• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

giga

301810_451343668227496_1321280825_n.jpg

masud

Banned
I guess I should change my avatar since my SHITTY ASS TEAM DIDN'T EVEN SPEAK WITH PHIL JACKSON!

Looking forward to rooting for the neohawks next season...

Lkr

The interesting part, according to Lakers’ insiders, is Gasol would like to play for the Bulls. And what you hardly need any sources for is to see how he and Bryant basically can’t stand one another. It was no secret around L.A. what all those post series comments were about. "We got to be committed to each other," said Ron Artest. "This year we wasn't as committed collectively, and that hurt us a lot." Said Bynum: "We just weren't doing it together.”

That was because Bryant and Gasol were constantly at odds. And that came out several times in the playoffs with the two frequently arguing on the court and Bryant again questioning Gasol’s heart.

Yes, Gasol will be 32 in July, though given his position and the way he plays he can go a good four or five years. And that’s why him going where he wants to go would be vital. He has two years left on his contract and has talked about returning to play in Europe afterwards. Unless he really liked where he was, you assume. Also, his exorbitant $19 million salary the next two seasons makes him less desirable. And it’s no secret the Lakers want to move him.
http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/smith_120528.html
better not fucking trade him for Boozer

Apparently Pau for Iggy is the deal that has some legs....

take that as you will because I don't know how to feel about it...

Tell your gm to get off the phone with Mitch. He'll end up the beneficiary to your owner's life insurance policy. He's gonna get the deed to Doug Collins' house. Tell your gm to hang up the phone.

Who plays the 4 for the Lakers? Does not sound likely.

Jordan Hill could easily play the 4 opposite Bynum. Mitch would have to talk them into giving up another piece, a pg most likely.

The deal would end up being Pau/young player plus picks for Iggy/PG, Maybe Lou Williams since Jrue is still on a really good deal, it'd be dumb to ship him out.

Pau/GODlock or Ebanks and a first for Iggy/Lou

Lou Williams
Kobe
Iggy
Hill
Bynum

Blake
Barnes
Metta
------
------

The team would at least be fun to watch. Plus his deal expires the same year as Kobe's, Blake's and Metta's.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
If ever you get unibrow, will we be hearing playoffs talk from you next season?

I feel like you should still get some pleasure from daydreaming these last couple days

I don't even want that twiggy, gassed up Brandan Wright.

I just don't want the fourth pick again

Derrick01

Banned

Nonono please Bulls don't do this, unless it's Boozer for Pau straight up which isn't happening.

I see no benefit from this really. We already have a soft PF who soaks up money and disappears in the playoffs. What do we get out of this, especially since we'd likely have to give up more than Boozer?

He's even older than Boozer and I think even makes more money. Trading Deng with Boozer for Pau would be exactly the kind of idiotic deal the Bulls front office would do.

Nonono please Bulls don't do this, unless it's Boozer for Pau straight up which isn't happening.

I see no benefit from this really. We already have a soft PF who soaks up money and disappears in the playoffs. What do we get out of this, especially since we'd likely have to give up more than Boozer?

He's even older than Boozer and I think even makes more money. Trading Deng with Boozer for Pau would be exactly the kind of idiotic deal the Bulls front office would do.

Deng Brewer Watson for Pau
Then you'd have to find an idiot to take on Booz.

John Salmons for Booz? You guys like Salmons right?

Lakers would be a second round exit team again =/

DY_nasty

Who would be your ideal pick for Charlotte?

The best case scenario is that we get the #2 pick, Drummond tears up workouts and we trade down for two lotto picks.

But that won't happen.

So I guess I'll just be happy with MKG or Robinson. :|

SoulPlaya

more money than God

The Bulls should be trying to wait out Deng and Boozer's contracts, especially since Rose may miss all of next season.

SamuraiX-

The best case scenario is that we get the #2 pick, Drummond tears up workouts and we trade down for two lotto picks.

But that won't happen.

So I guess I'll just be happy with MKG or Robinson. :|

You'd honestly be thrilled with Drummond over MKG or Robinson? :O

DY_nasty

You'd honestly be thrilled with Drummond over MKG or Robinson? :O
Not what I'm saying at all. I hope we land the #w2 - so that when Drummond tears up workouts and his hype levels block out the sun we can trade the pick to Portland or something for multiple picks. We need help across the board.

Derrick01

Banned
The Bulls should be trying to wait out Deng and Boozer's contracts, especially since Rose may miss all of next season.

But then we lose Taj and who knows who else while waiting for the next 3 years of Boozer's contract and have to rebuild. Also god help us if Rose turns out never being the same again. He's virtually useless if he can't be his old explosive self, he still can't shoot or defend all that well.

SamuraiX-

Not what I'm saying at all. I hope we land the #w2 - so that when Drummond tears up workouts and his hype levels block out the sun we can trade the pick to Portland or something for multiple picks. We need help across the board.

Ah, I see. Has a scenario like that ever happened before though?

SoulPlaya

more money than God
But then we lose Taj and who knows who else while waiting for the next 3 years of Boozer's contract and have to rebuild. Also god help us if Rose turns out never being the same again. He's virtually useless if he can't be his old explosive self, he still can't shoot or defend all that well.
Fine. You're going to lose Taj, either way. Some team is going to pay huge for them (or can they only offer him the MLE?). You can't just trade Boozer for nothing, and amnestying him would still keep the Bulls above the cap or right near it.

I guess I should change my avatar since my SHITTY ASS TEAM DIDN'T EVEN SPEAK WITH PHIL JACKSON!

Looking forward to rooting for the neohawks next season...
Fuck Phil, Just Chill!
Odom likes the Knicks.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/sto...york-knicks-lamar-odom-top-choice-free-agency

Not sure what to think. I mean, it's not like I'd mind him taking minutes away from Jeffries.
Odom as long as he is motivated would be very good for the Knicks.

Since Ray and Hill don't like Kobe, I doubt it could be The Lakers, but the old free agents should get together somewhere.

The best choice from what I can see would be Phoenix, since two have history there and Ray seems upset with Boston's FO. Nash, Hill, Ray and KG sign for a few years, the medical staff work their magic, amnesty Childress and try to get another piece or two like Gordon and Dragic.

Nash Dragic
Gordon Ray
Hill Dudley
KG Morris
Gortat Frye

Ray and KG finally get to play with an elite PG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom