• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.
The wolves have no need for Gasol. They need wings. Love and Pek get the job done. What they need is perimeter players.
I'm actually fine with trading for Gasol, as long as we keep our core.

Gasol would be just what we need defensively. He's very tall and is a good helper. He would also reduce Love/Pek's minutes which would keep them fresh and healthy. Also, if he reduced Pek's minutes, Pek would be much easier to resign (his contract is up this year).

We just need league average wings.

SUPREME1

Banned
He's banned of course. Trollin' on Gaming IIRC.

R.IP. TO LAKERS-AGE LEGEND AND TRUE GENTLEMAN... CAPLOVINGSTEAM

FREE THE CAPTAIN!.........................................FREE THE CAPTAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!
FREE THE CAPTAIN!.........................................FREE THE CAPTAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!
FREE THE CAPTAIN!.........................................FREE THE......
FREE THE CAPTAIN!.........................................FREE THE CAPTAIN!!!!!!
FREE THE CAPTAIN!.........................................FREE THE CAPTAIN!!!!!!
FREE THE CAPTAIN!....................................................CAPTAIN!!!!!!!!!!!
FREE THE CAPTAIN!....................................................CAPTAIN!!!!!!!!!!!
FREE THE CAPTAIN!FREE THE CAPTAIN!....FREE THE CAPTAIN!!!!!!!!!!!

I'MA RIOT FOR YOU BABY BOO!!

That's true, if you can surround him with top 5 picks, he could work in Phoenix. The best thing about him is he feeds off people doubting him and is determined to succeed as much as someone like MKG. If he doesn't do well, it won't be for a lack of effort and work on his part. I'm rooting for him. He only played two seasons at Carolina but he's one of my favorites to ever don Carolina blue.
Good to hear that he has that kind of work ethic form someone that actually watched the team. It's getting incredibly annoying reading Suns fans bitch and moan about him and how he can't shoot, etc. based off of reading an article or two.
Yeah I don't know how anyone could "live with" a 2-time MVP type of situation. Tough shit really.

You clearly missed the context I was using that statement in. As if anyone expects him to get to the level Nash did. Derp.

SamuraiX-

Keith Smart said:
“You prepare for everything and then you hope you finally get a player who you know can come to your team with his attitude – just hearing his (quote) when he went on stage and talked about work (saying) ‘I have to do work.’ I talked with him right after he finished some of his media obligations (in Newark) and the whole concept of what I’m trying to do, what I want the guys to be able to do is work first, work for it first, and that’s the approach that that young man has.”
Keith Smart said:
What did you ask him when the team interviewed him at the NBA Draft Combine in Chicago?

“I asked him the question at our meeting, ‘How would you react to not playing at the moment when you come to an NBA team? How would you feel about that?’ And he just said, ‘Coach, I’m just going to work.’ Now, you never thought that conversation I had with him in Chicago would be a conversation that I can say to him again – ‘Remember that question I had?’ – because now here he is.

“I (also asked him), ‘How would you handle a coach really challenging you to be much better?’ (and) he said, ‘Well Coach, if you’re challenging me, you must want me to be better.’”

Really hoping he can complement DMC in the way everyone believes he can. If anything he should at least be able to force this team to give a little more of a fuck this season and that's almost more than I could ask for.

What take do you guys have on the T-Rob/DMC duo?

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
After a pow wow and some analysis, the Cavs picks are making sense, if Byron Scott coaches the roster correctly.

I think he's pretty bad, but he can't be worse than the other perimeter players on the team...

Did you not see the stellar year he had in LA?

Canuck76

Banned
Really hoping he can complement DMC in the way everyone believes he can. If anything he should at least be able to force this team to give a little more of a fuck this season and that's almost more than I could ask for.

What take do you guys have on the T-Rob/DMC duo?

Yeah I'm excited to see it. T-rob seems to be a good fit in the lineup and in the locker room. DMC really seemed to turn it around last season, and just put his head down and put up numbers. Rob should only help that. Rob just looks like a killer as well.

I think honestly it's time for this team to take the next step and vie for a playoff spot. They have the talent, they need to start setting goals as a franchise and say "from now on were going to the playoffs no excuses. we have the talent, we know we can be there. were not going back to the lottery."

balddemon

Banned
TRob has too much heart to fail
like, seriously. this guy cannot be stopped. if he's not very very good, he'll at least be solid. he was a monstrous machine at KU

SamuraiX-

Yeah I'm excited to see it. T-rob seems to be a good fit in the lineup and in the locker room. DMC really seemed to turn it around last season, and just put his head down and put up numbers. Rob should only help that. Rob just looks like a killer as well.

I think honestly it's time for this team to take the next step and vie for a playoff spot. They have the talent, they need to start setting goals as a franchise and say "from now on were going to the playoffs no excuses. we have the talent, we know we can be there. were not going back to the lottery."

Really can't wait for next season... hopefully he gets some good minutes in summer league action. :D

@bold: I love your optimism, but that sentiment will never be echoed in this organization until we pitchfork & torch the Maloofs out of town. We aren't going anywhere with this team, regardless of how much talent, if we're gonna continue to have the bottommost salary in the NBA.

So I'll just enjoy this season for what it is and hope we can at least crack 30 wins this time around.

TRob has too much heart to fail
like, seriously. this guy cannot be stopped. if he's not very very good, he'll at least be solid. he was a monstrous machine at KU

That's pretty much my take on him. I just hope he can improve his touch around the rim and establish at least a consistent skill set in the post. If he can't, I just worry that his 6' 7.75" (6' 8.75" w/ shoes) frame will give him too much trouble to be great against the real bigs of the league.

I still can't believe Cavs passed on T.Rob for Waiters. Basically they passed on him because they reached for Tristan last year, now they reach for Waiters. I would be pissed as a Cavs fan.

RBH

... ugh. Odumb-age.

Meh.

0ccb339f.jpg

benjipwns

Banned
http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/fandom/post/_/id/5414/the-playbook-qa-top-nba-prospects
What do you think your rating will be in "NBA 2K13"?

Robinson: I want to push for mid-70s or close to 80.

Barnes: If they put me at a 60 … 62, I would be happy with that because some starters are a 62. And if they give me some good bounce, I would be happy with that.

Rivers: Well, I just went out to San Francisco for the 2K thing, so considering I did that … I hope it’s a good rating. I’m aiming for high 70s and then work my way up.

Zeller: I actually don’t play it, so I don’t know what a good rating is. Let's say 70.

Kidd-Gilchrist: Probably like 85.
What are you going to miss most about playing in college?

Harrison Barnes: The free meals. Getting those five-star meals four times a day on the road. I don’t know if I’ll be getting that at the NBA level.
What was the craziest moment you shared with a fan?

Barnes: A woman asked me to sign her chest. I couldn’t do it, though. It was inappropriate, and the setting I was in was not the place.
What are you doing when you're not playing basketball?

Barnes: Taking long walks on the beach with the sand going through my hair on a jet ski.
Who will be this year's NBA Rookie of the Year?

Barnes: Whoever has the best season.

SamuraiX-

What are you most looking forward to in the NBA?

Kidd-Gilchrist: I don’t really know yet. I don’t know if I’m looking forward to it.
What's your go-to pregame music?

Kidd-Gilchrist: Anything with Drake on it.
What do you think your rating will be in "NBA 2K13"?

Kidd-Gilchrist: Probably like 85.

wat da fuq is dis shit

What fashion statement do you plan to make at your first postgame news conference?

Robinson: Oh, I’m staying sharp. I don’t know, but I’ll be sharp.

ya'll ain't ready

balddemon

Banned
i like your avatar samurai. i might sport trob as well. hes my new favorite player
What are you doing when you're not playing basketball?

Barnes: Taking long walks on the beach with the sand going through my hair on a jet ski.

WHAt hahahahaha walking on the beach on a jetski. this guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom