• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Finals |OT| Good Job, Good Effort

Wade could keep up with Westbrook lets not get silly but he probably won't. That being said WB tends to try and bully smaller guards so Chalmers might not need big minutes on him, Wade would put him in his place in that regard.

I remember Mamba breaking down both our teams earlier in the year and I think the consensus was that we were about even from the top 3 on. I certainly don't look at someone like Perk as nothing more than a bigger Joel.

And Kwame Brown is
Just a bigger Hakeem.

I doubt they're sticking Wade on Westbrook as long as Sefolosha or Cook or Fisher are out there

Chalmers and *gulp* Cole will probably go after Westbrook mostly while we likely trap the shit out of him. Wade will get Harden and whatever scrubs and Battier will get Durant a lot and LeBron will probably be on Ibaka

Mike Miller.....will be lying down like a mummy again

lol he may average 48 min a game now

Well to be fair Durant can't stop Lebron either. So it's tit for tat. Big man would break him in half if he made the mistake of trying to cut off LBJ from the basket. Ibaka would be a big mistake to put on Lebron as well.

Heat in 5. Yep. Westbrook will go back to his inconsistent play and team offense will dry up. Durant won't be able to carry that entire team even if Harden helps.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Holy shit, SAS really is an idiot. He ignores the question, makes bad points, and only serves to make Skip look smarter.

He just brought up MJ's bad moments to justify LeBron having bad moments.

KingGondo

Banned
Heat in 5. Yep. Westbrook will go back to his inconsistent play and team offense will dry up. Durant won't be able to carry that entire team even if Harden helps.
Westbrook has already been incredibly inconsistent in the playoffs.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/w/westbru01/gamelog/2012/#pgl_basic_playoffs::none

The key to OKC's success has never been KD "carrying" the team--it's about team defense, opportunistic transition ball, and passing the ball in the halfcourt.

Know what you're talking about if you're gonna make big pronouncements.

Westbrook has already been incredibly inconsistent in the playoffs.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/w/westbru01/gamelog/2012/#pgl_basic_playoffs::none

The key to OKC's success has never been KD "carrying" the team--it's about team defense, opportunistic transition ball, and passing the ball in the halfcourt.

Know what you're talking about if you're gonna make big pronouncements.

Big pronouncement? This a random sports topic on NeoGAF... Don't get in a fuss just because I'm not praising Thunder to high heaven. I have no problems with my prediction. They aren't ready for the finals just yet, their team will buckle. Give it another year or two.

PBY

Banned
Question- someone here posted about a book that basically says people who make predictions for a living are essentially frauds- been meaning to get the book but I can't find the post- anyone?

KingGondo

Banned
Don't get in a fuss just because I'm not praising Thunder to high heaven. I have no problems with my prediction. They aren't ready for the finals just yet, their team will buckle. Give it another year or two.
I don't need strangers on the internet to "[praise the] Thunder to high heaven." Your criticism simply didn't make any sense.

Your basis for predicting a Miami Finals win was 1) Westbrook will go back to being inconsistent and 2) Durant won't be able to carry the team on his own. As I stated--Westbrook has already been incredibly inconsistent these playoffs, and Durant has never needed to "carry" the team--he simply provides a consistent leadership and scoring presence. You responded to this with nonsense.

Either provide some evidence or basis for your prediction (other than Skip Bayless-esque "they'll buckle," "they're not ready yet") or don't get mad when I call you out.

DJ Crimson said:
Big pronouncement?
I don't require groupthink, just that big pronouncements (which "Heat in 5" certainly is) are backed up with something other than vague generalities.

DJ Crimson said:
This a random sports topic on NeoGAF...
Um... You're wrong there too. This is Best-GAF.

booking a timeslot on ESPN with highlights of your career to divorce your team is fairly gaudy and disrespectful.. imo.. at this point it's old news..

True, it's time to move on. Can't we all just hate Lebron for the "All the people that were rooting me on to fail, at the end of the day they have to wake up tomorrow and have the same life they had before" remark now?

Holy shit, SAS really is an idiot. He ignores the question, makes bad points, and only serves to make Skip look smarter.

He just brought up MJ's bad moments to justify LeBron having bad moments.

Whats wrong with that, everybody has bad moments. Jordan was lebron before he was Jordan.

I don't need strangers on the internet to "[praise the] Thunder to high heaven." Your criticism simply didn't make any sense.

Your basis for predicting a Miami Finals win was 1) Westbrook will go back to being inconsistent and 2) Durant won't be able to carry the team on his own. As I stated--Westbrook has already been incredibly inconsistent these playoffs, and Durant has never needed to "carry" the team--he simply provides a consistent leadership and scoring presence. You responded to this with nonsense.

Either provide some evidence or basis for your prediction (other than Skip Bayless-esque "they'll buckle," "they're not ready yet") or don't get mad when I call you out.

I don't require groupthink, just that big pronouncements (which "Heat in 5" certainly is) are backed up with something other than vague generalities.

Um... You're wrong there too. This is Best-GAF.

Sorry, I'm not here to persuade a Thunder fan that the team is going to lose. Nor was I looking for you or anybody else to agree with me. You could have just ignored my post like most are doing but hey. You have to continue with that overconfident Thunder crusade you got going on.

Whats wrong with that. Jordan was lebron before he was Jordan.

When? When he was winning NCAA championships with game winning shots or when he was carrying a bulls team towards relevance on his back?

Lebron has never won dick and he clearly lacked the fortitude to emulate MJ.

This isn't even a debate.

linsivvi

CommonSense wonders why people forget that Webber was also an offensive machine.

I would still put Barkley over Webber. Not sure about McHale since I am biased agaainst him but he's definitely better than Dirk. Dirk doesn't even play like a PF anyway.

As an aside, anyone remembers TNT's dream team draft a couple years ago? Webber had to draft himself in the last round. That was sad.

I would still put Barkley over Webber. Not sure about McHale since I am biased agaainst him but he's definitely better than Dirk. Dirk doesn't even play like a PF anyway.

As an aside, anyone remembers TNT's dream team draft a couple years ago? Webber had to draft himself in the last round. That was sad.

Barkley and his 6'4 ass could not defend webber. Not to mention Webber's ability to create shots for others and rebound.

Sanjuro

I would take webber in his prime over all 3 of them. I am serious as a heart attack. If you feel differently than you're either too young to remember him or to ignorant to be alive.

I'm neither one of those things, thanks. Webber wasn't a slouch, but simply he wasn't better than the players you mentioned.

When? When he was winning NCAA championships with game winning shots or when he was carrying a bulls team towards relevance on his back?

Lebron has never won dick and he clearly lacked the fortitude to emulate MJ.

This isn't even a debate.

NCAA championships? LMAO. Jordan wasn't even considered the best in his draft.

And wtf were the Cavs before lebron came? Even more of a laughing stock than they are now(Im suprised thats even possible.)

Jordan was the guy that was getting his ass handed to him by the Pistons and Celtics. Before Phil and Scottie came he was the one everybody was questioning if he could get it done.

Its really not a debate. Jordan wasn't shit till he actually won.

I'm neither one of those things, thanks. Webber wasn't a slouch, but simply he wasn't better than the players you mentioned.

Barkleys inflated ass numbers came at the tail end of the run and gun basketball of the late 80's early 90's where a score of 120-115 was the norm.

Dirk couldn't stop my grandmother from delivering bread, much less Webber on the block.

Even though webber was as good as either offensively, it's his other skills that place him squarely above either of them.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I would take webber in his prime over all 3 of them. I am serious as a heart attack. If you feel differently than you're either too young to remember him or to ignorant to be alive.

I definitely remember Chris Webber. Good player on bad teams but he was never very smart on the court. You replace Dirk or McHale with Webber and Dallas would have lost to Miami and Boston would have never won three titles and Chris Webber would be dead because Larry and Red would have had him killed.

NCAA championships? LMAO. Jordan wasn't even considered the best in his draft.

And wtf were the Cavs before lebron came? Even more of a laughing stock than they are now(Im suprised thats even possible.)

Jordan was the guy that was getting his ass handed to him by the Pistons and Celtics. Before Phil and Scottie came he was the one everybody was questioning if he could get it done.

Its really not a debate. Jordan wasn't shit till he actually won.

Dude, please. Comparing Lebron to Mj is like comparing your dumbo ass to DYNasty. Some things just don't equal others.

benjipwns

Banned
CommonSense wonders why people forget that Webber was also an offensive machine.
He's not even comparable by any evaluation:
Code:
Player	Years	P/36	R/36	A/36	PER	TS%	USG%	ORtg	WS	WS/48
Barkley	1987-93	23.7	11.1	3.9	26.6	.640	25.6	123	102.2	.241
Nowitzk	2001-08	23.0	8.8	2.7	25.2	.587	27.2	119	118.1	.239
McHale	1984-90	22.0	8.6	2.2	21.5	.625	23.1	122	86.5	.200
Webber	1996-02	21.2	9.6	4.0	22.6	.529	27.6	106	53.5	.164

Barkleys inflated ass numbers came at the tail end of the run and gun basketball of the late 80's early 90's where a score of 120-115 was the norm.
Oh, I get it now.

Egg on my face.

Whats wrong with that, everybody has bad moments. Jordan was lebron before he was Jordan.
Lol wut?
MJ won an NCAA chip with draining the winning shot. Somethig Bron STILL has yet to do.
MJ came into the league wanting to humiliate his opponents and had the will of a psycho. Lebron still lacks this attribute.

LeBron has never been MJ in the most important qualities.

KingGondo

Banned
Sorry, I'm not here to persuade a Thunder fan that the team is going to lose. Nor was I looking for you or anybody else to agree with me. You could have just ignored my post like most are doing but hey. You have to continue with that overconfident Thunder crusade you got going on.
I hate shit like this. Don't post in a thread unless you're willing to defend what you say.

And I think it'll be a tough series, even if I think OKC has quite a few advantages.

Aww dat checkmate.

“When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”
― Socrates

LOL, you can quote Plato and Aristotle too if it makes you feel better. Lebron isn't MJ and there isn't one person on this board nor in the league who would nod their head at your bullshit.

"Stupid is as stupid does"

Forest Gump

I hate shit like this. Don't post in a thread unless you're willing to defend what you say.

And I think it'll be a tough series, even if I think OKC has quite a few advantages.

I'd defend it, but I don't give a shit what you think about my predictions. Deal with it. Also, just to make you feel a little bit better. I said Heat will go 4-1 in the series but that doesn't mean I think they'll all be blowouts. There will be none of those in this series.

Lol wut?
MJ won an NCAA chip with draining the winning shot. Somethig Bron STILL has yet to do.
MJ came into the league wanting to humiliate his opponents and had the will of a psycho. Lebron still lacks this attribute.

LeBron has never been MJ in the most important qualities.

Lebron never went to fucking college, kind of hard to hit a game-winner from the sidelines. And all that psycho mumbo-jumbo is for the birds dudes. Talk to Vag with that bullshit.

MJ wasn't shit till he actually won. Anybody without a biased memory can tell you people were questioning whether Jordan could get it done, till he actually got it done. Anybody who says otherwise is revising history.

Top Bottom