• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Mar |OT2| The Manhattan Project Part II: Blow It All Up, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloudy

Banned
When everyone disagrees with you consistently on basically everything, it might be time to take a look in the mirror and see if you are the crazy one.

How crazy are you? Well, you have two bigs that can dominate the Warriors' small lineup inside and you want to go small to take away that advantage? It's the Warriors who need to find a way to match up with the Lakers, not the other way round.

I don't care if I'm the only one lol. It was plain to see what happened. We'd have lost if they played the bigs together in a 2/3 pt game down the stretch. They got many open 3s without LA doing that!

Booshka

They brought him back in the 4th though then GS went to Rush and RJ at the forwards with Lee in the middle. You cannot play 2 slow-footed guys vs. that matchup in a close game. Are you guys serious with this? lol

He still wasn't focused when he got put back in, he looked disinterested most of the game and got benched for it. Hell, Mike Brown emphasized FOCUS at Halftime and Bynum comes out not giving a shit.

I don't care if I'm the only one lol. It was plain to see what happened. We'd have lost if they played the bigs together in a 2/3 pt game down the stretch. They got many open 3s without LA doing that!

Why do you keep mentioning down the stretch? Bynum was benched 3 minutes into the 2nd half. And replaced by another big.

Did you watch a Lakers-Warriors game DVRd from last season?

Anyone else think Bynum took that 3 to make a statement about Kobe's stupid shots?
yes. It also happened a possession after Kobe threw the ball at Bynum's shins.

rage1973

Not only that, but his explanation that they went small is wrong since they replaced Bynum with McBobs and Murphy. Both bigs. Murphy the biggest plodder in the NBA.

and this explains why he was replaced by Pau early, how? Why not let pau rest, he played 40min to Bynum's 23.

And how does this explain the Pau-Murphy lineup?

Why even argue logic with him?
Just let it go.

Cloudy

Banned
He still wasn't focused when he got put back in, he looked disinterested most of the game and got benched for it. Hell, Mike Brown emphasized FOCUS at Halftime and Bynum comes out not giving a shit.

Don't get me wrong, I don't doubt he was benched for the 3 earlier. I'm just arguing that Brown made the right call down the stretch based on who GS had out there. I don't even like Brown so it's not like I'm defending him lol

Ahhhh Laker fans. Take the hyper bole down a little bit guys. This team is going to WCF at least. I think they go to Finals and probably win one last ring. Kobe needs some rest though.

shiiiiieet.
kobe rest?
c'mon son.
xwptp.jpg

Cloudy

Banned
Anyone else think Bynum took that 3 to make a statement about Kobe's stupid shots?

Then he better make the 3 or STFU. The media and some idiot fans have him believing this might be his team now but we'll only go as far as Kobe and Pau take us...

Canuck76

Banned
This team isn't making western finals. Nuh uh. Memphis, houston, Utah and denver. All teams that give lakers fits are teams they could end up playing.

The day the Lakers lose to Houston i'll be getting paid for a 2pac tribute by Al Sharpton. Only team that comes close in a 7 game series that you mentioned is Memphis.

Booshka

Don't get me wrong, I don't doubt he was benched for the 3 earlier. I'm just arguing that Brown made the right call down the stretch based on who GS had out there. I don't even like Brown so it's not like I'm defending him lol

So they should go small and put Murphy and Blake out there for defensive matchups, LOL.

Emwitus

And i'm starting to hate sessions run-by-layups. They look horrible and barely go in while he shoots terrible from the free throw line.

Cloudy

Banned
So they should go small and put Murphy and Blake out there for defensive matchups, LOL.

lol no. He should be the 3rd option and our defensive anchor. Every 30pt game he gets with Kobe and Pau on this team means we are playing the wrong way IMO

And i'm starting to hate sessions run-by-layups. They look horrible and barely go in while he shoots terrible from the free throw line.

he is shooting over 80% from the line. Just missed 2 late ones.

He also got goaltended on at least one of those layups. He made almost all of them the last few games.

lol no. He should be the 3rd option and our defensive anchor. Every 30pt game he gets with Kobe and Pau on this team means we are playing the wrong way IMO

Kobe scoring 30 on 10/27 shooting is playing the right way, though. lol.

Booshka

He shoots 83% for FT, that's not terrible. I have no problem with him penetrating and going for lay-ups, as a Laker fan, I hardly recognize it, except when other teams are doing it. He'll get better at dishing it during penetration, and his teammates will get used to it like the fans are.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Chill. Two of his misses were probably goaltends and he's been unquestionably hitting the majority of his FT's since he's been here.

Calm down.

Cloudy

Banned
he is shooting over 80% from the line. Just missed 2 late ones.

He also got goaltended on at least one of those layups. He made almost all of them the last few games.

I though he was goaltended on both. Dude needs to be more aggressive than he was tonight though. I liked his game

Kobe scoring 30 on 10/27 shooting is playing the right way, though. lol.

I just want Kobe and Pau shooting more than Bynum. And Pau getting more post looks

Booshka

Are you serious? When Bynum gets 30 pt games he is at like 60% or above shooting and the team plays much better. Kobe chucking and having Pau and Barnes and the rare Metta bailout is not what I want to see.

Edit: I have no problem with Pau getting more touches, that I agree on, but Bynum shouldn't just be considered a "3rd option" he should be on equal ground with Pau and Kobe, and if he is playing well, focus on him and let him go 12-14 and 15 boards.

Emwitus

Guess those two were magnified cause it was late in the clock. My bad. Anyway, on top of that he has to improve his lateral vision. He doesn't seem to be making alot of passes to players cutting parallel to him. No bounce passes or anything. Hopefully he can improve on that.

I though he was goaltended on both. Dude needs to be more aggressive than he was tonight though. I liked his game

He should be coming off the bench. Playing exclusively with Kobe is restraining his abilities.

I just want Kobe and Pau shooting more than Bynum. And Pau getting more post looks

Pau + Bynum should combine to shoot more than kobe. Always.

You would make the shittiest coach, ever.

Guess those two were magnified cause it was late in the clock. My bad. Anyway, on top of that he has to improve his lateral vision. He doesn't seem to be making alot of passes to players cutting parallel to him. No bounce passes or anything. Hopefully he can improve on that

He set up Barnes for a layup a few players earlier on it. And set Pau up a few times the last game. He does it well.

Cloudy

Banned
Are you serious? When Bynum gets 30 pt games he is at like 60% or above shooting and the team plays much better. Kobe chucking and having Pau and Barnes and the rare Metta bailout is not what I want to see.

Edit: I have no problem with Pau getting more touches, that I agree on, but Bynum shouldn't just be considered a "3rd option" he should be on equal ground with Pau and Kobe, and if he is playing well, focus on him and let him go 12-14 and 15 boards.

I don't feel Bynum is as good an offensive player. He has tunnel-vision and just wants to score. Very little floor awareness and ability to create for others. Him getting many shots is good vs. an extreme mismatch but poor offense for the team overall. Plus we need his energy to protect the paint...

Cloudy

Banned
He should be coming off the bench. Playing exclusively with Kobe is restraining his abilities.

Games like tonight make it look that way but maybe they start doubling Kobe earlier if it's Blake out there. Ramon's presence as a threat keeps the perimeter defense honest even if he's not producing

Games like tonight make it look that way but maybe they start doubling Kobe earlier if it's Blake out there. Ramon's presence as a threat keeps the perimeter defense honest even if he's not producing

What use is it if Kobe isn't shooting well and Ramon doesn't have the ball?

And Blake just gets killed off the bench and the bench no longer runs, again.

Besides, he's going to get minutes with Kobe + starters. What I'm concerned about is Ramon getting 0 minutes with the bench. The bench desperately needs a playmaker on it. has none. It's back to posting up Bynum exclusively.

Dave McMenamin
Bynum on not joining in on the huddles: "I just sat where he (Brown) put me.

yeah, this is a good development.

linsivvi

First Kobe acted like a kid, then the next game it's Bynum's turn. Are they trying to show everybody that they can't act professionally without Fisher? Maybe they need to hire Fisher as an assistant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom