• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Finals |OT| Good Job, Good Effort

Next topic on Kool aid chat; picky dudes:

"Nah man, I don't mess with that Cherry ish. It's grape or go fuck yourself."

"No thanks, I can only drink the aid if my dad makes it, you guys don't make it right at your place."

Those dudes suck. At least you didn't have cousins who live in the hood and they decide they're going to come to your house and complain about the Kool Aid you give them. What kind of stuff is that.

h3ro

Shadowlark's posts are better when you read them in the voice of Mike Francessa.

MAJIC WAS NEVA HAFF DA MAN LEBRAWN IS. TAKE IT TO DA BANK BECUZ IM NEW YAHK'S NUMBAH 1.

TylerD

Ok, I have to ask. How much was the face value.

Just $40. My season tickets are $10, first round were $15, second round were $20, WCF were $30, finals are $40.

We are upgrading our seats to $30 per game for next year.

edit: The value for season tickets in OKC is unbelievable.

linsivvi

Eh... its not the numbers really. Dwight is a fucking animal on the glass and he's a damned good defender

I just wouldn't take him over a lot of centers of the past.

My point is that if he has to constantly matchup against centers that are better than him while the quality of average centers in the league much higher than what we have right now, he would not appear as good as he is.

Maybe he could by virtue of playing against better competitions and improve his game. That we would never know.

Those dudes suck. At least you didn't have cousins who live in the hood and they decide they're going to come to your house and complain about the Kool Aid you give them. What kind of stuff is that.

Some people were kool aid illiterate though. Trying to water it down to turn 4 packs of kool aid into 5 jugs. Or those crazy assholes who went overboard and used 1 and 1/4 packets for one batch.

Just $40. My season tickets are $10, first round were $15, second round were $20, WCF were $30, finals are $40.

We are upgrading our seats to $30 per game for next year.

Wow, nice profit mang! $30 tickets should net you awesome seats. If I could pay $1250 for Lakers season tickets that weren't nosebleed I'd do it in a heartbeat (thats if I lived in LA =/ )

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
My point is that if he has to constantly matchup against centers that are better than him while the quality of average centers in the league much higher than what we have right now, he would not appear as good as he is.

Maybe he could by virtue of playing against better competitions and improve his game. That we would never know.

IWMTB is right though.

His defensive impact in league where most offense is perimeter oriented is staggering. I just don't think that its that much of a stretch to say that another dominant defensive big from the past could do the same. I also think that those same centers could do a lot more on the offensive side as well.

One on one defense doesn't even bother me that much... besides, Dwight got shit on by Biyombo of all people. Twice.

Wow, nice profit mang! $30 tickets should net you awesome seats. If I could pay $1250 for Lakers season tickets that weren't nosebleed I'd do it in a heartbeat (thats if I lived in LA =/ )
Bitch please. Even if you had that kind of money, I bet you'd have to beg your wife on bended knees to let you buy season tickets.

linsivvi

IWMTB is right though.

His defensive impact in league where most offense is perimeter oriented is staggering. I just don't think that its that much of a stretch to say that another dominant defensive big from the past could do the same. I also think that those same centers could do a lot more on the offensive side as well.

One on one defense doesn't even bother me that much... besides, Dwight got shit on by Biyombo of all people. Twice.

Sure, the rules helped a lot, but the lack of quality big men is the primarily reason why offense these days is so perimeter oriented.

So if the 90s centers played today, teams would use them a lot more and Dwight's defensive impact would be a lot less. He would still be a pretty damn good defensive center overall, I just wouldn't rank him as one of the best ever like IWMTB did.

Karl looks like a pimp motherfucker even with the cell phone pouch.

EAcVW.gif

TylerD

Moving from upper level corner to upper level center court same row.

It certainly feels closer.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
For a little taste of this in the modern era, Yao Ming dominated Dwight pretty much each time they played.

Its not like Dwight was playing Yao, an established vet at the time, at anywhere near the level he is playing at now.

Barnes did struggle to create his own shot all year. He looked a step slow and clearly needs to tighten up his handle. He has lost some weight which I think has helped his explosiveness. How NBA teams use this information in conjunction with everything else will be interesting. I wonder if this will tip the scales for the Cavs at No. 4. Im also hearing rumblings that Barnes may be in the mix with the Bobcats at No. 2.

Barnes future.

The Charlotte Bobcats are eyeing the possibility of dealing the No. 2 overall pick in a trade that would bring a more established player, multiple sources told CBSSports.com.

Rod Higgins and Rich Cho understand that the Bobcats need more than just a talented rookie, whether it be Bradley Beal, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Harrison Barnes, Thomas Robinson or even Andre Drummond -- to make the Bobcats competitive from their laughingstock of a season.

One source said that Oklahoma City's James Harden could be in play due to the Thunder's salary situation following next season. GM Sam Presti already has Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook on the books for more than $29 million next season -- and both Harden and Serge Ibaka will command huge contracts after the 2012-13 campaign.

Charlotte was an NBA-worst 7-59 this past season and there is no clear-cut second overall pick behind Anthony Davis, who will be taken by New Orleans with the No. 1 selection on June 28.

Beal and Barnes can both help Charlotte on the offensive end while Kidd-Gilchrist and Robinson would bring a toughness, especially on the defensive end. Drummond is a high-risk choice despite his physical tools.

None of these players is considered a franchise-changer -- and that's why the Bobcats would prefer to deal the pick and land an established player such as Harden who could come in immediately and make an impact.

or maybe Harden future.

KingGondo

Banned
ugh. Thunder need to do everything they possibly can to keep Harden and Ibaka. If you have to give up one, you give up Ibaka.
If they chip, I think it becomes easier to keep them both.

They're still gonna get paid in the low 8-figures each, and they have a chance to be part of a historic dynasty.

I doubt that either will hit the open market.

KingKong

If they chip, I think it becomes easier to keep them both.

They're still gonna get paid in the low 8-figures each, and they have a chance to be part of a historic dynasty.

I doubt that either will hit the open market.

you really think they'll turn away from all that money? I'm sure there are teams willing to offer Harden the max and make him the star

KingGondo

Banned
you really think they'll turn away from all that money? I'm sure there are teams willing to offer Harden the max and make him the star
I'm sure there at least a few teams that would offer Harden and Ibaka the max--but the key is re-signing them before they get offers as restricted FAs.

If push comes to shove, we amnesty Perk to keep the core together.

Small market team=not going to go over the luxury tax. Everyone knows this day was coming.

They'll have Harden and Ibaka until at least the end of next season. That said while I'd love to have Harden in Charlotte I'd rather we draft Shabazz next year and use the money we would have spent on the Beard to bring in Marvin Williams and another PG.

Dan Crawford has been added to tonights game.

Dan Crawford is scheduled to be a referee in tonight’s Eastern Conference Finals Game 6 between the Heat and Celtics in Boston.

Given the fact that the refereeing has been a major topic of discussion in this series, the fact that Crawford will officiate tonight’s game might raise some eyebrows.

Why?

Because if you look at the numbers over the last several postseasons, the Heat seem to perform better in playoff games refereed by Crawford as compared to their other games in the span.

Last year, the fact that the Mavericks had a very poor record in playoff games reffed by Crawford was well-documented on ESPN.com (and other outlets) prior to Game 2 of their series against the Trail Blazers. It should be noted that the Mavs went on to win that game and their next game that Crawford reffed en route to an NBA title.

Heat in Playoffs Since 2004
Dan Crawford games All Others
Heat W-L 13-3 (.813) 48-40 (.545)
vs. Spread 11-4-1 (.719) 41-44-3 (.483)
PPG diff +6.4 +1.6
Foul diff PG -0.3 -0.9
FTA diff PG +1.9 +2.7

In the nine postseasons since 2004 (the “Dwyane Wade era”), the Heat are 13-3 in playoff games reffed by Dan Crawford and 48-40 in all other playoff games in that span. To control for effects like home/road or playing better/worse opponents, it may be better to look at the expected win-loss for the Heat in those games given the pre-game point spread (betting line) for each game.

all according to Stern.

I'm sure there at least a few teams that would offer Harden and Ibaka the max--but the key is re-signing them before they get offers as restricted FAs.

If push comes to shove, we amnesty Perk to keep the core together.

If you had to choose between Harden and Ibaka, who would you pick?

Top Bottom