• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Mar |OT2| The Manhattan Project Part II: Blow It All Up, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

giri

You can do it with big 3's. One of the reasons why the knicks offense has looked better recently is because of Carmelo PnR. I would imagine that it would be pure fire with a big sf that's having a good season.

The Knicks offense getting better is when they went away from a Carmelo as the Roll man on the PnR and started posting him up.

Aren't you a knicks fan?

Do you not remember Melo posting up like 50 times in the Orlando game alone?

No, big 3's do NOT make good Roll men unless you're playing small ball, in which case, ergh. It's rather simple really, the idea for the roll man is to draw one defender away from the basket. If your SF is the roll man, you still have 2 bigs in the lane. It doesn't really help create space at all.

Uhh, actually i think i have my terms confused. For the record, I mean, the one setting the screen should be a PF or C, not a SF.

I don't even fucking know. Back to work.

i'm going to drink like a sanjuro tonight

charsace

The Knicks offense getting better is when they went away from a Carmelo as the Roll man on the PnR and started posting him up.

Aren't you a knicks fan?

Do you not remember Melo posting up like 50 times in the Orlando game alone?

No, big 3's do NOT make good Roll men unless you're playing small ball, in which case, ergh. It's rather simple really, the idea for the roll man is to draw one defender away from the basket. If your SF is the roll man, you still have 2 bigs in the lane. It doesn't really help create space at all.

They don't run it with Baron. When its Caremlo/Lin they run it a lot.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Someone hasn't been watching the spurs last few games eh

Last few spurs games?

lol... I ain't even worried. Pop will run out bullshit for three weeks straight on whim. Its a sign that he doesn't give a fuck.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
14th in the league, right after Toronto. Think about that.

Lakers haven't made a FG in the half. le sigh.

GET MUPRhY OUT.

Thats a skewed stat... but its cool.

I'll just charge up my "I told you so" lasers and chill.

charsace

I can't wait til this substituent teacher that is Mike Brown is gone

There isn't a coach that will be able to coach this Lakers team if Brown can't. Brown is Pop offspring; he's a player's coach and preaches defense. But he has no rings so these guys basically tell him to fuck off. Kobe won't listen to anyone that isn't Phil Jackson.

Thats a skewed stat... but its cool.

I'll just charge up my "I told you so" lasers and chill.

Said the same thing last season and what happened? Their D was atrocious.

They have no defenders outside a bit of Duncan. But he can't give 35 min of what he used to give.

Spurs are now a regular season team. You can set your lasers to "eating crow" in advance.

Lakers O is out of rhythm, now. Can't get any flow. Giving up too many inside shots, too.

charsace

I really don't understand what Kobe has against running off a screen and catching and shooting. I thought the whole point of getting Ramon was to have a pg that can run and offense and handle the ball?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom