in Phoenix?
He's the most jekyll and hyde player in the league, I agree.

I disagree that he's gotten dumber. He's playing much smarter right now than last year in the playoffs.

And I agree he's not a natural PG. But that's the problem with people trying to shoehorn him as one, as well. Best thing Brooks did this season was have him stop worrying about that. He's a very good basketball player. And he's 3 wins away from winning a title as the 2nd best player on his team.

That has such little meaning...

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

wait...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Hahahahahaha.....
Bhawahaha...
Smh.

Chris Palmer is just trollin' for attention.
Maybe he might have meant if they played TODAY
Could you imagine the Dream Team together in their prime? fuuuu
Who else are they gonna give the minutes to in Phoenix?

It's not that...it's that Grant still is very skilled.. it's not like how Jason Kidd fooled the world that RJ was a decent swingman..

DY_nasty

Fair enough, I'll back off on Grant.
My point is he's damn good. Which you need to be to be the 2nd best player on a title team.
He is good. He's just a terrible point guard. Probably the best terrible point guard I've ever seen.

But its not like people get what that means.

And being the 2nd best player on a title team means that you're winlessinthefirstroundwithouttherealstar good. Just look at Pau ffs

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
So, can the Heat win game 2? What adjustments can be made?

And is Seattle going to get a new team? This must be really painful for them to watch.

DY_nasty

So, can the Heat win game 2? What adjustments can be made?
Your bigs need to not stuck.

Bosh better keep hitting those threes.

Jesus Miller needs to come back.

LBJ needs to guard Durant full-time.

Shane needs to keep cheesing.

Chalmers needs help.

Make Wade delete his facebook account.

Top Bottom