• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.
If only Shaq became GM. He'd ship Dwight so fast.

Brooklyn - Dwight, Duhon, Metta, GODlock and Lakers' 1st
LAL - Dwill, Hedo
ORL - Pau, Bropez, Ebanks and a ton of picks.

This would require Orlando to go full Rasharded which Shaq would assure. His press confrence explaining the move would be full of "bigman moves", "veteran" and "champion".

Chad Ford writing articles about how Perry Jones is dominating in nearly empty gyms after having criticized this draft a ton because of Jones' disappointing year, smh.

edit: Ha, Givony killed him about that:

Draftexpress said:
Workouts=My favorite time of year. Every player is suddenly 100% better in every facet of the game. Everyone was "misused" in college.

Unfortunately, 99% of time we've found they end up reverting back to being exactly the same we thought once they're playing in actual games.

Certain types of players just look better than others in workouts. Unfortunately that doesn't mean they are actually good basketball players

Biggest challenge about pre-draft process is amount of time between the end of the season and the draft. Our memory works in funny ways...

So Woodson was extended to be the head coach of the Knicks. Looking forward to endless Melo isolation plays. Lin should get out as soon as he can.

So Woodson was extended to be the head coach of the Knicks. Looking forward to endless Melo isolation plays. Lin should get out as soon as he can.
When Bibby and JR Smith are you starting guards I'll take endless Carmelo Isos all day. The key is the June Early Bird Rights ruling and whether the Knicks plan to buy a second draft pick. They need a backup PG and another swingman for the bench.

Emwitus

Iso's are a big part of a championship team unfortunately if your coach isn't named pops......who still runs isos for TD that won them championships.

Branduil

did u also know that if a meteor fell on every other team in the nba and only the lakers were left alive then they would win the chip

do it mitch

No, actually they'd probably do an "expansion draft" in that scenario. All of the Lakers players and a bunch of rookies in a lottery draft so every team can rebuild.

And then Kobe ends up on the Bobcats.

No, actually they'd probably do an "expansion draft" in that scenario. All of the Lakers players and a bunch of rookies in a lottery draft so every team can rebuild.

And then Kobe ends up on the Bobcats.

I remember a thread on the RealGM Raptors' board where one of the mods posted about a hypothetical scenario of every Raptor player dying in a plane crash and the team having to rebuild through the expansion draft where teams could protect three players. It was pretty amazing.

Mxrz

Is Kupchak a real GM candidate or is that just media buzzing? Unless he's getting fired, why would he suddenly leave the Lakers.

Is Kupchak a real GM candidate or is that just media buzzing? Unless he's getting fired, why would he suddenly leave the Lakers.

If he leaves, it's probably because he thinks the Lakers' personnel situation is so bad that nearly any decision he makes will devalue his worth as a GM for future employers and cause him to be among the sweeping changes that may be in store for the Lakers in coming years.

Duki

Banned
I remember a thread on the RealGM Raptors' board where one of the mods posted about a hypothetical scenario of every Raptor player dying in a plane crash and the team having to rebuild through the expansion draft where teams could protect three players. It was pretty amazing.

thats why the lakers woul.d still win doe

protect kobe, pau and bynum

the other 300 or whatever nba players are dead

new jobs open up for the 301st best player and below

do it mitchhhh

Branduil

thats why the lakers woul.d still win doe

protect kobe, pau and bynum

the other 300 or whatever nba players are dead

new jobs open up for the 301st best player and below

do it mitchhhh

Your scenario is different though. If EVERY team except the Lakers lost all of their players, they probably wouldn't protect anyone. It'd be a complete redraft, randomly seeded.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
If only Shaq became GM. He'd ship Dwight so fast.

Brooklyn - Dwight, Duhon, Metta, GODlock and Lakers' 1st
LAL - Dwill, Hedo
ORL - Pau, Bropez, Ebanks and a ton of picks.

This would require Orlando to go full Rasharded which Shaq would assure. His press confrence explaining the move would be full of "bigman moves", "veteran" and "champion".

you think Shaq would trade D12 for Pau and Lopez? lol

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
NBA trades in May are a rarity, but the Golden State Warriors are trying to swing one with the Utah Jazz before Wednesday's draft lottery, according to sources briefed on the talks.

The Warriors, sources said, are attempting to complete a deal with the Jazz that ensures Golden State's lottery pick in June will stay in the Bay Area under any circumstances

After an April coin flip, Golden State has a 72 percent chance of seeing its first-round pick fall within the top seven of Wednesday's lottery, which would allow the Warriors to keep the pick.

But the Warriors, sources say, are prepared to sacrifice a trade asset or two before Wednesday's lottery even takes place to make a deal with Utah that would wipe out the stipulations in place for the 28 percent possibility that the pick falls outside of the top seven.

Under the current terms, Golden State's pick must be conveyed to Utah if it's No. 8 or lower, as mandated by a previous trade with New Jersey in which the Warriors dealt a pick that the Brooklyn-bound Nets later sent to the Jazz as part of the Deron Williams blockbuster in February 2011.

So best case for the Lakers is giving up Drew for Dwight and Pau for D.Williams then hopefully getting some young players to fill up the bench. If that happens they are contenders again.

This is impossible.

Nets ain't that dumb.

Zep

Banned
Ch1CT.jpg

With how awful the East playoffs have been I wouldn't be surprised if Stern makes sure that Anthony Davis goes to an Eastern Conference team. The East needs star talent badly.

I hope Cleveland gets the #1 and gets Davis, gives them that chance of getting a ring before Lebron. Dan would be redeemed. Assuming of course the heat get wrecked by the Spurs or OKC this year.

I want to read this thread.

I'm glad Doug Collins' plan of making Rondo into a scorer paid off.

And who in the league front office does Pierce owe money to? 6 fouls in 6 minutes, the last one a charge where the defender's feet weren't even close to sliding?

Anyway, gonna enjoy rooting against the Heat from here. SA & Boston both have a decent shot at knocking them off.

Nori Chan

and dy will keep his cool like its ok man I saw this coming in feb

and then he'll cut his thighs and wrists to ease the pain

It's gonna be great

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom