• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Finals |OT| Good Job, Good Effort

linsivvi

If they chip, I think it becomes easier to keep them both.

They're still gonna get paid in the low 8-figures each, and they have a chance to be part of a historic dynasty.

I doubt that either will hit the open market.

You are thinking this like a fan.

If you only have 10 years or so to make real money for your profession, would you take a pay cut?

If they chip it would make them even more likely to leave unless the Thunder can give them the best deal. They've already won so it's time for them to get paid.

Dan Crawford has been added to tonights game.

all according to Stern.

So they beat the spread by 10% in Dan Crawford games and 6% in others. Not really that strange.

It does seem odd that the league would assign Crawford to games that the Heat are favored to win.

KingGondo

Banned
They'll have Harden and Ibaka until at least the end of next season. That said while I'd love to have Harden in Charlotte I'd rather we draft Shabazz next year and use the money we would have spent on the Beard to bring in Marvin Williams and another PG.
I assume you meant to type "Deron" instead of "Marvin," right?

Please?

Dmncnby2k9 said:
If you had to choose between Harden and Ibaka, who would you pick?
Harden. That kind of quality off the bench is incredibly rare, and he has a better foundation in more areas to his game than Ibaka. So few teams can fuck with having a starter-quality guy coming off the bench.

Ibaka's offensive potential is tantalizing though. He has the bulk to develop a low-post game and his jumper is already solid.

linsivvi said:
You are thinking this like a fan.

If you only have 10 years or so to make real money for your profession, would you take a pay cut?

If they chip it would make them even more likely to leave unless the Thunder can give them the best deal. They've already won so it's time for them to get paid.
That's one way to look at it. I think that's where the Thunder Culture™ comes in--this team is like a family.

Who really knows though. In Presti I Trust.

Yea, unless Harden gets re-signed to another contract he is going to be offered a max contract from someone. Good luck to the Thunder if they think they can match it.

I assume you meant to type "Deron" instead of "Marvin," right?

Please?

There is no doubt that Harden shits all over Marvin Williams, but for the cost of bringing Harden to Charlotte we could probably sign both Marvin and someone like Jarret Jack with enough money to spare to pay our likely top 4 2013 draft pick. So basically Marvin Williams + Jarrett Jack + top 4 2013 draft pick > James Harden.

linsivvi

That's one way to look at it. I think that's where the Thunder Culture™ comes in--this team is like a family.

Who really knows though. In Presti I Trust.

There's not really that many Tim Duncan in this world. They would be crazy not to take the best deal available. Winning a chip would just improve their stock. If they under-perform the rest of the series and lose, that actually makes them more likely to stay.

It all depends on if the owner is willing to go into luxury. If not, you better trust Presti can find a good trade for one of them.

I'll stick it in where I want, thanks. Ask Kado, he knows what I'm referring to....

iWocvGomKth31.jpg

His butthole?
hotdog in hallway.gif

charsace

They'll have Harden and Ibaka until at least the end of next season. That said while I'd love to have Harden in Charlotte I'd rather we draft Shabazz next year and use the money we would have spent on the Beard to bring in Marvin Williams and another PG.

You're crazy. Harden is a star waiting to happen. Big, strong, athletic off guard whose a monster finishing around the rim, skilled, creates offense and hits the 3 ball. I would trade anyone in this roleplayer draft for Harden.

I'm watching the Dream Team show now, at the part where they start killing each other in practice... is there anyone in the NBA right now, aside from maybe Kobe and Garnett, who would play that hard nose in practice in such a situation?

diehard

Fleer
I'm watching the Dream Team show now, at the part where they start killing each other in practice... is there anyone in the NBA right now, aside from maybe Kobe and Garnett, who would play that hard nose in practice in such a situation?

G-Time always goes HAM

Vestal

Jason Kidd, Duncan and Nash.

You're crazy. Harden is a star waiting to happen. Big, strong, athletic off guard whose a monster finishing around the rim, skilled, creates offense and hits the 3 ball. I would trade anyone in this roleplayer draft for Harden.

In this year's draft? Absolutely. He won't be a free agent until next year though, so it's a moot point. I don't know why that possibility was even brought up. The Thunder aren't going to trade him.

Army Birthday

But its hardly the party people think it is.

Says you. They have been convoying tanks and doing random shit all day on my post. I'm taking like 5 army guys out later for drinks on me. We been getting the usual don't fuck up briefs and apparently there were like 30 incidents last year. They been doing shit for this day for as long as I've been in, maybe its just your locale.

Top Bottom