• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.
This looks like a mega win for Lakers. Orlando would pretty much get what they could. Bulls would be a sideway trade. Nets would be the clear losers.

It gives the Bulls flexability, they could trade Pau's expiring in a season if he doesn't shape up, or amnesty him. It would basically be like amnestying Watson Korver and Boozer at once. It'd plummet them into rebuild again, they'd have to trade deng and hope for another draft miracle.

Nets would be alright

Watson/ Farmar?
Morrow/Brooks
Korver/Wallace?
Boozer/Humphries?
Bropez

Thats a 7 or 8 seed in the east, or they could not resign their guys, develope Brooks, Bropez and Morrow and tank for picks again.

Brooklyn you know you want those emotional and-1s!

That Nets side of the trade banks on a few things:

- Proky and company not being the best at putting together (ex. Wallace trade, potentially DWill trade)
- How willing Proky and co are to give up their near future to make the playoffs immediately, first time with Proky as owner and decently quick at that.
- Going to Brooklyn, a team fishing for picks is going to be a hard sell for a team with virtually no fan base and a much more popular team sharing the city.

The Nets are likely going to lose Deron anyway, might as well flip him for a first round exit so they have a FO moral victory under their new regime.

But I don't think it would happen either. Just wasting time while at work.

I believe the order will turn out like this

1. Hornets
2. Bobcats
3. Nets

Something tells me it's going to be;

1) Nets (new town? da fix is in)
2) Bobcats (stern is still suckin on mj's shoelaces)
3) Cavs (rich owner, has influence with Stern)
4) Hornets (welcome to the nba, noob owner)

The NBA, it's lottery is fixedtastic...

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Looking at the Nets payroll, they'd actually have to S&T Bropez and Crash to make the numbers match in a Dwight trade which the new, intelligent Magic GM would never agree to. I figure if the Nets get a Top 3 pick they'd just try to sell Deron on playing with a high lotto talent and saving money to get a complementary piece in the future.

pilonv1

Gerardo (Mexico)
A lot of "experts" are saying that Harrison Barnes will be a bust in the NBA. I think if he works on his ball handling, so he can be more aggressive to the basket he will be a All Star SF for many years to come. What do you think of his B-ball Game?

Chad Ford (2:18 PM)
Highly doubt he's a bust. I actually think he's one of the safest picks in the draft. He's got great size for his position and he can really shoot the basketball. I think he's someone like Luol Deng or Danny Granger. That's far from a bust and a great get in any draft. I just think that, in high school, the comparison was Kobe and he hasn't come close to living up to that. But Barnes is such a mature, dedicated guy ... he's going to have a successful pro career in my opinion. I'd be shocked if he slips out of the Top 5-6 range.

lol

Jeffrey (Sacramento)
Who does Perry Jones III compare to in the NBA? If he decided to work hard

Chad Ford (2:40 PM)
Paul George?

LOL

giri

It gives the Bulls flexability, they could trade Pau's expiring in a season if he doesn't shape up, or amnesty him. It would basically be like amnestying Watson Korver and Boozer at once. It'd plummet them into rebuild again, they'd have to trade deng and hope for another draft miracle.

Nets would be alright

Watson/ Farmar?
Morrow/Brooks
Korver/Wallace?
Boozer/Humphries?
Bropez

Thats a 7 or 8 seed in the east, or they could not resign their guys, develope Brooks, Bropez and Morrow and tank for picks again.

Terrible trade for the nets and they get significantly worse than this year.

The Warriors will not get that pick tomorrow, I can feel it! Espiecially after trade talks fallihg. Would be nice for Jazz to pick 8th tomorrow or any pick at that matter.

pilonv1

Sounds like a best case scenario of kevin martin.

Which doesn't really excite me.

I think Deng is a poor example because he's a better defender and rebounder, and Granger has more of an attitude. Maybe the best case is Caron Butler? I just don't see him being a regular all star. But a regular 15ppg+ starter.

The Warriors will not get that pick tomorrow, I can feel it!

Unless Stern decides that since the team is moving from Oakland to San Francisco they need a helping hand I'm expecting to lose the pick too. Not as annoyed about it as I would be a month ago, anyone who could be available at 7 isn't that appealing.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Be surprised if any big FA signs on to play with Kobe.

They don't need a big FA.. and money talks.. if they gave Williams the world (somehow) I wouldn't be shocked to see him as a Laker..

However, I think Wallace would be a good fit in LA if they cant get that huge name!

Branduil

Looking at the Nets payroll, they'd actually have to S&T Bropez and Crash to make the numbers match in a Dwight trade which the new, intelligent Magic GM would never agree to. I figure if the Nets get a Top 3 pick they'd just try to sell Deron on playing with a high lotto talent and saving money to get a complementary piece in the future.

Yep, the Nets' chances of getting Dwight in a trade dwindled significantly after the trade deadline. Especially if they don't get a first-round pick.

Blackace

Yep, the Nets' chances of getting Dwight in a trade dwindled significantly after the trade deadline. Especially if they don't get a first-round pick.

The Nets will be ok in the long run I think.. they are not in as bad of a place as like the Cats, or the Wiz

Blackace

Billy King is a pretty bad GM. Not being Bobcats bad is not exactly the highest praise in the world.

Billy King drafts well.. but trades poorly.. I think not having to please a star and a coach like Larry Brown will make him a little better..

Harrison Barnes isn't that bad guys. I mean Roy was holding him back.

we are trying to move up and I have a feeling Barnes is the target...shoot me now

Man the Nets situation could be pretty bad come to think of it.

They could lose their pick, their best player, their second best player, and be left with with the Remains of Brook Lopez (until he offs himself) to promote to the Brooklyn folks.

Goddam.

Blackace

They could lose their pick, their best player, their second best player, and be left with with the Remains of Brook Lopez (until he offs himself) to promote to the Brooklyn folks.

Goddam.

But the cap room they will have will be epic...

Branduil

Goddam.

Wait, who are you calling their second best player?

Branduil

Deshawn Stevenson has an ATM in his kitchen.

iKsUPxc93u7jD.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom