• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowser

Nate McMillan interviewing with the Bobcats. Kemba is in the corner crying.

Seven known candidates:

Former Portland HC Nate McMillan
Bobcats assistant Stephen Silas
Golden State assistant Michael Malone
Memphis assistant Dave Joerger
Orlando assistant Patrick Ewing
Cleveland assistant Nate Tibbetts
St. John’s assistant Mike Dunlap

And Indiana assistant Brian Shaw is expected to get an interview once the Pacers’ season ends along with Jerry Sloan expressing interest (who knows if he'll get an interview though).

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
SI.com: Did you watch the game that night [a 121-79 victory against the Portland Trail Blazers]?
M.D.: No. I got into my pajamas and didn't get out of them for a month. You know those people who deliver the food from Meals on Wheels? They were the only ones who saw me.
SI.com: Nice to see you haven't lost your sense of humor.
M.D.: Who says I'm kidding? Seriously, resigning hurt. It hurt a lot. It still does.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/jack_mccallum/05/21/dantoni.knicks/index.html

wooooow

thekad

Banned
So there were 12 rookies who made the All Rookie teams. Charlotte had 2 of the first 9 picks in the '11 draft, yet had no one on either team despite one of the rookies (Jonas) not even playing in the league this year.

fucking lol

Meyers Leonard is getting underrated in the ESPN and DX mocks. He's got some pretty bad stuff defensively, but he's athletic, giant, can make hookshots and free throws, blocks shots. Seems kind of weird for him to be projected late first-round, he could be a pretty good center.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Man I just caught up on that other thread. What in the fucking world?

Still sad about Stan :(

Hopefully Orlando makes some motivated hires. I'll be bummed out if we just resort for McMillan or somebody like that.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Seven known candidates:

Former Portland HC Nate McMillan
Bobcats assistant Stephen Silas
Golden State assistant Michael Malone
Memphis assistant Dave Joerger
Orlando assistant Patrick Ewing
Cleveland assistant Nate Tibbetts
St. John’s assistant Mike Dunlap

And Indiana assistant Brian Shaw is expected to get an interview once the Pacers’ season ends along with Jerry Sloan expressing interest (who knows if he'll get an interview though).
Mac 10.. Nooooooooo!

Bowser

Read about Sloan's interest in the Magic. For the love of God, Martins, get on it.

Get in line bro!

Hall of Fame coach Jerry Sloan likely will meet with Charlotte Bobcats management about their job opening, an informed source confirmed Tuesday evening.

Sloan, who turned 70 in March, has been out of coaching the past 11/2 seasons after a 22-plus season tenure with the Utah Jazz. Sloan told the Salt Lake Tribune on Tuesday he’s ready to return to coaching and is interested in working for Bobcats owner Michael Jordan.

Sloan told the Tribune he wasn’t turned off by the idea of taking over a team that went 7-59 this season – the worst winning percentage in NBA history.

“Obviously we wouldn’t win right off the bat,” Sloan said of the Bobcats. “But sometimes it’s not all about starting on top.”

Sloan indicated he’d be interested in the opening in Orlando but hadn’t heard from the Magic after coach Stan Van Gundy was fired Monday.

Sloan and Jordan have had longtime respect for each other. Sloan’s Jazz teams advanced to the NBA Finals in 1997 and 1998, only to be eliminated both times by Jordan’s Chicago Bulls teams.

Sloan indicated to the Tribune he might meet soon with Jordan about the opening. Coincidentally there is a major motorcycle race in Salt Lake City this weekend which Jordan has attended in the past. Sloan has a farm in Illinois, but told the Tribune he was headed back to Salt Lake City this week.

Sloan coached 19 Jazz teams to the playoffs. His regular-season record (he also coached the Bulls three seasons from 1979 to 1982) is 1,221-803, a 60.3 winning percentage.

After resigning from the Jazz, Sloan received feelers from a handful of NBA teams last offseason. He said he wasn’t yet ready to return to the bench, though an overture from the Indiana Pacers was of the most interest.

Now he seems recharged and bored in retirement. Certainly he’d be challenged by the prospect of putting the Bobcats back on firm footing.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/20...mer-jerry-sloan-interested.html#storylink=cpy

Honestly, while I wouldn't mind if the Cats hired Sloan, his age (70 years old) scares me. I would rather hire an upcoming assistant that will be with the team long-term (of course, he would have to pan out for that to happen). Then again, the average NBA coaching tenure is ~3 years which I think Sloan could do. My top 3 would probably be Shaw, Malone and Sloan.

RBH

iby0qpT7SigquG.png

One week left.........

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I don't want to see Sloan coaching two garbage teams for nothing. I honestly want to see him coach the Lakers just to see Jazz fans' reactions.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I want to see MJ write Sloan his first check.

Glorious.

/d3templarvoice

exarkun

man houston needs that top 3 pick. like real bad.

gonna spend all my loan money on...strippers and bud light if we win it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom